The Evil Dragon and the Knight in Shining Armor

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Guys! Let’s hang out at Kris’s house today.” Lay decided during English. My head immediately popped up from my desk towards their direction.

“Uhh my house is kind of... a no, sorry.” Kris said. We briefly made eye contact.

“Whhhyyy?” Luhan whined. “Your house is the best!”

“The plumbing is broken. We can just go somewhere else.” He suggested.

“Yeah, right. I bet it’s just his lame excuse because he doesn’t want us to come over.” Xiumin crossed his arms.

“No, I meant what I said.” Kris said sternly.

“Fine, whatever.” Xiumin rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m taking a nap.” Kris told me as soon as we got home.

“Have fun, grandpa.” I teased. Seriously, who takes naps nowadays?

“Whatever. Don’t disturb me.” He warned as he walked up the stairs.

“Fine.” I said as I plopped onto the couch and flicked on the T.V. I was watching some variety show until it hit me.

Kris.

In my room.

Alone.

“Oh no you don’t!” I shouted as I ran upstairs. Who knows what he could do! Go through my drawers, read my diary... Wait... Do I even have a diary?!

“Kris!” I exclaimed as I burst through the bedroom door. My eyes widened when I saw him in the process of lying down in my bed shirtless.

“KRIS!” I screamed, covering my eyes.

“What?!” He sounded startled.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! GET OFF MY BED! PUT A SHIRT ON!!!” I yelled. I grabbed the pencil jar on my desk and started throwing pens at him.

“OW! OW! STOP! STOP!” Kris attempted to shield himself which seemed difficult because he was kind of HALF-.

“PUT! ON! A! SHIRT!” I screamed as I finished my jar. I threw the cup at him which hit him square on the head, knocking him unconscious.

I was panting from all the yelling.

 

“I’m telling your parents about this.” Kris announced half an hour later when he was conscious while pressing the ice pack against his head.

“You brought this on yourself.” I stated simply, sitting next to him on the couch.

“What’s the big deal anyway? You’ve seen me without a shirt before.” Kris said.

“Yeah when we were kids!” I said as if this was the most simplistic thing ever.

“So what difference does it make?” Kris asked.

“Everything!” I groaned as I covered my face with my hands.

Kris placed the ice pack on the coffee table and leaned in. “You know, I think you’re overreacting now because you like me.”

“What?!” I exclaimed, dropping my hands to my sides to realize how close he was. My eyes widened and I started inching back, only to have Kris leaning in closer.

“I mean why did you even go into the room knowing I was taking a nap? I bet you were planning to watch me while I sleep.” Kris said in a low tone, wavering at a dangerously small distance. My back hit the arm of the couch and I gulped. What’s going on with him?!

Just when he was about to get too close, I started hearing talking.

“Wait, do you hear that?” I shoved Kris’s face away and sat up, listening carefully.

“What? I don’t hear anything.” Kris said. I stood up from the couch and quickly ran over to the window, peaking out to catch view of Kris’s house.

“What is EXO-M doing here?!” I whispered in horror as I saw them gathering around the house and kicking the door.

“Ughh, really?” Kris groaned, placing the ice pack back on his head. “Tell them to go away; I’m not in the mood.”

“They can’t find out that you’re living with me! What would Luhan think?!” I tangled my fingers through my hair frantically. I saw EXO-M moving over to my house. GAAAHHH WHAT DO I DO?!

“I think your precious little Luhan bab-“

“KRIS! HIDE!” I dragged Kris off the couch and shoved him into the coat closet. “And stay quiet!”

“My headache’s back...” Kris groaned.

“Shhh!” I said just as I heard a knocking on the door. I checked myself in the mirror real quick before I ran over to the door and opened it to see everybody.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“We were getting bored and decided to visit Kris’s house! But he’s not there... Have you seen him?” Xiumin asked.

“His plumbing is broken, so he’s staying at a relative’s house.” I explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter