The Day that Dreams Come True

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day I decided to start looking for presents immediately. I explored the downtown streets for hours, stopping at every stand and store there was.

“WHAT DO I DO!?” I yelled in frustration. Seriously, what could you possibly get for teenage boys?

I’ve tried everything. Clothes, shoes, hats. I just don’t know what they would like!

I was looking at some rings at a stand when I heard the chiming of adorable music. I turned towards the source of the song and found a store full of stuffed animals and toys.

“Aah! So cuuute~” I happily trotted into the store where the music jingled through my ears. I started looking through the shelves to see if I could find anything for EXO-M.

“A notebook with a cat on it. Would Lay like this?” I mumbled to myself. Oh my god, this is getting more and more impossible with every passing minute. I was starting to give up until I saw a little section of the shop dedicated to unicorns.

Curious, I walked over towards it and picked up a pair of earphones with little unicorns on the ears. For some reason, this seemed like a pretty good present for Lay.

Okay, one down. Five to go. I wandered around the store and started finding presents quicker. Hello Kitty glasses for Chen. A hat the shaped of a steamed bun with a face on it for Xiumin. A panda hoodie for Tao.

“Aww.. I kind of want these glasses.” I tried on Chen’s gift in the mirror. They were fake white glasses with tiny whiskers poking out and the hello kitty bow. I made cute little faces in the mirror for a while until I spotted the Christmas section of the store. What caught my eye distinctively was the stuffed reindeer lying on the shelf.

I walked over to it and took it from the rack. The reindeer was wearing a red and green scarf and had cute little antlers. But what really struck me was the wide, adorable pair of dark eyes. It almost seemed like there was a warm, friendly aura around the stuffed animal. It was something that made me reflexively place it in my basket and proceed to the checkout counter.

“Jihae! There you are!” A voice called out as the clerk handed me a bag of my purchases. Nayoung was grabbing onto Kris’s wrist and dragged him into the shop.

“Oh my god, my eyes! What is this store?! Get me out of here!” Kris covered his eyes with his free hand and attempted to pull out of Nayoung’s grip.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Nayoung.

“We were looking all over for you! We came to your house and your mom said you went shopping so we had to look through all these stores because you wouldn’t answer your phone!” Nayoung scolded.

“She. She was looking for you. I was held against my will.” Kris said, his eyes still covered.

“Okay, you found me. What do you want?” I asked.

“I have this huge emergency and I need you and Kris’s help. Oh, and Luhan. We’re stopping by his house next.” Nayoung explained. My stomach started shuffling from the thought of entering Luhan’s house.

“And what makes you think I’ll help you?” I said back.

“That’s exactly what I said.” Kris said.

“Come on, just hear out my plan first and then we can all decide.” Nayoung bargained. Without listening to my response, she took my hand and led me out the store and down the sidewalk until we reached her car.

Nayoung drove us to Luhan’s house and she rang the doorbell once we arrived. We waited a couple of awkward minutes before the door opened to reveal Luhan in jeans and a large gray hoodie.

“Oh, hey guys. I, um, wasn’t expecting you all.” Luhan’s scratched his head, ruffling his perfectly messy hair. His oversized hoodie covered most of his hand and barely revealed his fingers. He looked pretty darn irresistible right now.

“Sorry, I needed to talk to all of you for a favor, it’s a huge emergency.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter