You're Hired and the Meeting

Sleeping Beauty Meets Sleeping Prince Charming (discontinued)

You carefully filled out the application form, going over it for the 3rd time. Once you were confident that you had the right information on the form, you stood up from your seat and walked towards the counter. With your shoulders withdrawn and a radiant smile, you handed your application form to the employee.The employee thanked you and examined the form.Everything was in the correct area from gender to address.You sat back down and continued looking outside the store window. It's interesting what you can see from inside that cafe/bakery, a couple walk hand in hand while sharing a smoothie,young kids play around the outside, and a group of teenagers being rowdy and wild. You inwardly sighed,you felt incomplete and lonely. Even though your family ran a multi-billion company, material things don't satisfy you. You zoned out and stared into random space, you broke from your trance when you heard your name being called.

"Micha-sshi!! Well everything seems to be in the right place, I see you had culinary experience in a 5 star restaurant. You have a clean record and your résumé is outstanding. You're hired!!" the store manager, you know as Mrs.Yoon explained to you. Her eyes changed into semicircles, showing her eye smile. You bowed 90° and smiled warmly at Mrs.Yoon.

"Kamsahamnida Mrs.Yoon, I promise not to disappoint you," you bowed again, truly gratefully for getting accepted.Mrs.Yoon just nodded with a smile on her face. 

"If you don't mind dear, can you start working today? We're really low on staff and we need help," Mrs.Yoon looked at you with slightly pleading eyes. You just can't help it but to assist people. 

"Of course Mrs.Yoon!! I'm always eager to help people!!" you exclaimed joyfully. The precious smile on Mrs.Yoon's face expanded. *This little girl really is something...* Mrs.Yoon thought as she walked behind the store counter to fetch an apron. Moments after Mrs.Yoon reappeared with a cute, chic apron. It was creamy beige, it had adorable designs such as a baby pink cupcake with anime eyes, red-orange hearts, black ink splotches, and red polka dots.

"Here you go Micha, this is the least I can do for all your wonderful help."

You gladly wore the apron, following Mrs.Yoon behind the counter like a lost puppy after you wore it. 

"The cashier unfortunately got into an accident and now he's recovering. I've been making a baker be a substitute but more people are needed in the kitchen. So your job is simple, you take the orders of customers. Pretty self-explanatory right?" 

You nodded and stood behind the counter after Mrs.Yoon left you alone. 3 gleeful hours passed by, you cheerfully took the orders of customers. You saw new faces and even became friends with the customers. You got to know the employees better and vise versa. Mrs.Yoon granted you permission for a 30 minute break. You lifted the little latch from the counter gate and stretched your arms. You asked your friend that was an employee to make you a 'Superfluous Swirl'. Your friend gave you the drink, you thanked her and skipped to a table. You sat on the same table from before, lost in the events that happened to you earlier. Just then the gold little bell hung above the door jingled, signaling a customer.

Exo-M calmly enters Rhapsody, they had discussed on where to go and decided to drop by here. Luhan had suggested the idea of going to Rhapsody, after some scratches and bruises he won their approval. (Let's just say everyone 'liked' and 'agreed' to Luhan's idea) Kris confidently strolls inside, looking up at the menu behind the counter. The others follow after him, deciding on what to order. Exo-M tells their orders to the employee and waits. You were still sipping your drink, looking out the store window.

"Gege look at her!! She looks really cute," Tao points at you. Lay,Chen,Xiumin, and Luhan turn their heads to you,then agrees with Tao.

"She does look cute!! Do you think I'll have a shot with her?" Xiumin asks excitedly. 

"Nahh, I think Duizhang should try to get her. I could imagine him and that girl together," Luhan recommends. Kris looks at you,*She looks okay, but not my type*

"She looks okay but she's not my type," Kris blurts out. 

"No I don't think so Kris,you're just afraid she'll reject you. After all, you must've lost your touch since it's been so long since you hit on any girls," Luhan absent-mindedly spoke. A fire ignites inside Kris, his eyes turn dark. Luhan didn't know it at the time but he provoked Kris, now he must confront him. Luhan eyes enlarges as Kris takes small steps towards him. Kris with all the 187cm he is,soars above Luhan.*Shoot, I'm going to get beaten again* Luhan thinks before Kris spoke.

"So you think I've lost my touch? I'll show you Luhan, not only will she fall for me the first time she sees me, she'll also faint from my good looks," Kris angrily spoke with a hint of cockiness. Luhan shakes his head nervously and Kris backs away. He suavely walks to your table. 

"Oooh Duizhang got some swag!!"

"He'll surely get her."

"Man, I wanted to get her."

The remaining five guys walk behind your table so they can do some spying,without you noticing.

"Hey there cutie," Kris greets you with the most charming voice. He sits down across from you and smiles angelically."I'm Wu Fan, but most people know me as Kris."You scoffed inside your head,*Tch he's one of those cocky jerks who don't give a damn about people but themselves.*You examined his face, he had sharp features and caramel colored hair.

You faked a smile,"I'm Yoo Micha, nice to meet you." You continued drinking your Superfluous Swirl. 

"A cute girl like you shouldn't be alone here in this cafe. You should be out on a date...with me," Kris smirked. Your sensitive ears picked up some giggling but you pushed it away.

"Uhhmm let me think about it," you do a thinking gesture and pretend to 'think about it' ,"no." Kris's face was priceless, he made a cute shocked face but quickly returned to his smirk.*I see she's playing hard to get, two can play that game.* Kris thinks. More giggling and snickering noises were heard but you fought the urge to find the source. 

"I don't think you should reject an idol like me. I am the 'super model' leader of a band called Exo-M," Kris proudly states, seeing if you will still reject his offer. You looked at his face again and did a double take,*So this is what fame and money make out of people....*

"No," you clearly stated. Kris's face exploded again, he just couldn't believe a girl reject him twice, and he is Kris the handsome leader of Exo-M. Loud laughter blasted through the cafe and all heads were turned behind you. You peeked behind you to find 5 guys rolling like a buffalo laughing and rolling their heads off like there's no tomorrow. You faced Kris again, who is now out of the shock zone. He face palms himself again and again.

"I'm guessing that's your band members," you stated the obvious. Kris still hand his hands on his face, he nodded at your statement."I'm out, you're just one of those arrogant bb cream idols that everyone sees as perfect role models. I'm the only one who sees through your facade." You apologized to Mrs.Yoon and ran out of Rhapsody. 

 

A/N What do you think?? sorry if it's not that funny, I lack humor hehe