It's you again

Marriage Without Love or With Love?

I came back up from my bow to focus my attention on the girl and our eyes meet for the first time since they arrived. The first thing we said was,

“Rude girl”

“Ajusshi”

At the same time. 

Both my father and her grandfather had a confused expression on their faces.

“Rude girl?” said her grandfather.

“Ajusshi?” said my father.

“Well, it seems like you guys know each other already. So this won’t be an awkward meeting, plus you guys have nicknames for each other” assumed her grandfather as we all sat down.

“Strange nicknames but you know children these days with their strange stuff” added my father.

It amazed me how clueless they were that no matter how strange children are these days, these nicknames were not a good sign of friendship.

“Hello my name is Shin young-in  but just call me Shin young. I am 24 years old and it’s a pleasure to meet you” said the rude girl.

How come I keep meeting her when I never want to see her again in my life. My father then elbowed me to introduce myself.

“Hello my name is Lee Donghae and I am also 24 years old, it’s my pleasure to meet you”

“Shin young, you look like a fine young lady, right son?”

“Oh, yea she does” I said with a fake smile.

“Donghae, you look like you would make a wonderful husband for my granddaughter” commented her grandfather.

“Thank you” I replied. I didn’t know if I should be happy about what he said.

Soon we started to talk about the arrange marriage and the rude girl started to say that this marriage is a good idea. Her reasons were that her family owns many banks around Seoul and they also own SBS, the channel. Like my family owns the company SUJU that has singers, actor, and actress it would benefit both families. They could provide us with finical help when we need it and also help our idol to appear on shows and get to be known more. We would be helping them by letting our idols appear on their shows.

Now, at this moment that I see her as she continues to talk about the marriage I am able to see how pretty she is. Her long straight black hair that fell down all the way to her waist, her white skin with sparking eyes that just call your attention, along with a graceful body and seems so gentle. I guess I see her like this know because she is not annoying me. WAIT! Donghae what are you saying to yourself! I slapped myself softly on the left cheek. I was so focus on my thoughts that I didn’t even hear my dad calling me.

“Donghae, are you okay? Why did you just slap yourself right now?” asked my father.

“Huh? Oh no reason at all, so what is going on?” I said.

“You didn’t listen at all did you?”

I just gave my father a small innocent smile.

“Well they are leaving now because they have things to take care of and we also said that tomorrow you will take her on date and you would call her later to see the time and where you guys are going, also that you guys have to start to plan the wedding” explained my father.

“Oh, Okay” I responded.

They said goodbye and left us, that’s when it hit me.

“WAIT! WHAT! I…I – I going to take her on date tomorrow!?”