Twenty-second Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hyung…” Chanyeol groaned disapprovingly at me as I smiled happily at what I was looking at.

“Yes, Chanyeol?” I said, turning my head to his direction as he pulled onto my shirt sleeve like a lost puppy.

“This is hardly the place I wanted to go to today.” He mumbled under his breath and I didn’t quite catch it so I had to lean closer to his head.

“What?”

He flinched when he noticed just how close I was and took a step to the side away from me. “N-Never mind.”

I smiled, nonetheless, tightening my hold on his hand and pulling him back. “Then let’s go.”

I heard him grumble something but I was completely out of it. Why? Well, because this was our first date. Yes – right now, I, Wu Yifan am going on a date with Park Chanyeol – and I’m taking him to one of my favourite photography studios in the city.

 

“A date?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he stopped the rim of his bottle of water by his lips. “You and me?”

I smiled, resting my chin on my hand as I leaned on my study table facing him. “Well, who else am I referring to here?”

His mouth dropped open and he placed the bottle on my side table with a stretch of his arm as he jumped up, “Are you serious, hyung?!”

I laughed, “I would never joke about that.” I said, ruffling up my after- hair. I watched him as he bobbed up and down in place, grinning happily. I’m surprised he could still move around after all of those times we did it earlier. I smirked, “You seem to be too energetic.”

“Huh?” He blinked, hands balled up in fists like he wanted to do a cheer dance. “Why?”

“Oh, nothing... I just thought you would be crawling around in pain after all that.”

He blushed and pouted, before sticking out his tongue, which I found cute… and it wasn’t helping that he was wearing one of my hoodies and sweatpants. He crossed his arms and turned around, only to turn back to face me after a few seconds, “Put a shirt on, will you?”

“Huh?” I blinked, looking back down at what I was currently wearing – which was just a pair of sweatpants and a towel hanging around my neck. Both of us had taken (separate) baths afterwards and because of my insistence that Chanyeol sleep in my room tonight, I ended up lending him my clothes.

I shrugged back at him, resuming my earlier position on resting my chin on my hand, “What’s wrong with what I’m wearing now?”

“That’s the point.” Chanyeol growled, “You’re not wearing anything but pants.”

“You don’t like it?”

“No!” Chanyeol spat, turning his head swiftly to the side, facing away from me. “… It’s embarrassing.”

I blinked, slightly chuckling as I stood up, slowly making my way towards him. He was too busy not looking that he didn’t realize me creeping up behind him. I managed to successfully wrap my arms around his waist and he flinched.

“Wah!” Chanyeol gasped, turning his head around only to gasp again to see my head resting comfortably on his shoulder. “H-Hyung!”

“You look good in my clothes, Chanyeol.” I whispered and he blushed.

He whimpered and mumbled something strange first before he turned his head around to face the bed, probably to hide his face from me. “… Why do I have to sleep here tonight?”

I chuckled. There’s a good reason for that, Chanyeol. I needed a distraction from my thoughts on what my dad told me earlier – about moving to China after graduation. I don’t want to think about it. And well, another thing is…

“Why not? We’re lovers, aren’t we? It should be normal to sleep in your partner’s room once in a while.”

Chanyeol bent forward, groaning in defeat. “All right, all right! Stop whispering by my ear, hyung!”

I chuckled again, blowing gently at his ear. “I’m not whispering at all~”

“Ack~!” He whined, wiggling his way around of my embrace but falling back on the bed in the process. When he managed to straighten himself up, he glared back at me and pouted.

“Why don’t you put on a shirt already?! You’re going to catch a cold or something, dressed like that.”

I took the towel around my neck off and threw it somewhere, smiling at him in the process. “Should I? You don’t want to sleep beside me while I’m like this?”

“Ugh,” Chanyeol grumbled, pulling his legs up as he crawled all the way to the other side of the bed, his back hitting the wall. “Put on a damn shirt already, hyung.”

“Feisty,” I said, picking out a shirt from the closet and wore it while I made my way back to the bed. “Move over here, Chanyeol.” I said, pointing to a spot very close to me.

He hesitated, looking to the side for a few seconds, legs pulled up to his chest. “Uh, hyung. Can we really fit here?”

“Sure, we can.” I said, rolling to the side and resting my head on my arm that I folded. “We can fit when we were doing it, we should fit when we’re sleeping.”

He blushed, eventually giving up. He stretched his legs and lay down beside me, his whole body facing up. When his head landed on the pillow and was getting comfortable, I moved my head over to his and pecked a kiss lightly on his forehead.

“Wha?” He blinked.

“Nothing,” I whispered, placing my forehead on his and gazing at his brown orbs. “So, it’s a date tomorrow, right?”

He smiled slowly, nodding his head. “Sure, hyung. It’s a date.”

 

Chanyeol lazily trudged behind me and it was becoming clear that he wasn’t enjoying himself. I turned around to check him as we walked around the studio-slash-museum.

Hmm… I thought he would be interested in trying to get to know my hobby…

“Chanyeol?” I called out and he flinched. When our eyes met, he gasped quickly putting on a flashy grin.

“Yeah, hyung?”

“You’re not enjoying yourself, huh?” I smiled, tilting my head.

He shook his head fervently, “Oh, i-it’s nothing, hyung, really!” He blinked and turned around to stare at a random 1980’s camera. “Wh-Whoa~” He said, though it obviously sounded forced.

I sighed, chuckling and sneakily taking his hand and holding it again. When I squeezed it lightly, he turned his gaze to look at me. “You don’t have to force yourself, Chanyeol. Why didn’t you tell me in the first place?”

“Um…” He lowered his head. “Well, I kind of did… But you didn’t hear me. A-And…”

“Hm?”

“I didn’t want to ruin your mood too, hyung.” He said softly. “Since you know… it’s what you like and all.”

I sighed. Ah, it feels like I’m falling in love all over again. “Right,” I said, dragging him out back onto the streets. “So, I’ve had my fun. Where do you want to go?”

“What?” He blinked, “Are you sure, hyung? Wasn’t that a bit too short for you? And you paid a lot for both of us to enter…”

“It’s fine, Chanyeol.” I smiled back at him and he blushed slightly. “It’s a date. Where do you want to go?”

“Uh… Uh….” He shifted his eyes around, biting his bottom lip. “I don’t know… if…. It’s all right…”

“What is it?”

“What if… you’ll laugh…” He mumbled.

“Just say it, Chanyeol.”

“You won’t laugh?” He looked at me seriously.

“I won’t make any promises.” I smirked and he rolled his eyes before he held back a smile – a real smile this time.

“Well…” He looked around before grinning back at me. Suddenly, he was bobbing up and down on his feet. “I want to go to the zoo! The nearby zoo! Let’s go, hyung!”

“What?” I said, in-between chuckles. “The zoo?”

“Yeah!” He cheered before he froze and took a step back, “Or not… Is that not okay, hyung?”

I sighed, taking his hand again and pulling him along with me. “Of course, it’s okay, Chanyeol. Why are you so worried about what I think? It’s a date. You can be selfish around me.”

He gazed at me with a hint of… is that admiration? I couldn’t tell. He looked down at our hands before smiling, more to himself. “Wow, hyung. I can see why girls like you…”

“Huh?”

“You really know how to make someone feel good in a date, huh?” He chuckled, walking beside me and tilting his head at my direction.

“Ohh…” I looked away in mild innocence, “Well, I also know how to make someone feel good on the bed, right?”

Chanyeol blushed, coughing at my counter-attack. “… D-Don’t say something like that in broad daylight, geez!” He said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter