Taking Action

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So like I read the comments and a lot of you wanted me to go on with the last scene in the chapter but like that’s it really OTL. Does he drink the syrup or not? The world may never know~

“Where’s Jihae?” Lay asked as we sat down in our usual spots for lunch on Monday.

“She stayed back in class to finish her test.” Tao explained.

“Oh okay. So how did the confession go, Luhan?” Xiumin asked. I almost choked on my banana.

“Bad. She canceled on me at the last minute.” Luhan leaned his cheek on the palm of his hand.

“Wait, you confessed to somebody?” I asked him.

“Yeah, Kris. Didn’t you know? Luhan was going to tell Jihae that he liked her on Saturday.” Chen said. I felt everything freeze around me. I knew it. I knew he liked her! I just didn’t think everything would happen so quickly.

I glanced at Luhan’s wrist and noticed he was wearing a bracelet. Pink. Hmm. That’s weird. There was also a silver charm hanging from it, but I couldn’t tell what it was since it was concealed from the sleeve of his shirt. It looked like a letter or something.

“I was planning on asking her out on a date too.” Luhan sadly played around with his food. “But it’s okay, I think I’m going to try asking her again today after school.”

“You can’t!” I blurted out. All of their heads turned towards my direction.

“S-She’s busy today. I overheard my mom talking about the Kwons all doing something together for a celebration of some sort.” I lied.

“Oh. Okay then. Next time.” Luhan exhaled. He looked so dejected today; it’s so different from his usual happy cheery self.

But I don’t care. If we both like Jihae, I won’t show mercy. I’m taking action now.

 

 

 

“Jihae!” I yelled as I repeatedly banged on the front door.

“NOBODY’S HOME.” I heard her voice scream from the other side.

“JIHAE!” I shouted even louder and knocked even harder. I heard a groan and waited for a moment before the door flew open.

“What do you want?!” She exclaimed. Well somebody’s grumpy today...

“Let’s do something!” I chimed.

“What? Now? Why?” Jihae questioned.

“Because. I want to thank you for taking care of me while I was sick Saturday.”

“Aww. How sweet. You’re welcome. Bye!” Jihae tried shutting the door on me but I used my foot to stop the door.

“Nope. You’re coming with me.” I stepped inside for a brief moment to get her a jacket and dragged Jihae out of the house.

“Waaaiitt. Let me tell my parents that I’m leaving!” Jihae started running the opposite direction but I held a good grip on her arm and pulled her forward.

“I’ll call them! SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR NEIGHBOR!” I successfully pried her off the door frame and brought her into the car.

“You’re a monster.” Jihae mumbled as she put on her seatbelt.

“Oh shut up.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Why are we doing this?” Jihae whined as she gripped onto the railing of the ice rink with her life.

“I told you! I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter