Misunderstandings

Sleeping Beauty Meets Sleeping Prince Charming (discontinued)

 

Heat.       

That was all that you felt. You felt the tingling warmth pooling to your cheeks. You knew very well that Kris was still underneath you. It didn’t help that the driver closed the door after he saw what was happening.

You felt Kris’s chest calmly rise and sink while the seconds flew by slowly. The time felt slow, yet at the same time so fast. His face drew nearer to yours, bit by bit. Your face and Kris’s face was only separated by a sliver of space. Just before anything can happen, the car door opened, exposing the two of you. The driver seemed flustered after announcing that you have arrived to your destination. He hastily shut the door, probably surprised by what he saw.

You realized you were spacing out and that you were still lying on top of Kris. You tilted your head down to meet his face. Kris’s eyes were on you the whole time. It made you blush harder.

“Shall we continue?” he said jokingly. You scrunched up your face in disgust. *Really? This isn’t the right timing for that.*

Kris smirked triumphantly, *She’s so cute when she blushes—wait, what am I saying?* You slid yourself off of him and dusted yourself awkwardly, *I wish he would stop staring at me like that. He looks like a or something.*

Kris came back to his senses when you stepped out of the car. He immediately chased after you like a little lost puppy.

“Hey look, I’m sorry.” Kris blurted out. *First it was my thoughts, now it’s my mouth I can’t control!* Kris inwardly groaned while gently grasping your hand. You were walking towards an unfamiliar building when he spoke. You turned back to look at him.

“Is this an apology I hear? Are my ears lying? Did I just really hear an apology from the narcissistic Kris?”

“What?! No—“

“Then what did you mean to say?”

You watched Kris fidget a little bit. It made you happy to see Kris defeated by your teasing.

“Listen, whatever I said two seconds ago or five minutes ago, forget about it. The words that come out of my mouth will only have its meaning at the time it was spoken. So that means, I could say I hate you now, and then ten minutes later it wouldn’t mean a thing.”

You listened carefully to the slew of words. You kept quiet while you let the words digest into your brain. It only took you a second to realize something, *If he’s saying that he doesn’t mean what he says in the past; then he didn’t actually want to go on a date….*

Kris studied your face; he couldn’t tell what you were thinking of or what you were feeling. He got a little worried.

“Micha, are you alright? You’ve been spacing out a lot today.” He waved his hand in front of your face. You started walking the opposite direction, * I knew I should’ve said no. This is what happens when I listen to my heart instead of my brain.*

“Micha, come here! What’s the matter? Was it something I said?” Kris quickly got a hold of your wrist after your hand disconnected from his. You whipped your head around.

“Yes it was something you said. In fact it’s everything you’ve said. But it wouldn’t matter now since it’s all “meaningless” to you.”

You forcefully dragged your arm away and walked away from the scene. Kris stood there dumbfounded. *I don’t get it, what did I say?*

You called your driver to pick you up. He rolled into the parking lot in less than five minutes; you threatened to fire him if he didn’t come quickly. You pulled the car door open and got yourself situated in the back seat. Right before Kris opened the door, you slammed it shut and told the driver to pull out.

For the second time of the day, Kris was dumbfounded.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

            Kris heard footsteps and the voice of two girls chattering.

“What is he doing out here in that suit?”

“I don’t know, why don’t you ask him!”

“No you go! I’m too shy, plus you’re prettier so if you say something wrong at least it would look cute.”

Kris couldn’t help but to smile at their conversation. He too would be wondering why a man was walking down a residential street, all dressed up but looking upset. Why, attractive people are treated better, shouldn’t they be happy?

Finally, a girl with dyed chestnut hair approached Kris.

“Um, excuse me sir, but what exactly are you doing?”

Kris glanced down at the girl who was practically an ant compared to him.

“Walking,” Kris replied flatly.

“Why so down, huh?” another girl with blonde highlights asked. “Shouldn’t someone as handsome as you be happy?” Then the girl covered , feigning innocence.

Kris rolled his eyes secretly. He didn’t like the false smiles and cuteness.

“How if I cheer you up, Mr. Model?” the girl with chestnut hair said, winking at the end. Kris was starting to feel uncomfortable around these random girls.

“I was just walking home, now if you don’t mind please go your separate ways.” Kris said politely. He just wanted to go back to the dorm, to just be alone.

“But how if our way is the same as yours?” the girl with highlights proposed.

Kris finally had enough of it and thought it was getting creepy. He excused himself from the two girls and walked away steadily. Once he was out of the girls’ eyesight, he bolted back to the dorm.

*************

            You were at home watching TV in your room. MiRae was a bit startled when she saw you walking in; she didn’t even know you were out. Nonetheless, she gave you space.

You were flipping through the channels. You weren’t paying attention because your mind was preoccupied with an abundance of thoughts.

Why did he do this?

Is he really that dumb?

Does he even care about my feelings?

I wonder what he’s doing right now…..

 

Just then your phone played a little jingle, signaling that you had a message.

“1 new message from Kris” the screen said, flashing.

*What other thoughtless things would he say now?* You sighed and looked at the message.

 

From: Kris

8:59 P.M.

 

After you left me at the parking lot, I was really confused. I thought it was just one of those “girl outbursts” so I shrugged it off and went home. But while I was walking home, realization hit me like a brick in my face. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to ruin our date. I never meant for us to start off bad.

I know I would be a hypocrite by saying this, but I do mean what I say. Even if I forget it, you won’t. I really did mean to ask you out, it wasn’t some decision made without a thought.  I’m not that reckless ;)

And yes, this is an apology filled with lots of sincerity.

Good night, sweet dreams…

*There, I hope she forgives me...*