Is this the end?

My Husband Is 'Crispy'

Kris kept trying to figure out how he could get Amber’s heart back to him, Amber said he didn’t need to be a rush because Amber had decided to go with Kris back to Canada. But, Kris couldn’t help it no more, he wanted her to love him just like years ago. He knew he was selfish about it but once they reached Canada, he was sure he would be so busy with his schedule and only had a little time with Amber.

“Amber, can you go back earlier tonight? There’s something that I need to tell you. Please…”

He decided to give her a voicemail because she deactivated her phone from morning. He felt like a desperate husband whose wife couldn’t remember every single thing about their love. It always made him a little mad every time Amber talked about Chanyeol in front of him during having dinner, he knew Chanyeol was her best friend but she seemed more comfortable with that man instead of being with Kris. He couldn’t blame Amber about this because it was totally his fault for being bad husband after all this time.

 

 

“So, I’ll have this fashion project at the end of this month. Hope you could be cooperative partner.” Chanyeol explained about his grand project to Amber when they had dinner together at the usual restaurant.

She bit her bottom lip and put down her spoon and fork. “Umm… I have something to tell you.”

She doesn’t look good in his eyes, he had been preparing his heart for this situation because he knew the time would come. “What is it?”

“I’m gonna retire.” She couldn’t look at Chanyeol’s eyes but she knew his expression became pissed. “It’s because I’ll go to Canada with Kris.”

“So, it’s all because of Kris?” His voice became sarcastic when it came to her husband. “You’ll leave all your life here? You’ve been building your career here and you’re gonna leave it just like this? Are you nuts?!” He raised his voice all of sudden, making Amber take a glance at him.

She held his hand, giving him an intense stare. She knew he didn’t want her to go, it wasn’t because of her career as a model but it was because he loved her and if she left, probably he couldn’t see her anymore. “I… I-I love him.” She stammered, he shook his head after hearing her words. He couldn’t believe it was fast for her to fall for Kris because she didn’t remember even a piece of her husband after the accident.

“You will leave me here..” He glared at her, but she gave him a soft stare. She just didn’t wanna start a fight with her best friend.

“Chanyeol… I’m married.” She reminded him about her status so that he stopped putting a hope on her. “Kris is my husband. Please, you should understand.”

Instead of listening to Amber, he just shoved her hand off and left her alone. She didn’t try to call his name, but just let him go just like that. Leaning her back on the chair, she buried her face with palms, thinking if she did the right thing.

 

She didn’t see Chanyeol’s car at the parking lot, signaling he really went out leaving her. Didn’t know what to do, she just walked down the street. She didn’t feel like to go home right now, it was just about the mood of hers. Her steps brought her into a place, a place which was quite familiar but she didn’t remember about it, she just felt it.

She saw a basket near the bleachers, seeing a ball right there. She took it from the basket and saw it in her hands, there was a flashback in her head. It was raining, there was a boy who played basketball. She didn’t try to avoid the mind, it just let her know who the boy was. Kris just played the basketball on the raining day, but she didn’t know why she could feel his sadness while playing it. Then, she d her bag, searching for her phone that she deactivated. She turned it on and realized there was a voicemail from Kris.

She called her husband who was in the house waiting for her coming.

“Hey, can you meet me now? I don’t feel like going home yet today.”

She could hear his long sigh as he answered her phone call. “Okay.”

She hung up the phone and waited for Kris as she tried to play basketball…

 

After 30 minutes, Kris’ car appeared in front of the park. His eyes caught her figure from distance, then, approached her by running. “Amber!”

Once he called her name, she turned around to see him. “Kris.”

“Why are you playing instead of going home?” He asked her in worry because it was almost midnight, but she threw the basketball to him.

“Y’know I just… uh…” She threw away her sight from him and looked around the place. “I just broke up with Chanyeol.” Then, her eyes stared at his, she could see his eyes grew wide after she said that to him

“B-broke up??? It means…. y-y-you and him… used to…” When he was stuttering, she gave him a smile, then, he knew she just joked around him. She took back the ball from his grip and made lay up to make score. He shouted from behind her. “You’re ting me, right??”

“Well, not really. Actually, I will leave my job here.” She looked at him so that she could see his reaction. “And just go with you to Canada.”

“You’ll leave your job because of me?” He pointed out himself with his index finger, she just nodded and passed the ball to him. “Well, then, just be my y secretary.”

She laughed a bit after hearing his offer. She shook her head, thinking how silly he was. “No, being your wife is enough for me.”

Her words made him smile widely, he wanted to bring her into his hug but he was scared if she didn’t want to do it. So, he just held back his craving.

“Hey, I wanna ask you about this place. It seems familiar for me.”

“Oh.. This is the place where you said that you wouldn’t leave me because you loved me.” Kris explained to her but she just gave him questioning look. Instead of explaining further, he did three point shot and made her in awe.

“I just knew my parents were dead and just let out my anger here. Then, you came here after looking for me everywhere. I was mad at everything back then, but you were really patient facing me who was being childish. I didn’t realize that you were my family too until you kissed me.” He looked down at her

“Wow.” Her reaction was just flat about it, “So, I really loved you back then.”

Then, they were caught in silence, they approached the bleachers and sat on it. Both didn’t know what to say towards each other but Amber remembered about his voicemail before on the phone.

“By the way, what you wanna tell me?”

“Oh, it’s just… I love you.”

After hearing that, Amber just rolled her eyes. “I know! You told me before when you slept, even in 4 different languages. Try harder, Kris. Gosh!”

“It was only for making you go home earlier before. So, I told you that there was something I needed to tell.” Kris just realized his lameness but it actually made Amber think that this man really fell head over heels for her.

He looked away from her, but she kissed his cheek very fast. He was a bit surprised about it because of her sudden action. She held his both hands and saw him in the eye. “I think I didn’t make wrong decision. I leave Chanyeol and everything for you, to start it over only with you. You’re my husband, I think I’m so lucky having you.”

His mouth hung opened slightly, his hands made a move to cup her face gently. “I should tell you something because you should know about this, you’re the kindest wife ever.” Then, his hands brought her body into his deep embrace. He put a kiss on the top of her head, “I really need you by my side. So, just spend the rest of your life with me.”

“Okay.” She whispered him with her husky voice.

~~~~()~~~~~()~~~~

“Hey, uh… Remember me?” Kris came to Chanyeol’s office all of sudden. “Amber’s husband.”

Chanyeol who was checking his designs directed his gaze to the taller man behind him. “Oh, good morning. You’re the husband who made your wife suffer for six years, right?” He greeted Kris sarcastically

“Well, call me whatever. I don’t wanna fight with you here because you’ll call your bodyguard and I’ll be dragged out of this place. I just wanna tell you, we will go to Canada the day after tomorrow.” Kris informed the shorter man who was his wife’s best friend. “Amber’s feeling sad because she’s gonna leave you. So, I hope you would go to the airport and have the last moment with her, because we won’t go back here.”

Chanyeol couldn’t hide his feeling of bitter and sadness, he released his anger by tightening his grip onto the suit that he just made and Kris could notice it clearly. “Oh, sure.”

“Dude, we’re cool, right?” Kris asked him again to make sure there was no problem between them anymore.

“Only if you don’t let her down anymore.”

“Alright, I promise you.” He nodded, then, his hand d his pocket to give Chanyeol something. “This is our address in Vancouver, you can come sometimes to check her.”

 

~~~()~~~~()~~~

“Gosh! I can’t believe it, you’ll go again this fast.” Tao and Luhan hit Kris’ arms at the airport

“I go with my wife right now.” Kris wrapped Amber’s shoulders beside him and they both looked at each other’s face with smiley face

“Let us know when you guys reach Canada.” Luna caressed Amber’s arm softly and the taller woman nodded

“I’ll go tomorrow to meet you up there.” Luhan was kidding as he showed the address in front of them both

“Give me the reason to know you’ll be happy everyday with him.” Chanyeol talked to Amber while Kris shook his head and rolled his eyes

“I’ll be happy, don’t worry.” She looked up at Kris’ face and locked her fingers with his, bringing his hand into her deep and soft kiss. “He’s a great man, he loves me. I know he won’t disappoint me anymore.”

 Chanyeol nodded his head, trying to accept the fact that he shouldn’t have to be selfish and let her live with her husband that she loved already. “It’s good then. You trust him. Now I can let you go with Kris.”

After that, the married couple slowly disappeared from their view. Facing the new life in Canada, Kris didn’t force her to remember him and her about the past. He just let her to go through slowly, at least he knew she was developing her feeling towards him for the second time. 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++