Fourth Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I had woken up to a very good view of a sleeping giraffe. Bless the lords, look at this guy’s face – oh wait, is he drooling? He’s drooling. I chuckled softly, lifting my head up and letting it rest on my hand as I stared on.

Chanyeol was on his side, facing me, drool on one side of the mouth that was hanging slightly open. I was expecting him to wake up first, since he had been asleep longer than me, but I guess that wasn’t the case. Anyway, I preferred it this way – me looking at his sleeping face than the other way around. I’m not exactly confident on what my sleeping face looks like.

I craned my head up to get a view of my clock on my side table – 8:30 am. What a wonderful Sunday morning to wake up to.

“Mhmm...” He mumbled, opening his eyes slowly. Oh, he’s awake. He gave one yawn before blinking his eyes a couple of times, tilting his head up to meet my gaze. “Muguu...?”

Muguu? What the hell’s muguu? Is he a baby?

I smiled, raising an eyebrow. “Good morning...?”

His eyes looked like they were slowly regaining their focus and then they widened like saucers. “H-HYUNG!” He shot up, his legs stretching up too. “OUCH!” He fell back down on the bed, his injured ankle being the reason.

“Calm down, idiot.” I laughed, patting his head. “You fell asleep on the way back so I carried you to my room.”

“O-Oh,” He said, wiping the drool off the corner of his mouth quickly. “I was wondering why you were in front of me.”

“Obviously, you’re on my bed.” I said, trying to feint the giddiness I was feeling inside. He’s on my bed. He’s on my bed.

He craned his head up and stared at his injured ankle, which he was also lifting up to see. “Darn, it looks really bad.”

I sat up, pushing his leg back down gently. “It is, so don’t move it so much. This is what you get for being a kid trapped in that lanky body.”

“Hmph.” He pouted. “Hyung, it’s too early in the morning for scolding me.”

“It’s never too early for scolding you.” I said, manoeuvring myself to get off the bed without hurting him.

“Hyung,” He called and I turned my head. “That’s a nice shirt.”

I tried to stop a blush from crawling in. Oh, well, of course it is. I wore it especially for you to notice it in the morning. I slapped my brain. Stop thinking. “Thanks.”

He grinned that signature grin before getting comfortable again.

“Hey, hey, hey. Don’t fall back asleep.”

“Why? It’s Sunday.” He whined.

“We need to bring you to the clinic.” I said. “And back to your room.”

“Aww,” Chanyeol rolled so he was now lying on his stomach, hugging my pillow. I will have good dreams with that pillow from now on. Did I just say that? “But I want to stay with hyung~”

“I am not taking care of an injured Chanyeol.” I reached out for my camera – vaguely remembering that I had taken shots of a sleeping Chanyeol with it last night. Best to hide this before his long, lanky arms get a hold of it. “Besides, your gerbils are alone right now. They’ll starve to death.”

“They won’t.” He smiled. “This is why I leave their bowls overflowing.”

I raised a mocking eyebrow, “You were expecting to sprain your ankle?”

“Uh, no.” He stuck out his tongue. I shook my head, laughing.

“Whatever,” I said. “Just get ready to move again. I’m bringing you to the clinic after we eat breakfast.”

“I can’t walk.” He said.

“Crawl, then.” An image of a crawling Chanyeol... what an interesting shot that would be.

“HYUNG~!” He cried, burying his head into my pillow. His next cries muffled by the cushion, “Mmmphhmpphhmmm!!”

“I don’t speak giraffe.” I said, placing the camera back in its bag and secretly hiding it in one of my cabinets while his head was still buried in the pillow. Good.

He pulled his head away, “Why are you so mean? I’m an injured person! You don’t let injured people crawl, you angry bird.”

That nickname! I glared at him with my ‘-face’. “Don’t call me that!”

“Only if you carry me on your back again.”

“What the--”

His smile was brighter than the light that was seeping through my windows. I couldn’t disagree. I gave out a strained sigh before agreeing to his proposition.

He cheered, “Yessss!”

“Ah, shut it.” I said, going to my closet to change to a sweatshirt. Normally, on Sunday mornings, I take some time off to go for a jog so it’s become quite a habit of mine to wear a sweatshirt every Sunday morning.

“Hyung,” He said while I was putting the sweatshirt on. “I don’t have any change of clothes.”

“Oh,” I said. “Right. Wait here – and don’t touch anything, or else – I’ll go and get you some clothes. Give me your key.”

He nodded, reaching for his key in his back pants pocket and handing it to me. He lied back down on my bed, pillow between his arms as I left my room for his. I unlocked his door and his pet gerbils squeaked at seeing me.

“Good morning,” I said. “I’m here to raid your owner’s closet.”

They squeaked some more, moving their tiny heads to the other direction – pointing to the closet. What very intelligent rodents. I smiled back at them, adding a couple of gerbil food into their bowls as a reward. They jumped happily.

I slid his closet door open and sighed. His closet was a disaster. I looked around the jungle of shirts, pants, jackets and shorts and took out some clothes comfortable for him. I settled for a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants I remembered he liked wearing.

“What else...” I looked around the closet. Oh right... underwear. I blushed. Well, this is awkward. I thought, sliding a drawer open and lo and behold – there were his boxers.

Calm yourself, Kris. I chanted, picking up the first pair of boxer briefs I saw, immediately shutting the drawer closed afterwards.

I left the room, locking it again and returned to mine. “Here you go.” I threw the clothes at him.

“Thanks, hyung!” He said.

“Your closet’s a mess.” I grumbled under my breath. He only laughed sheepishly in response.

 

After carrying him all the way down to the cafeteria then to the clinic where he received proper treatment, with the addition of some people staring at us, I brought him outside near the field where I would normally have my morning jog.

“You’re still planning on going for your morning jog?” He said.

“Of course.” I said, tyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter