Tenth Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Throughout the whole day, Chanyeol ignored me. I told you, when the giraffe gets upset – he’s really upset. I have been sending him text messages and calling him every break hour but he either ignores it or cancels the calls.

Damn it, giraffe! I’m trying to save your life here!

But that wasn’t the end of it....

I looked at the clock – 6:30 pm – in an hour, Chanyeol and that senior would be having dinner together and here I am stuck in laundry duty in the boys’ dormitory. Who does laundry duty these days anyway?! And for grown men too! I grimaced as I lifted up a basket of muggy sweatshirts into the dryer.

It seemed to me that my little giggle in class earlier left an impression on the professor, who decided to ruin my night for once and place me in this morbid situation. I rolled my eyes as I imagined his face while telling the dorm manager about what had happened. Professors like that (old, boring and snotty) live to see students like me (perfect, good-looking and multi-talented) suffer.

I shouldn’t be here wallowing in self-pity while stuffing in moldy gym socks, I should be out there – looking for Chanyeol and pulling him away from the vile arms of that senior.

“Kris, hurry up.” The nauseating voice of the dorm manager echoed from the office across the laundry room. “It’s time for dinner and I don’t want to miss it.”

Yeah? Well, I’ve got a giraffe to save, beat that. I thought to myself as I slammed the machine door closed and set in the timer. I got out of the laundry room and handed him the slip of paper – indicating that I had done what I was supposed to do. He took it lazily, signed it for approval and shooed me away.

I frowned, turning around to leave. I got up to my room, turning my head slightly to gaze at Chanyeol’s door. Is he still here?

I knocked on the door. Silence. Giving out a sigh, I thought to myself that I was too late – great! Now what?! I don’t even know where to begin looking for him. I should have asked him where they were going to have dinner.

“Chanyeol...” I mumbled, ruffling my hair. “You...” I sighed, sulkily going into my room.

Once inside, I took out my cellphone and tried to contact him again. I clicked his number (I got him on speed dial) and placed the phone by my ear. All I heard was the sound of his caller ringtone for me – Two Moons.

I sighed. When will this idiot remember that I wanted him to save Angel for me?! Oh well... I’ll have to remind him again some other time... that is... if there is another time.

I waited and waited but still, there was no answer. Eventually, there was a beep and the caller lady’s voice popped up, indicating that the line was either busy or unattended. I pulled the phone away and frowned.

..... He’s really mad at me, isn’t he?

 

Chanyeol had gone out of his room at around 5:30 pm, not wanting to see a certain stalking photographer. He tiptoed his way down the stairs, in case Kris was still inside of his room (but he was already in the laundry room by then).

Chanyeol smiled to himself, “Tonight’ll be a good night. Kris-hyung’s wrong to think he’ll do something bad. He’s a senior. He wouldn’t do that!” He sang to himself as he nearly tripped over a floor tile.

But as he got out of the dormitory building, he turned his head back, looking up at the closed and dark window of his stalker.

“But,” He mumbled, remembering the events earlier and all the missed calls and text messages he had received from Kris after that, “Maybe I shouldn’t ignore him like this.”

He shook his head, “No! Kris-hyung’s wrong! He’s at fault, this time!” He pouted, crossing his arms as he talked to himself over his innocence. He put on a happy smile as he made his way to the meeting spot he and the senior had promised – in front of the school lobby.

Chanyeol and the senior had decided to have dinner outside – and Chanyeol loved eating outside. Not that he particularly hated cafeteria food (especially during Fridays because of the Friday Special) but he enjoyed the walks that came along with eating outside. He’s got long legs to take care of, after all.

Chanyeol sat down on a bench, aware that he was too early. But he thought that it would have been rude for a senior to wait for a junior. He zipped up his jacket and waited, looking here and there for any sign of the senior.

For some strange reason, he was feeling very nervous. This was his first time eating out with someone older, someone he wasn’t associated with since the day he was born (unlike Kris). He wondered if he should let the senior know he was here – but then he remembered that he didn’t even have his cellphone number.

He sighed. He didn’t like being alone – and he didn’t really like waiting alone. If Kris were his dinner date, Kris would have been the one to go over to his room directly to pick him up – even though they were neighbours.

Chanyeol laughed at the idea, “Hyung has always been so...” He pouted, thinking of a word that best suited the photography-loving-maniac-stalker. “... caring.”

He sighed again. He didn’t like having fights with Kris. This was probably their first legit fight. Ever since they were kids, all their fights usually involved who got to pee in the bathroom first or who got to have the last slice of pizza – little things. This was the first time he felt so upset over him – that he wanted to hide under his blanket, what he always did when he was upset.

He looked up at the sky before looking down at his watch – 6:55 pm – wow, he’s been waiting for quite a while now. His legs were shaking around impatiently as he squirmed in his seat.

“Maybe I should stand up and stretch...” Chanyeol mumbled. Then, he felt his pocket vibrate – oh, wait – it’s his cellphone. He flipped it open and sighed.

Caller ID: Kris-hyung (-ㅅ-)

Chanyeol held the phone with the name of the person who has been bothering him for quite some time flashing on its screen. Should he answer it? He wanted to talk to him again, but… His finger hovered over the call button as he blinked several times before deciding to press it.

As he was about to press it –

“Hey, Chanyeol-ah.” The senior’s voice came up from his side and he flinched in surprise. The senior laughed, “Sorry. Did I scare you?”

The senior came up to him as Chanyeol shook his head quickly. He gazed down, noticing the phone call.

“Am I interrupting something?”

“Ah…” Chanyeol looked down, before closing his phone – not bothering to answer it anymore. “N-Nope!”

“I see,” The senior smiled, “But… aren’t you a bit early?”

“Oh, well, I didn’t want you to be the one waiting for me.” Chanyeol laughed sheepishly. The senior chuckled lightly.

“Well, as an apology, how about we go around for a bit? I heard you like to walk.”

Chanyeol nodded, shooting up like a bullet. He grinned at the senior. “Yeah! That’s a good idea! I’ve been wanting to walk for a while now.”

“Then, let’s go.” The senior took his hand and Chanyeol blinked his eyes wide open.

“Um…?” Chanyeol looked down at their hands.

“Hm?” The senior turned his head back slightly. “What?”

“Oh… uh…. Your hand, sunbaenim.” Chanyeol mumbled, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the small skin to skin contact. Besides, Kris has been the only one who has held his hand like this – and this feels different. It made him feel awkward.

“It’s fine, isn’t it?” The senior smiled, his eyes shining. Chanyeol thought it would’ve been rude to just go out and say that it made him feel awkward – besides, the senior was being nice and well, a little contact isn’t so bad, right?

Chanyeol nodded and he was pulled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter