Attack of the Evil Ostrich

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris. LIKES ME??

I plopped down onto my couch and tightly hugged a pillow, hoping that applying pressure to my chest would calm down my heart which could quite possibly explode at any second now.

Am I missing something here?! Did I fall into a rabbit hole into some strange, twisted dimension where it’s possible for me and Kris to not only not absolutely despise each other's guts, but for him to… kiss me?? And tell me he likes me???

I simply don’t believe it. This has to be some kind of sick joke.

But then my mind keeps tracing back to that kiss… I don’t know what came over me just now. This crazy, warm feeling that spread from the kiss all throughout my limbs and toes; I literally felt like I completely forgot where I was and wanted nothing more than to just be there with him. Am I going crazy? Could I really actually feel something towards him that isn’t complete hatred?

I paused for a brief moment and then slammed the pillow down.

NO. I don’t like him. I simply could never after the years of suffering he’s put me through. I blankly stared at my phone and remembered that I still haven’t responded to Luhan’s confession.

This is so crazy. This is so crazy that Luhan confessed to me but Kris’s antics are the only things occupying my mind. I pause and try to think about how I felt for Luhan before all these distractions came storming at me left and right but my mind just keeps going back to the kiss. Replaying in my head over and over again and making me absolutely dizzy and warm. 

Finally, I unlock my phone and send a message to Luhan.

 

- - -

 

“Don’t be so afraid!” Luhan cheerfully encouraged, as I, very much afraid, held my trembling arm out holding a piece of bread to feed the ostrich.

“L-Look at the way he’s looking at me! He doesn’t want this bread I PROMISE he is out for blood and meat.” I cried out, recoiling my hand every time the evil beady-eyed creature snapped his demonic beak at me. Luhan burst out in a cute little laugh and I weakly smiled despite my looming fear. I felt so relieved to know that Luhan doesn’t hate me despite me taking so long to get back to him after his confession. I texted him last night so we could talk over boba, but he insisted we go on a fun date. However, Luhan completely missed the mark on the “fun date” criteria and I am possibly about to die at this petting zoo.

“AJSKDSJAKHD AHHH AHH!!!” I screamed as the demon creature abruptly launched it's freakish neck forward and snapped the bread right out of my hands. 

Luhan continued laughing as I watched the thing happily scarf down the bread. I walked away, no longer wanting to stare at it’s ugly face. We continued walking around the zoo and got various overpriced food truck snacks the entire evening before leaving to get actual dinner at a late night fried chicken joint, where he paid as a birthday gift to me (food is always the best gift). It was strange because neither of us had mentioned his confession, or any of the events that have happened recently. We were just enjoying each other's company and laughing together like before. 

Except... I don't have the same giddy feeling in my stomach as I did before.

I was trying my best to give him my full attention, but I couldn’t help but think about last night. Over. and over. And over again.

As much as I try to shake off my thoughts and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter