Second Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There was no way, no freaking way, that I just found Chanyeol... beautiful. What’s so beautiful about that giraffe anyway? Sure, his smile is pretty and his hair looks really soft to touch and his eyes –

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop. What am I thinking?

I ran a hand through my hair, trying to calm myself down. I looked back down at my camera, clicking the gallery button and staring back at my shots of Chanyeol.

Damn, he’s really…

I turned around, leaving the crowded area and made my way back to the botanic garden. I have to distract myself. I lifted the camera up to position and took several shots of the garden.

Click. Click. Click.

I looked back down onto the preview screen and frowned.

“Not good.” I mumbled, putting the camera back again and taking another set of pictures.

Click. Click. Click.

I looked back and still, it was not satisfactory.

“Damn,” I grumbled, looking up at the sky desperately, lightly swinging my arms to the side – feeling hopeless.

I sat down on a nearby bench, fiddling with the camera again. I clicked back to the pictures of Chanyeol.

Since when was this giraffe so photogenic? So beautiful…? I bit my lip, unable to believe that I was thinking of this – this thing – that Chanyeol was beautiful, something worth photographing.

“HYUNG!” Said giraffe’s voice made me jump out of my skin.

I immediately hid the camera behind my back and tried to talk as calmly as I could, “H-Hey, Chanyeol.” As calmly as I could, my .

He ran up to me, ending with a hop before sitting down beside me. Seeing his face up close after all of my puppy love musings made my heart twitch excitedly. I wasn’t blushing – God, please, tell me I wasn’t blushing.

“Were you there in the art gallery show a while ago? I swear, I think I saw you…”

I wasn’t looking at him. “You were imagining things.”

“Oh,” He hummed. “Was I?”

“You always do.”

“Hmm,” He tilted his head, noticing that I wasn’t talking to him directly – I was talking to a potted plant. “Hey, hyung~”

“What?” I grumbled, not taking my eyes off the potted plant.

“Have you taken pictures of anybody yet?” He asked and I felt my world collide with the sun. I could feel my ears burning.

“What? No, I haven’t.” I replied, quite rashly. “People here aren’t really good photography subjects.”

He was looking at me intently and I could feel it. “Can I see your camera?”

The dreaded question has been asked. I turned to look at him and those brown orbs looked straight back at mine and I forgot how to breathe.

“No, Chanyeol.”

“Why not?” He pouted. Damn, when he pouts, it’s actually kind of cute. Wait – what did I just say?

“No.”

“Hmph!” He lunged forward. Now, on any normal occasion, I wouldn’t have minded this childish contact. But now, right after taking pictures of him – I felt my skin ignite and my heart palpitate quicker than ever before.

“Cha-Chanyeol!” I spat, pulling my camera away from his lanky arms. “Get off!”

“No~! Let me see~!” Chanyeol whined. “You took some! I know you did!”

“I didn’t!”

“Did so!”

“Did not!”

“You – did – so!”

“I – did – not!” I gritted my teeth and before I could do anything about it, I lost my grip on my camera and it kissed the pavement.

Chanyeol and I froze. He quickly got off me as I reached for the camera, turning it here and there and checking to see if anything was broken.

“Hyung…?” Chanyeol leaned forward. “I-Is it okay?”

I sighed. “I think so.” But I turned and glared at him. “Chanyeol, I told you to get off, didn’t I? Stop being so childish all the time.” Oh, now I’m venting my frustration out on him.

“But I just wanted to see the pic--”

“There are no pictures.” I said. “I told you, didn’t I?”

“Hyung, I’m sorry, I--”

“Forget it.” I took out a hanky from the camera bag and wiped the lens clean. “You’re never going to grow up, I know.”

Chanyeol blinked, keeping silent. He lowered his head before standing up and leaving the garden, not bothering to look back.

I cleaned my lens – almost to the point that I was going to break it. I sighed frustratingly as I threw the hanky back in the bag and pulled at my hair.

“Great…” I grumbled under my breath. “Now he probably hates me.”

Why did I have to go and say that? What was going on with me? I thought as I placed the camera back in its bag and made my way to my room.

 

When I arrived at the dormitories, I noticed that Chanyeol’s door was locked – normally, the guy forgets to lock his room. I lifted up a hand to kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter