Merry Christmas, from the Prince and the Angry Bird

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Download with Vixy

 

 

 

“The Kwons are here, Kris. Why don’t you come downstairs and entertain them while we wait for dinner?” My mom said, entering my room.

“Nahh.” I waved her away as I continued reading my book on my bed.

“Oh come on, it’s Christmas!” She chirped.

“Yeaahh.” I said in monotone, not looking up once.

“Fine. But you’re going to have to come down eventually.” She grumbled, finally leaving the room. I put my book down. I wonder if Jihae’s here...

What am I thinking? Of course she’s here. Oh no, I still haven’t dressed up yet! She could be walking up the stairs any minute now!

I quickly took a shower and dressed in a nice button up shirt. I styled my hair nicely and then sat on my bed, staring at the door and patiently waiting for Jihae to walk in.

Wait, I look too obvious. I lie back down on my bed and start reading my book. For about half an hour, I re-read the same page about 38 times, frequently looking from the door to the book.

Ughh, what am I doing? What does it matter on how cool I look when Jihae walks in? And who cares if she actually does come into my room anyway? Not me!

But she’s going to... right? Why wouldn’t she?

About another 30 minutes passed until the most brilliant idea hit me square in the head.

I put the book down and started doing pushups on the floor right in front of the door. Now whenever Jihae comes in she’ll think I’m athletic and strong~

 

J i h a e

I stared out the bus window, contemplating on whether or not Luhan will like his gift. My mom told me I could deliver the presents to EXO-M if I came back in time for dinner at the Wus. I already dropped off Tao, Chen, Lay and Xiumin’s gift. At each stop they would offer me to come in and watch them as they opened their gifts, and so far I’ve had good responses! Except Chen who complained about how he was a man and wearing hello kitty glasses would counter the masculinity coursing through his veins and blah blah blaahh...

The gifts they gave me were really sweet, but it gave me very strong doubts that they’ve ever bought a present for a teenage girl before. A makeup set for 6 year old girls with finger lip glitters and sticker earrings from Chen. A 10 dollar gift card for a grocery store from Lay. A spray that you use on your hair to make it look sparkly from Xiumin. A lightsaber from Tao.

I arrived at my stop and walked in the freezing cold to Luhan’s house, holding the present tight in my arms. I looked at the text message Luhan sent me to make sure I had the right address and then rang the doorbell.

“Jihae! You're here!” Luhan smiled at me once he opened the door. “Come inside, it must be freezing.”

“Thanks.” I said, taking my shoes off outside and stepping into his very large house. “Here’s your gift.”

“Thank you, Jihae. Let me get yours.” Luhan said, holding my hand and dashing towards the 10 feet Christmas tree in the living room. My eyes explored around his house. He’s a lot wealthier than I thought...

“Ta-da!” Luhan dug around the pile of gifts under the tree until he presented in front of me a small box, wrapped in a metallic kind of paper.

“Okay, you first.” I said as we exchanged our gifts. Luhan nodded and carefully tore the wrapping paper to a shoe box. He lifted the lid and smiled the second he saw what was inside.

“Awww, Jihae.” Luhan’s grin never left his face as he took out the reindeer. “This is so cute!”

“You like it?” I asked. Luhan suddenly hugged me, which startled me for a minute. He’s never hugged me before.

Luhan let go of me. “Of course! It looks kind of like you.” He chirped, holding it next to my face.

“Really? I thought it looked like you. That’s why I got it.” I pondered. Luhan stared at the stuffed animal for a little bit and then held it next to his head, widening his eyes and trying to make the same expression.

“You’re such a dork.” I giggled.

“But I’m a cute reindeer dork.” Luhan defended adorably. “Open your gift!”

I did as told and slowly unwrapped the pretty paper from the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter