the arrival

I fall inlove with my brother? A-W-K-W-A-R-D.

The next morning, mum decided to make her heavenly home-made cake again for the first time since a year ago. I helped her in the kitchen, pouring in a carton of mellow milk into the mixer and finally we reached the final step, I cautiously placed in the almost ready cake into the oven. It smells so appetizing and looks so appealing inside the oven that my saliva almost drop out. Indeed, the sweet and tasty aroma smell can wake people up from their bed.

            That was proven when Dongwoon rushed to the kitchen with his messy hair and new face up. “Wow. What are you both making?” he looked down into the baking cake in the oven. “I’m surely gonna eat that all up.”

            “Oh please,” mum giggled, washing her hand at the sink.

            “It’s mum secret recipe cake. You’ll surely gonna the plate up too.” I said. And everyone laughed.

            It feels awkward to talk to him since yesterday evening incident. We tried not to look gawky especially when mum is around. If she knows what had happened, she must be flaring up that she can look like the hulk. Gosh I don’t even want to imagine that.

            “Help your sister cleaning up here. I need to take a bath first.” Mum ordered him as she made her way to the bathroom.

            “What? Bu-but, mum.” Dongwoon argued.

            Mum paused and turned, “Don’t be so rebelling, honey. Do what I said.” She pointed her finger, and went in the bathroom.

            Oh no. What should I do? We’re alone right now. Erg. Mum, take your bath quickly. Don’t leave me alone with him here. This is so not happening >.<

            I continued with my cleaning, not dare to look back. Soon, I heard him let out a sigh, and there’s silence for a second. Perhaps he was thinking, hesitating to help me or not. Then his foot step came closer at my back. “Let me wash that.” He offered, pushed me slightly to the side.

            “Oh-err-okay.” I mumbled. Maybe I should dry the cloth outside. I decided, and pulled out the laundry and went out to the front yard.

            Suddenly, familiar voices go off from the gate. “Is this his house?” a man voice asked. “Yes I’m sure this is. We came here before, remember?” another voice responded

            Who is that? I wondered, putting down the laundry and went to the gate and swung it opened. There stood five familiar boys, “Oh—Annyeong. You guys came?” I greeted them. They were Dongwoon’s friend back in Seoul. “Please. Come in.”