Chapter 13

My Shining Star

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I sighed; it was another Monday, which means school. At least I got to see Eunhee. I left Eunhee at her locker so I could give back the book I borrowed from the library that was due today. I took out the books and put them in the return box. I walked back to Eunhee's locker when I stopped in my tracks and saw Lee Minjee talking to Eunhee. More like threatening Eunhee. I overheard Minjee, "You better get away from MY Myungsoo!" she threatened. As the usual shy Eunhee, she didn't say anything. Eunhee just kept her head down low. Minjee hit the books Eunhee was holding onto which fell to the ground. 

 

I walked up in anger, "What are you doing here?" She started acting innocent; helping Eunhee pick up her books. "Stop with the act, I saw what you did." I stated. She didn't stop, "What are you talking about?" sounding clueless. I shook my head. I grabbed her wrist, pulling her up. "Leave her alone!" I yelled. "Oppa..." she pouted with her widened eyes. I shouted again, "KA! GO AWAY!" She rolled her eyes and stomped her foot, "Fine." She walked up to Eunhee and whispered something that I couldn't hear. 

 

Once Minjee was gone, I went up to Eunhee, "Are you okay?" I asked and hugged her. "Ne, I'm okay." she answered. "You shouldn't let her push you around like that." I told her. "I know I know." she responded. "Let's get to class." I suggested and I walked her to her first period.  

 

END OF POV

 

Minjee's POV:

 

Myungsoo pulled my wrist, "Leave her alone!" he shouted. I was shocked, "Oppa..." I could tell he was really pissed off. "KA! GO AWAY!" he shouted once more. I tried to play it cool. I rolled my eyes and stomped my foot, "Fine." I left Myungsoo and walked up to Eunhee. "I'm not done with you yet." I threatened, making sure Myungsoo couldn't hear me. 

 

Instead of heading over to my class, I went up to the rooftop. I sat on the bench and just watched the view. Slowly, my eyes started to become moist, blurring my vision. The moist started gathering up and there it was. A few tears dropping, blurring my vision even more. 

 

-FLASHBACK- 

 

Grade 7.

 

I sat in the back corner of the room. The teacher hasn't come into the class yet. I was minding my own business and just studied. Suddenly, the one guy I've noticed since the beginning of the school year came in to class; Kim Myungsoo. A few girls noticed me admiring Myungsoo. "Stop looking at him. You've got no chance with him." One girl said. "Especially how you look, you're too ugly for him." the other said. "You better not get anywhere near him, ugly bxtch." another threatened. 

 

I kept my head down, not saying a word to them. Ugly; that word always brang back terrible memories back in elementary. The guys I liked always said 'ew' when they figured out I liked them. Girls would always remind me how ugly I looked. I cried silently in the back corner of the room. 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

The wind blew through my hair as more tears dropped down my cheeks. "Stay strong, Minjee-yah." I quietly said to myself. I wiped the tears away and sighed heavily. I can't back down now.

 

END OF POV

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

AN: Sorry I haven't updated. I've been really busy these past few days. Well, I thought of 3 new stories, but I won't be writing them until I finish this one (: Thank you for reading!