Last Minute Christmas Shopping

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I’ve been awake in my bed for about an hour now, replaying moments in my head from last night.

Luhan feeding me. Luhan calling me pretty. Luhan catching me when I fell. Luhan skating with me. Luhan spinning me around. Luhan showing me city lights. Luhan, Luhan, Luhan. My heart goes crazy just from thinking about him.

But then I remember that jerk’s face. I’ve been trying so hard to forget it but it keeps coming back to me, giving me the unpleasant feeling of guilt.

Why though? Why did he look so sad? Was it because he had to suffer on that date with Nayoung while Luhan and I had fun?

Ugghh, he’s probably mad at me right now. Great. And now I can’t properly enjoy my Luhan flashbacks without feeling guilty.

I leaped out of bed and decided to do something to end the stupid emotion. I’ll just go and buy him his Christmas gift and get on with my life. Problem solved.

I put on my coat and wrapped around a scarf before I left the house. I used the bus to go downtown where all the stores were. When I actually started shopping, I realized how impossible this was.

If I get him a bad gift like I wish to, my parents will scold me and I will get in trouble, although it will grant me the satisfaction of upsetting Kris.

If I get him a good gift like I have to, it will show a false affection for Kris and that I actually spent the time and effort to find a gift he likes. This will be forever held against me until the day I die.

But I decided to swallow my pride and keep looking through the stores. But what could I get him anyway? Do idiots even like anything?

“Look! It’s that new plushie store that opened down the block!” I heard a girl squeal to her friend.

“Oooh! I’ve been meaning to go there. Joori said it was really cute. She got a stuffed Pikachu there!” Said the friend.

“Let’s go. I heard it’s super popular and everybody’s buying things from there for the holidays.”

That’s it! I’ll buy him a stuffed animal. That way my parents won’t get mad but Kris will still not like it! Perfect!

I walked down the block and into the store, which was as cute as the girl described it.

There were racks and shelves filled with millions of adorable stuffed creatures from every movie/television series/game you could think of. There was a shelf for the characters of Toy Story, a section for the characters of Mario, and oh my god, a very, very, very large section for Pokémon.

“Excuse me; can you help me find a Christmas present for someone?” I asked a lady who appeared to work here.

“Sure! What’s the person like? Is it for your boyfriend?”

“Nooo no no no. It is for a boy though.” I answered.

“Oh, so you like this boy.” The worker nodded understandingly.

“What? No! No boyfriend! No liking! It’s just a boy.”

“Does he have a specific movie or something that he likes?” She asked.

I thought for something. Anything. Does Kris even do anything for fun? I’ve always just pictured him as an evil witch who spends his time alone sharpening knives and setting fire to the ants with a magnifying glass.

“Or if you can’t think of anything, you could always try to find a plush toy that looks like him. Those are always cute.” The worker suggested. That actually didn’t sound so bad.

“That works! Could you help me with that?” I asked.

“Alright then, what is he like?” She responded.

“Well, he’s really annoying and irritating and he can be really rude, like, all the time. He doesn’t care about anyone else but himself and he doesn’t have a heart anywhere in his body. He’s super disrespectful and conceited thinking that he’s soooo great and everybody likes him and even though he’s a terrible person he still magically always gets what he wants and—“

“I, uh, don’t think we have anything like that... Can you describe his appearance?” The lady interrupted.

“Oh,” I blushed. “He’s...uh...good looking and...Tall...and...”

Okay, this is getting really embarrassing. The worker just stood there and gave me an amused smile.

“Oh, I know! He always has this angry grumpy facial expression on, which matches his angry grumpy attitude.” I said.

“Ooooh, I think I have something in mind. Follow me.” She led me to a table filled with stuffed animal versions of the Angry Birds game.

“Ah, this! This is Kris, definitely.” I laughed, picking up the red bird. I smiled as I examined the soft, furry thing. The eyebrows were thick and narrow like Kr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter