Sixteenth Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finally. The long awaited University Festival has arrived – balloons and flaglets of every color garnished the school front and stalls of every kind fashioned themselves on the front lot. Students huddled and gathered and mingled with one another – enjoying the free-of-classes-benefit this week offered. One of those students was none other than Chanyeol himself.

“Hyung~!” He bobbed up and down on his feet as he stood by my door, ready to leave. “Hurry up~! I wanna go and check out the Music Club’s featured instrument collection! I heard they have a real Didgeridoo!”

I ruffled my hair, trying to figure out where my sock was as I hurriedly put on my shoes. “Chanyeol, just relax will you? And do you even know what that is?”

“It’s your fault for staying up so late updating – that.” He said, pointing to my laptop that flashed the folder of his pictures proudly. “And of course I know what it is! It’s that long pipe thing Africans made!”

“Australians.” I corrected him, smirking. “Indigenous Australians to be exact.”

He pouted, crossing his arms defensively. “Whatever, they still both start with A.”

I chuckled, finally done tying my shoes and standing up to turn off my laptop. “Just give me a second, I’ll get my camera and--”

“NO!” Chanyeol shrieked, “No camera for today!”

“What?” I frowned. “Why not? Its days like this when a camera is essential.”

“Not your kind of camera.” Chanyeol hissed. “And besides, its days like this when you’re supposed to focus on me! Not taking pictures!” Chanyeol pouted out his bottom lip – totally unaware of what a beautiful confession he just said – well – at least, after ten seconds, he finally did. He blinked and covered his mouth, blushing.

“You, huh?” I teased, putting the camera back down. “Well, I guess I could sacrifice it for today.”

Chanyeol’s eyes glowed and his grin shot up. “Really?!”

“Don’t get your hopes high, giraffe.” I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he grimaced. “I still have my cell phone with me.”

“Ugh,” He rolled his eyes before retreating back to the door to exit. I chuckled at him, thinking to myself how wonderful this day was going to be.

 

Or not. (Ugh, I hate it when this happens!)

 

Chanyeol and I had been going around the stalls around the campus when a group of girls had decided to investigate on… can you guess? Well, okay, I’ll tell you – me.

“Hyung, check this out!” Chanyeol said, pulling my arm and dragging me to one stall. He bent down to pick up a weird looking hat shaped like a mushroom while I tried to hold back a laugh.

“What the – h-hell – Chanyeol?” I chuckled.

He pouted, fixing the hat. “It’s cute, isn’t it? I think it looks good on me! What do you think?”

“I--”

It was then when the hoard of girls attacked. I didn’t realize it – it was just one blink and boom! They were there by my side, surrounding me.

“Hi, oppa!” One shrilly voice screamed at my ear. I winced slightly.

“Hey,” I replied nonchalantly, trying to push myself away from them – but I couldn’t – well, they’re girls. What could I do?

“Are you busy right now? How about we go over there? There’s a really good ice cream stall!” The shrilly girl’s friend shrieked from my other side.

Who are these girls? Where did they come from? I glared at them slightly, noticing that they probably didn’t go to this University.

. I thought to myself. Whenever there’s University Festival Week, the school becomes open to all students from the different areas. These girls must be from one of those areas. I sighed, cringing as another one screamed at my ear again.

“Hyung…” Chanyeol mumbled from his place earning my attention. I smiled at him – silently telling him that I’ll get this one sorted out (and get rid of these annoying little--)

Chanyeol smiled back at me. Ugh! Chanyeol!

His little return gave me strength but as I turned around to face the girls again, I blinked as they bobbed up and down on their pretty little shoes – the bobbing was making me sick, unless if it was Chanyeol doing it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chanyeol, still wearing that ridiculous mushroom hat and staring at the scene.

Oh, I gotta get out of here.

“Sorry, girls. I’m pretty busy right now, so--”

They groaned and batted their eyes at me. What the.

“Aww~” The shrilly girl pouted. “Why not? You don’t seem to be with anyone right now?”

“Actually, I--” My eyes moved back at Chanyeol – and the girl grabbed my arm and pulled me close to her.

“Let’s hang out, oppa!” She said, and her friends cheered, wanting a piece of the action too – pushing each other to grab my other arm.

“W-Wait a second!” I said, trying to get out of their grasp, but they were like cats fighting for a piece of the rat (ugh, as much as I hate to admit it – I felt like a rat). “I really am with som--”

But I turned my head and Chanyeol was gone. The mushroom hat was left behind.

Chanyeol? Wh-Where did he go? Oh crap.

I was dragged all the way to the other side of the campus where there were food stalls everywhere. The girls shrieked at my ear as they pulled me to the ice cream stall. Wait a second, I am not buying ice cream for all of these annoying little prats.

I turned my head back to the other side – Where did Chanyeol go? Was he mad? But I didn’t do anything wrong!

“Oppa,” The lead girl pulled my arm again and smiled at me. “What flavour of ice cream would you like?”

“Ah – no…” I said, my eyes drifting back to look for a golden brown haired boy. “I’m really sorry but I have someone--”

“But he’s not here right now, right?” The girl’s friend jumped up to stand beside me.

“What?” So these es did see him! Yet they pretended—

“He left you didn’t he?” The friend pouted out her lips. “That’s too bad, we were going to ask him too… but then, oh well!”

He left me? Well of course he did, Kris, he wasn’t there when you turned around. Where did he go? What if some other senior harassed him?!

“I have no business here.” I said sternly and they (for once) shut up. “Now if you’ll excuse me.”

“Ah, b-but...” The leader’s eyes fake cried, pouting out her bottom lip at me and grabbing my hand. “Oppa~!”

“Shut up,” I glared at their leader who froze with her fake tears drying up instantly. “Don’t you even try calling me that.”

And I pulled my arm back and returned to the hat stall – the ridiculous mushroom hat still there. The stall owner must’ve noticed and remembered me since he waved his hand at me.

“Looking for your friend?” He said. I nodded. He thumbed out to the other side – by the back garden. “He went over there, the las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter