Third Click

「Untitled」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Later that Saturday evening, Chanyeol and I decided to step out of the university to have dinner outside and I convinced myself that it wasn’t a date. It wasn’t a date.

With my camera bag on my shoulder, I had to drag an overly happy giraffe before our favourite fast food restaurant closes.

“Chanyeol, hurry up.” I grumbled.

“But – wait – there’s something new in that store over there!” Chanyeol’s eyes widened, eyeing the shoe store across the street.

“I’m not going to waste around my precious dinner time having to watch over you trying out shoes,” I said, pulling him even more. “Besides, you won’t buy any of them anyway.”

“We won’t know until we try?” He looked up at me with puppy-like eyes and I faked a laugh.

“Try harder next time.” I said, pulling him so that he was inevitably walking beside me.

We arrived at the fast food restaurant and picked our usual spot by the window. I dropped the bag on the chair beside mine and looked at Chanyeol, who was already making himself comfortable.

“The usual?” I asked.

“Mhm~” He nodded, smiling up at me.

Wait. Doesn’t this look like a real date? The guy asking the girl what she would like to order? Or am I just over thinking things because of my hormones?

I reached for my wallet when I saw Chanyeol holding up a bill. “Hm?” I raised a confused eyebrow at him.

“It’s for a sundae, my treat, hyung.” He grinned. “And, um, for, um, causing you to drop your camera earlier too.”

The fact that he was stuttering and thinking of earlier made my heart race. Seriously, this guy...

“Chanyeol, it’s fine.” I said, feeling a bit embarrassed of this kind gesture.

He pushed the bill into my hand and with a blushing expression too. “It’s fine, hyung! Just go and buy our food already!” He said, pushing me.

I turned my heard around, “Cha--”

“Don’t forget the sundae!” He smiled as he retreated back to his seat before I could do anything about it.

I sighed, mentally noting how cute Chanyeol is... for the nth time, before heading to the counter to place our orders. Chanyeol’s usual order consisted of a deluxe cheeseburger – with extra lettuce, fries and a salad – with extra lettuce. The fact that he needs extra lettuce is probably proof that he’s a giraffe. I ordered my usual; a taco with extra cheese, potato chips and a salad. Of course, I didn’t forget the sundae.

I brought our order back to our table where Chanyeol was busy fiddling with – wait – is that – my camera?!

“Chanyeol!” I said, placing the order down. He flinched and gawked at me.

“Hyung?!” He replied, looking at me then back at the camera then back at me. “Um, this is...”

“What do you think you’re doing?” I sat across him, extending my hand out. “Give it back.”

“Um...” He looked at me with a frown, “C-Can’t I take a peek at your pictures?”

“No, you can’t, Chanyeol.” I said, grabbing the camera from his hand. Thank goodness, I saved his pictures in my laptop. If he managed to turn this on and find them...

“Aww...” He pouted, before attacking his burger and fries. “Oh yeah! Hyung didn’t forget the extra lettuce!”

“Of course I didn’t forget.”

“Hyung never forgets what I prefer,” Chanyeol grinned, opening the wrapper of the burger. “That’s what I like about hyung!”

My brain froze and I nearly dropped my taco. Don’t think too much about what he said. There’s no hidden meaning about it. It’s not like he just said he likes you. He just likes it that you remember his lettuce . Well, obviously, I’m thinking too much.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol leaned forward, mouth full of lettuce. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I said, picking up a table napkin and smudging his face with it. “Don’t talk with your mouth full, Chanyeol; and watch it with all that lettuce.”

“Mmpphh...” Chanyeol squinted his eyes, pulling away from my attempt at cleaning his mouth. “I got it!” He swallowed, his lips clean – my eyes following his tongue.

Whoa. Did I just do that? I hope he didn’t see it.

 

After dinner, we decided to take a breather at the park nearby. I decided to get a can of warm tea from the vending machine while Chanyeol ran up to the playground. What a kid.

As I made my way back to the lanky junior, I blinked up as I saw him reach the top of the slides, looking up at the night sky – his breath coming out in puffs. He was that tired from climbing up the thing?

I mentally chuckled placing the can and my camera bag down on the bench, sneakily taking out my camera and taking a shot.

Click.

As long as he doesn’t look, I can take as much as I want... right?

I zoomed in the lens, focusing on his face. He seemed to be so engrossed at the sky, like he was counting the stars.

Click. Click.

Then, from the view of my eyepiece – I saw him turn around and I instantly pulled the camera away from me. Oh crap, did he notice?

“Hyung?” He called out.

I stood frozen, waiting for him to continue talking.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were taking a shot of the sky?” He said, getting up from where he was sitting. “Am I blocking your v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter