A New Year, a New Adventure

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jihae! The Wus are coming with us to go to a new year’s party! We’ll be back pretty late, so stay safe!” My dad yelled from downstairs.

“Okay! Have fun!” I yelled back, keeping my eyes trained on the magazine I was reading. I was lying comfortably on my bed when I heard the door shut, indicating their departure.

“Aaahhh, a nice and peaceful night at last.” I sighed happily, snuggling into my very comfortable bed.

“HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE, DUIZHANG!!!”

Please tell me that is not who I think that is.

“MAN WE’RE GONNA PARTY SO HARD TONIGHT!” I heard Xiumin yell. I looked through the window to see EXO-M parading behind Kris into his room.

Great. This is just dandy.

Should I get up and move downstairs? But the bed is so comfortable... Ughh. I hate my life.

“So when are your parents coming home?” Lay asked.

“Late. We’ll be fine, don’t worry.” Kris reassured.

“Can we invite Jihae over?” Tao pouted. I froze and kept my eyes trained on my magazine.

“Yeah let’s do it! It’ll be a lot more fun.” Chen chimed. I ignored them and continued reading my magazine like they weren’t there. Hell no am I spending my holiday with Kris. And honestly, I’m kind of afraid of Luhan after he—

“JIHHHAEEE! DO YOU HEAR US!?!?” I heard a very stupid Xiumin shout. “WE ARE INVITING YOU OVER TO KRIS’S HOUSE FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE PARTYING.”

“Baozi!” Luhan hissed, covering his ear with one hand and smacking Xiumin with the other. I continued to pretend I couldn’t hear them and flipped to another page of my magazine.

“Aw, she didn’t hear me.” Xiumin pouted. He cupped his hands around his mouth and screamed at the top of his lungs.

“JIIIIIII—“

“BAOZI!” Luhan smacked Xiumin in the gut, quickly muting the screaming. Luhan opened the window and met my eyes. I felt the heat quickly rushing up to my cheeks.

“Do you want to come over, Jihae?” Luhan asked nervously.

“U-Uh, no thank you.” I answered quietly. Shocked and disappointed expressions spread across EXO-M’s faces. I felt bad, but I’m just not in the mood right now.

“What do we do now, hyung?” Somebody whined. Nothing! You do nothing!

“Don’t worry guys, I have a plan. Follow me.” I heard Kris reassure. Tchh, what’s it gonna be? Play loud music to annoy me? Throw stuff at my window? It’s not going to work this time. I am 100% determined to stay on this bed and nothing can stop that from happen—

“WEEEE WOOO WEEE WOOOOO ALERT ALERT THE KWON RESIDENCE IS UNDER ATTACK THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL.”

Oh. My. Go—

“EVERYBODY STAY CLEAR! WE ARE IN THE PROCCESS OF KIDNAPPING KWON JIHAE ANYBODY WHO STANDS IN OUR WAY WILL BE KILLED.”

Suddenly I felt myself get hoisted up into the air by six irritating idiots screaming at the top of their lungs. Can somebody just end my life now?

“YAH! PUT ME DOWN! YAAHHH!” I screamed as EXO-M and Kris brought me to the freezing outside. I noticed some of them were carrying loads of blankets and pillows. We stopped in front of Kris’s separate garage outside of his house.

Tao positioned me so I was sitting on his shoulders while the rest of them climbed onto the roof of the garage. Tao turned the opposite direction, making it difficult for me to turn my head and see what they were doing.

“Okay, throw her up here!” I heard Luhan shout.

“Wait, throw me where?!” I asked frantically before Tao tossed me up onto the roof. I screamed for my life until I landed on my back onto something soft and warm.

“Surprise! We’re going to watch the midnight fireworks from the roof of the garage! Isn’t it going to be great?” Luhan chimed, hovering over me. The corner of my lips slightly twitched into a smile. How could I stay grumpy at this?

“Move over!” Chen whined, sitting on the soft mess of blankets. We both sat up and the rest of EXO-M sat in a circle. There were so many blankets and pillows layered over each other that you couldn’t even tell there was a single hard thing underneath.

“Okay wise party animal, there’s a few hours until midnight. What do you suppose we do until then?” Kris asked Lay.

“Well, I have a very juicy and nail biting activity we could do...” Lay replied slyly. We all leaned into him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter