The Feeling

My Husband Is 'Crispy'

Amber kept giggling as she remembered about her first date with Kris. She thought that Kris was cute and kind, he wasn’t like what people said about him. He wasn’t cold boy or mysterious, he was sweet.

Out of nowhere, she remembered about the photo album. She opened her drawer and took the album out of it. She started to open it by page 1 until page 5, she was amused by the cuteness of herself, she didn’t know when her parents took these pictures of her.

She noticed that there was always this young boy beside her but she still didn’t recognize him. She couldn’t remember him until the last page of the album, she found a piece of paper. It looked like a kid’s handwriting, ‘Amber loves crispy’

“Crispy? Is it my handwriting?” She chuckled. She didn’t remember about crispy thingy until she realized that she called Kris by crispy today at the mall. “Crispy is Kris?” She laughed at herself, she never thought that she was so lame before.

She got out of her bedroom as he still held the photo album. She directed to Kris’ bedroom and knocked on his door. “Kris. Are you still awake?”

He opened his bedroom door when he was hearing Amber’s voice from the outside. “What’s up?”

“I wanna ask you something.” She said as she showed him the photo album. “Haven’t you seen this before?”

“Umm, no. C’mon, get inside.” He gestured her to get inside his bedroom. They both sat on the edge of his bed. Kris saw the pictures, he just noticed that all the picture was about Amber, Amber and Amber.

“Do you recognize this boy?” Amber asked him as she pointed to the picture. Kris was thinking about it very hard then, his eyes took a sight of his baby picture on the desk.

“It’s me.” He looked at her then, he took his baby picture and equated it with the picture of the photo album.

“Look at this.” Amber showed him the handwriting that she just found then, Kris read it very loudly.

“AMBER LOVES CRISPY.” He shouted out loud then, he continued it by laughing. His head got closer to her. “So, EHEM. Amber loves Kris.” He grinned widely. “Gosh! You’re so lame.”

“It’s not the point, Kris. We only know that our parents arranged our marriage because they are best friends.” Amber said

“Ooookkkaaayyy…. So?” He still didn’t get the point of it

“It means we’ve known each other before but we separated. I was still in America but your parents brought you to Canada and they seemed to want to unite us again.” She was in serious mode talking to him

“Yeah, but Amber, for me the most important is…” Kris held his laughter. “You love me since forever.” Then, he laughed out loud, it made Amber piss off. She smacked his arms roughly to stop his laugh

“It’s just kids thingy. I don’t love you!” She got up as she held the album, she wanted to get out of Kris’ bedroom, she walked towards the door

“We will fall for each other eventually. We’re married couple.” Amber could hear Kris’ voice from behind, she turned around and saw him. She smiled. “Good night, Kris.”

He smiled back. “Good night, Am.”

~~~~~~*~~~*~~~~~~

‘We will fall for each other eventually. We’re married couple.’  Kris’ words kept replaying in her mind, she couldn’t forget about it and little by little, she agreed with it.

“Amber! What’s wrong with you?” Krystal waved her hands in front of Amber’s face. She looked at Amber’s eyes and she noticed something. “Ah, Choi Minho? Am I right?”

“Huh?” Amber snapped back to the reality

“We all know that Choi Minho is handsome too just like Kris in this school.” Krystal was mesmerized by the flaming charisma

“No, Kris is the best, he’s number one and the most wanted guy. Amber, what do you think about them?” Hyuna asked her in full of curiosity

Amber just shrugged. “I don’t know.” She enjoyed the practiced match with Choi Minho in it. She sat with her girls in the front row, suddenly, the ball was hiding to her position. Lucky for her, she has great agility, she could catch the ball easily with her hands.

Choi Minho was running towards her to bring back the ball. “Oh, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?”

“No, it’s okay. I’m alright.” She got up and handed over the ball.

“What’s your name? Is it gorgeous?” Minho asked her name and Amber started thinking about what Kris told her before that Choi Minho was a player

“I’m Amber.” She answered him. “What’s yours?”

“Minho. Nice to meet you, Amber.” He was about to start to play again but he decided to talk to her a little bit. “What about walking around with me after school?”

“No, I’m sorry, I can’t. I have a plan.” She refused him

“Every girl never rejected me but you.” He was a bit disappointed. “Maybe next time?”

She nodded as smiled. “Next time.”

“Okay, next time… Bye.” He winked at her before he turned to the field to play again.

Krystal and Suzy got up from the bleachers and poked Amber’s shoulders. “First day of your school, Kris ran with you to the rooftop. Second day of your school, Minho asked you for a date but you refused him.” Krystal said

“So, Kris or Minho?” Suzy asked her frontally

Amber just saw her friends with narrow eyes and shook her head. “No. I gotta go, see you later, guys.” She left her friends and walked away. She just walked around the school without knowing her destination, she found a big tree and there was a boy lying under it.

She approached him and she realized that he was Kris. He was sleeping under the tree and he used his thick book under his head. She removed the book slowly under his head and she placed his head on her thighs for better position.

She leaned on the tree and explored his face. She touched his forehead, eyes, nose, lips and chin with her index finger, then, she saw Kris’ hand moving, he held her hand in his sleep very tightly.

“Kris.” She called his name and he stirred. “Wake up, school will start soon.” She whispered him and he was still holding her hand tightly. “Kris, wake up.”

He opened his eyes and he still felt sleepy. “Oh, Amber…”

“Can you let go of my hand?” She asked him. He was still confused, he didn’t realize what happened until he saw that he held her hand very tightly

“I… I’m sorry..” He felt awkward situation, he got up from Amber’s thighs. ‘It feels warm in her hand.’ He thought.

“Why don’t you play basketball? You’re an expert, right?” She asked him

“I’m lazy and sleepy right now.” He leaned his head on Amber’s shoulder childishly, she giggled seeing him. “You know you’re heavy.”

“Ssshhh…. Shut up, this is my revenge for yesterday at the movies.” Kris shushed her and she remembered about what happened last day, she apologized about it.

“Kris, umm, I met Minho just now and he asked me for a date.” She bit her bottom lip

Kris’ eyes widened and he got up immediately. “What?? I… I mean… What did you respond him?”

“I rejected him, I said that I had a plan.” She paused then, she continued again. “You said that you would cook for me at the house after school, so, I refused his offer.”

“So, if I didn’t promise you to cook, you would go on date with him?”

“Hmmm…” She thought about it first, “You said he was a playboy. Maybe no.”

He heaved a sigh. “Listen to me, he’s a heartbreaker.” He paused. “I’m a good guy.”

She smiled as she shook her head, she messed up his hair then, got up. “Let’s go. School starts again.”  

“Hey, Amber! Wait up!” He got up then, chased after her. “I’m serious. Trust me.” He just followed her from behind and heard her laugh then, he smiled.