The Battle of Kisses and Jealousy

My Next-Door Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next day feeling groggy and carrying an upset feeling in my stomach. I don’t know if I got any sleep last night trying to process this whole chaotic weekend. Kris confessing to me and kissing me, Luhan accusing me of having feelings for Kris, almost DYING from a serial killer/kidnapper/ AND a demon ostrich on the SAME DAY?!?

I honestly can’t think of any other disaster that could possibly happen today. I don’t think my fragile heart can take any more of the chaos that is my tragic life. 

My phone buzzed against my dresser and I reached over to read a message from Luhan.

“We’re all playing basketball at the court in your neighborhood park. You should come by :)” 

I smiled seeing the friendly emoticon. The one thing I’m grateful for is Luhan still wanting to be friends and hang out like before despite not reciprocating his feelings. So much more mature than Kris falsely accusing me of liking him because he can’t take the rejection?? Absolutely pathetic. My blood was boiling thinking about what he did last night. 

“But I won’t kiss you again until you admit it yourself.”

“AHHH!!!!” I slammed my phone back down on my nightstand and sprung out of my bed to change clothes and get ready. I angrily brushed my hair still thinking about it.

As I was leaving the house I ran into Mrs. Wu sweeping off some of the leftover snow off of the lawn.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Wu! Do you need any help?” I offered.

“Good afternoon Jihae! I’m fine, thank you for asking.” She looked up at me and smiled. “Oh, how was your birthday?”

“It was really nice, thanks for asking!” I paused, thinking about Kris’s surprise for me as my face grew hotter. Mrs. Wu must’ve noticed the expression on my face and gave me a cheeky smile.

“Did you enjoy Kris’s gift?” She questioned.

“A-ah... I did actually.” I stuttered, feeling flustered from thinking about all of the intimacy we’ve shared this past weekend. “Did he tell you about it?”

“No, he never tells me or Mr. Wu anything.” She pouted. “I heard from your mom. Oh but it makes me so happy to hear that he’s better with expressing his emotions and doing nice things for people.”

“I think he’s always done a great job at expressing his negative emotions towards me.” I scoffed, hoping that wasn’t too rude but feeling relieved when I saw her chuckle.

“You are so silly. I could always tell he had a soft spot for you, even as kids.” She said.

Oh, this poor delusional mother. “Mrs. Wu, I’m so sorry but your son has always bullied me and made my life a living hell as kids!!”

“I know my son, Jihae. The way he acts around you and talks about you is different from any other interaction I’ve seen before.” She mused.

I decided it was not worth getting into with her. I hit her with the “Okay, whatever you say.” and we talked a bit about the KBBQ we were having together tonight in celebration of my birthday before I bid her goodbye.

I made my way into the park towards the basketball court to see all of EXO-M and Kris shooting around. I met eyes with Luhan and he made a quick pause to wave at me before chasing after Xiumin for the ball.

“Oh? Does someone want it?” Xiumin cackled obnoxiously as he dramatically dribbled the ball between his legs. Just as Luhan almost grabbed a hold of it, Xiumin tossed it over to the side without a glance as Kris flashed by and effortlessly rythmed the ball into his dribbling motion, gliding across the court before he leaped up and slammed the ball straight down the hoop.

Kris’s face was slightly trickling with sweat, as his focused expression glistened in the sunlight. I couldn’t help but stare at his athletic figure effortlessly gliding past everyone else across the court, skillfully making the shot every time. Aish, why does he have to be so attractive when he plays...

At that moment, he glanced at my direction and caught me staring at him, eliciting a playful smirk. “Enjoying the view?”

I scoffed and turned my head away, as he continued to run off. Tao, flying towards him out of nowhere, managed to grab the ball out of his hands and dribble across the other side of the court.

“YAH!!! JIHAE!!!” He shouted, holding back Lay from taking the ball away from him. I jumped from surprise and looked at him with a bewildered expression.

“I heard it was your birthday. THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!!!!!!” Tao dramatically made a spinning maneuver past Lay to shake him off and tossed the ball at the hoop, completely missing the board.

Everyone, except for Tao, burst into uncontrollable laughter. 

“That has got to be the worst birthday gift ever.” Chen chortled. “Oh Jihae, I’m so sorry.”

Tao silently shot knives at us through his grumpy glare, crossing his arms and waiting for the laughter to die down.

“Wait, I didn’t know it was your birthday!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Actually, it was this past frid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter