The Promise

My Husband Is 'Crispy'

The chimes were ringing, everyone stood up welcoming the bride who walked through the aisle beautifully. The choir sang the Wedding March heavenly gorgeous for the pretty bride who was nervous walking beside her dad for reaching out her future husband’s hand.

He guided her to the altar and bid their vow to each other after the Priest. They looked at each other’s face, the girl was hesitated and so was the boy, this was all because of their young age for the marriage plus, they didn’t know each other very well.

The wedding ceremony was ended up by throwing the bundle of roses to the guest and the newly wed got into the car for their new place to live.

~~~~

“Please, introduce yourself.” The professor had the new transferred student introduce her name to everyone in the class.

“I’m Amber Josephine Liu from California. Just call me Amber. Nice to meet you all.” She bowed 90 degrees and pronounced Korean language by American accent

“Please, have a seat beside Kris.” She pointed her index finger to Kris and Amber walked through the aisle directing to him. She heaved a sigh and greeted him.

“Hi.” She tried to smile and put down her bag on the table as she started to sit

He whispered to her ear. “Are you following me?”

She looked at him by narrowing her eyes. “Look, mom and dad had me go to Korea and enroll to this school. I don’t have any idea if I have to be in same class with you.” She paused in a bit and she whispered to him. “And I will be in same house with you too.”

“What the--, oh, whatever. As long as you don’t bother me.” He said cynically. He didn’t care about his own wife, especially his arranged marriage

She didn’t give a response for him, she just paid attention on the teacher. The reason why she transferred to Korea because her parents wanted her to be closed to her husband after the arranged marriage which was held in California about two weeks ago. She didn’t have any charge for refusing them so, she just agreed by their decision.

The first day of school was begun. After the class was dismissed, many girls were hitting on her in the canteen because of her appearance. She was such a tomboy girl and it was a unique style for being in Korea.

“I’m Krystal, I’m Luna, I’m Hyuna, I’m Suzy….” Many girls introduced themselves to Amber on the first day and she just introduced herself again to them

“I heard you were sitting beside Kris at the class. Is that true?” Luna asked and Amber just nodded. “You know what? He’s the most wanted guy in this school because he’s tall, y…” Luna explained

“Handsome, gorgeous, rich….” Krystal added about Kris

“Smart, talented, he’s captain of our basketball team…” Suzy joined admiring about Kris

“And he’s mysterious… He never got a girlfriend before.” Hyuna’s eyes widened. “He’s from Canada just like you, Am.”

“No, I’m sorry, I’m from LA.” Amber chuckled after hearing Hyuna

“Oh, whatever, it’s around America…” Hyuna rolled her eyes and it made the other girls laugh out loud because of her silliness

On the other hand, from the distance, Kris and his boys were grabbing their lunch together. “Hey, look at that new girl. She’s quite attractive, right?” Tao were eyeing Amber who was sitting with her new friends

“Yeah, I think so. What do you think, Kris?” Luhan asked his tall friend who was being selfishly charming eating his own meal like a prince

“Well, your type. She’s not my type.” He said, even he didn’t take any glance to her at all.

“Tsk! None of them is your type. You don’t like girl? You like dude? You’re gay?” Frontally, Lay asked his friend and Kris rolled his eyes as he said, “You’re just kids, you know nothing.”

Suddenly, Kris’ cell phone rang, when he was seeing the display name popped out, his eyes got widened. “Mom?”

“My mom’s calling, excuse me, guys.” He got up and got out of the canteen very fast as his friends just smirked.

“Who is the real childish kid actually? Mom’s calling? Oh, Kris..” Luhan shook his head while the others just chuckled

“Mom, ssup?” Kris sounded lazy responding his mom on the phone

“Amber’s enrolling to your school, is she doing fine right now?” His mom was worried about her young daughter in law

Kris took a peek into the canteen through the window and found Amber was chatting with her new girls. “Yeah… She’s fine, mom.”

“Good. Actually, I just want to tell you that we want you to watch over her, okay? Take care of her because you’re her husband. Promise me?”

“Umm…” Kris thought about it, he didn’t want to involve himself to Amber’s life even though he was her husband. He was still thinking that he was too young to marry. He let out a sigh before answering his mom. “Okay, I promise.”

“Take care of yourself too, ‘kay?” His mom said again and he just nodded. “Thank you, crispy. Be gentleman, bye~”

“Bye, mom.” He rolled his eyes again before turning off the phone. He entered the canteen again and approached Amber’s table.

“Excuse me, ladies.” He gave the girls a sweet smile. Hyuna, Krystal, Luna and Suzy were shocked together as they saw Kris standing in front of their table.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” Kris’ eyes pointed to Amber then, the other girls looked at Amber too. “WOW!! Amber??” They shouted together crazily and it made everyone notice them and get shocked too

Everyone in the canteen looked at that scene and Kris felt this was the most awkward moment that he ever had. “Just for a moment, I promise.” Kris said again and everyone was shocked again because this was the first time ever Kris begged to one girl to talk to him.

“Umm…” Amber hesitated and felt awkward too because everyone seemed anticipated about what she would answer. “Okay..” She stood up and everyone squealed. They both got out of the canteen and all the students, especially girls followed the from behind.

Kris just wanted to have private moment and place to talk to Amber because this was all about their relationship as husband and wife, he didn’t want everyone to hear what he would say. So, he held Amber’s hand and ran away from them very fast. He directed to the rooftop and locked the door.

“Wow.” Amber was surprised about people in the school who chased after them. “Why are the people? You’re famous in this school?”

“Well, as you can see. I’m handsome, y, smart, tall, basketball captain. I’m perfect.” Kris praised himself with serious face

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can’t see it.” Amber crossed her arms in front of her chest. “What do want to talk to me?”

“Well, mom called me before from Canada and she said that I had to take care of you. I’ve promised her so, I hope you became cooperative partner.” Kris said what his mom told him before

Amber chuckled after hearing what he just said. She nodded, “Kris.” She called his name. “You want to take care of me? Are you sure? Every girl will envy me.” She joked

“I’m not sure actually but I just don’t want to break the promise that I’ve made and I don’t want my parents and your parents to kill me if they know that I don’t watch over you.”

She laughed out loud in front of him. “Hey, don’t laugh.” He said then, he his hand in front of her waiting for shaking hands

She smirked seeing his hand then, she forward her hand too. “I hope we can be good partner.” Kris said

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~

What do you think? i'll update very often