The Start and the Mixed Truth

Sleeping Beauty Meets Sleeping Prince Charming (discontinued)

 

Tao stared at Kris, confused. He cocked his left eyebrow,” You okay, duizhang? Do you have a fever or something?”

Kris frantically shook his head. He had a deranged look on his face; Tao was shaking his shoulders, trying to grasp him back into planet Earth. Tao gave up and sat back on the floor. Kris was still somewhere in the universe, somewhere just not Earth. Tao sighed and just ignored Kris and continued folding clothes.

“Huh? What?” Kris looked around like a lost puppy, “Oh! There you are Tao!” Tao disappointingly shook his head.

“So back to my question,” Tao stared at Kris steadily,” make sure you don’t space out again this time… Are you okay?”

“I-I don’t know…”

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” Tao half hollered and half whispered. Kris was really driving him nuts.

“I mean, I just don’t know what I’m feeling. My emotions are like a puddle of colors,” Kris slouched.

“Ok, then tell me what happened.”

“First, Minji was talking to her mom. After she was done she recklessly plopped her body on our new couch. Then we yelled at each other. Minji then talked about something. I don’t remember much but some other stuff happened.

 But what I do remember the most is Micha crying. No, more like bawling, out of nowhere. I was about to leave when my legs brought me to her. And then my arms wrapped around her. It just felt right. Then it was all downfall from there.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Hyung, are you sure that you love her? Like c’mon’ you told me earlier you hated her guts. You’re not bipolar right? “

“I know I told you that, but…but I just don’t know.”

“But even if you love Micha for some unfathomable reason, maybe it’s an infatuation. I don’t know, I don’t control your mood or know what you’re thinking. Sorry I can’t help you.” Tao left the room, leaving Kris all alone. *Maybe he’s right, just an infatuation…*

            Days passed and the time was drawing near to when Minji’s cousin would come. It was also drawing near to when the contest was over. Today is a day before it ends.

 

“Micha, Micha” a husky voice echoed. You shifted around your bed.

“Leave me alone you repulsive demon!”

Kris felt his lips tugging into a small smile. He shook his head and smiled again. He tenderly your hair and came closer to your ear. “Good morning, Micha.”

The warm breath on your ear instantly made you wake up. It was pretty chilly in contrast to the moist warm breath that tickled your ear. You looked up from the pillow your head was buried in. *Oh. I guess I wasn’t dreaming because it is the demon.*

“What do you want?” you groaned.

“Today is a day before I have to abandon you and live my regular pop star life,” Kris tried his hardest not to sound anything but sarcastic. Truly, he was sad to leave you but also happy because it would mean he can get over you faster.

“Aww, really? Well I’m not gonna miss you. So you can just shove the thought of me missing you up your .” You smiled bitterly at him.

Kris’s face seemed unchanged, stoical. But on the inside his heart ached a little. Over the past few days, he noticed himself getting more attached to you. But every time Kris did a nice deed, you would belittle him.

In response, Kris shot you a glare to keep up with the act. He abruptly excused himself; you waved your hand at him like a fly.

Kris walked to the room he’s staying in. He fell face first onto it. *Maybe I should just leave tonight; it even came out of that she wouldn’t miss me. What’s the point of staying and getting beaten by her? Her words are sharper than a broken piece of glass. I feel like she sliced my heart into bit-sized pieces and roasted them…..*

Kris’s conscience argued back and forth:

“But you love her! Why don’t you just carry on with your plan?”

“Yeah, yeah. Carry on with your plan and then watch her be an ungrateful . That sounds really smart.”

“Don’t listen to him! Trust me, I’m 1000% sure that she’ll give you a chance. Maybe even reciprocate your feelings for her.”

And it kept going. . .

After the good and bad conscience’s war subsided, Kris decided to follow the good conscience. He thought to himself,” I wouldn’t know if I don’t try, right?” So here he goes know, primping himself.

“Cologne, check, nice breath, check, hair, check.” Kris smiled at himself in the mirror. He exited the bathroom, his manly cologne fumes spreading.

You heard footsteps coming to your room, you prepared yourself.

But no one appeared.

You peeked your head out the door to see empty space. *Hmmm, that’s really strange.*

You turned back to look at your room when you saw it.

A single, delicate flower, carefully placed on top of your bedside table. No stem, just the flower. White with a hint of pink and purple.

Curiously, you picked up the tiny flower and sniffed it. It smelled exceptionally sweet, unlike the weird odor that other flowers have. A note itching to be read was placed under the flower. You picked that up to and read it, “Turn around.”

Following the note, you turned around. You turned around to face a warm smile. There he was, leaning on the doorframe. He could never look anymore handsome. The soft tender look in his eyes… it almost melted your heart. Almost.

He calmly walked towards you, his eyes never breaking contact with yours. It looked like a scene from a romantic movie, where the leading male thinks he found his true love. But he doesn’t.

“Look, we started off the wrong way. I’m really sorry. Really, I am. So to make it up to you, I want to take you out. This can be our fresh start…. So, will you go out with me?”