Fifth Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I had brought Chanyeol back to his room, leaving both of our doors slightly open in case he needed anything. I sat back down on my chair, flipped my laptop open and plugged my DSLR camera’s memory card in it – copying the pictures of Chanyeol from the photo shoot earlier into the Untitled folder.

I clicked one where he pouted at me and fought back the urge to make it my cell phone’s wallpaper. Goddammit, control yourself!

Then, there was something tickling my feet – what the hell? – I lifted up an eyebrow, confused. My other foot was quite far from the victimized foot so it’s definitely not self-inflicted. Whatever the case, this thing that’s tickling my foot is quite hairy. Oh god – what is this?!

I whipped my head down between my legs and sighed – part out of relief and part out of ‘what-the-hell-are-you-two-doing-here’. Peanut and Butter blinked their little eyes at me as they scurried out from under my table and rolled around the middle of my room.

I swivelled around, still on my chair and watched them with a confused face. How did they get here? Through the door, duh. But... weren’t they in their cage? Unless...

I slapped my forehead.

Chanyeol.

Peanut and Butter managed to get in one of my socks. “Hey, hey! Get out of there.”

I stood up, picking up the bulging piece of clothing and shook them out. They fell on the floor with a plop – their fats and obesity saving them from any traumatic damage.

I squatted down to get them but they scurried away straight under my bed. “Oh, for the love of--” I crawled and flipped my comforter out of the way, pulling my head down that it touched the floor.

“Peanut and Butter, get out of there right now.” I said, looking from one end of the narrow space to the other. Where the hell did they go now?

Suddenly, two squeaking rodents collided with my face. I pulled away, resulting in them inevitably falling on my lap. I got a hold of Peanut who panicked a bit.

“Calm down!” I said, trying to hold on to him as he was slipping from my grasp, his bulging tummy exposed. I turned around to see Butter looking up. I twisted my waist; reaching out – when the bastard scooted away – I ended up reaching for the floor instead.

“Butter!” I called out, somewhat lying on my stomach on the floor as I watched Butter climb up to a bookshelf with the help of my jacket’s sleeve. The rodent’s one hell of a climber. I got up and made my way to the bookshelf, pushing one book and the other to get Butter out.

Peanut squeaked. Butter squeaked. Are they telling each other to squeak some more?! The squeaking was driving me insane. I finally managed to grab Butter’s... well, .

“Finally!” I heaved a sigh, having caught the two rambunctious rodents. “Now, let’s bring you back to Chanyeol.”

They squeaked.

 

“Chanyeol.” I pushed the door open with my leg and Chanyeol popped his head out from the side of the room. He was on his knees.

“Hyung!”

“What are you doing?” I said.

“Uh... Looking for Pea and ?” He grinned sheepishly.

“You mean,” I lifted up said pets. “These two?”

Chanyeol gasped, reaching out his hands to get them both – I was happy to get them out of my hands anyway. “Hyung! You found them!? How?!”

I shook my head nonchalantly, “They invaded my room. Which leads me to ask – why were they out in the first place?”

Chanyeol held onto the two rodents, who were as fat as balls, tightly. He looked up, “... Because I let them out?”

I mentally slapped my forehead. “Why?”

“I wanted them to get exercise.” He pouted. “You were the one that said they were too fat.”

“Really...” I sighed, closing the door behind me. I helped him up and led him to his bed where he sat down. He then put the two pets down and they settled immediately on the comforter of his bed.

Chanyeol chuckled. “They’re so cute.”

Not as cute as you – just say it, Kris. “Mhmm.” Damn, are my lips sealed or something?

Chanyeol turned his head at me and smiled. “Thanks for earlier, hyung.”

“What?”

“For being there with me.” He looked down at his hands. “I was pretty nervous and well – yeah. If you weren’t there to take the picture...”

I patted him on the head. “Next time, if you want to be a model for some kind of ad – tell me. I’ll take the picture.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “Hyung?”

Oh, did I just say what I thought I said?

“Hyung,” Chanyeol leaned closer. “You – You’re willing to take a picture of me?”

I gulped – he’s getting really close. His brown orbs stared straight at my soul and I felt like he knew I was somewhat secretly taking pictures of him – no, that’s just me, thinking too much.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter