Good Night

Marriage Without Love or With Love?

At 6:00 A.M Shin young woke up like always. She opened the door to find Dongahe beside her door. He was sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the wall. Donghae has fallen asleep in that uncomfortable manner. Shin young thought that maybe she let Donghae suffer enough. She covered Donghae with a blanket.

Donghae woke up to the smell of pancakes. Once he opened his eyes he saw the back view of Shin young again. He noticed that he was covered with a blanket and that Shin young might have felt sorry. Shin young turned around and saw Donghae awake.

“Come and eat breakfast.”

Donghae got up without complaining as he was hungry.

“I have never made chocolate chips pancakes before, but Wooyoung told they are your favorite. So I gave it a try.”

“They taste delicious.” said Donghae as he kept munching on them.

“Donghae”

“Yes”

“How about we talk later” said Shin young.

 


“Really?!” asked Donghae.

“Yes I will take you out to eat as my treat.”

“Okay what time?”

“I actually have to work at my office today, so let’s meet like 6” stated Shin young.

“Okay”

Dongahe went home to get change and shower. He  was in front of shin young’s office at exactly 6 P.M.

“Shin young I am outside your office” texted Donghae.

Alright I will be outside in 5 mins” replied Shin young.

                Shin young went outside and saw Donghae standing while his right foot was kicking the air.

“Donghae” called out Shin young.

            Dongahe turned around.

“Donghae why did you come all the way here? We could have meet somewhere closer to our town.”

“Because I wanted to pick you up.”

“But I have my own car.”

“Well I am going to drive your car.”

"Then you are going to leave your car here?” asked Shin young.

“Nope because I came here by bus” stated Donghae.

“You by bus?”

“Yup. It was an interesting experience. I almost got lost.”

“Wow! I can’t believe Lee Donghae took a bus.  How you do it? You have to take two bus and it’s like an hour half.”

“Well I did it. Don’t you see me here?”

Shin young somehow was touched by his action today.  They both got into the car and where on their way to eat. Once they got to the restaurant they ordered their food.

“How about we start all over” suggested Donghae.

“Sure”

“Hello my name is Lee Donghae. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Hello my name is Shin Young-In, but just call me Shin young”

“So how old are you Shin young?”

“I am 24 years old and you?”

“I am also 24 years old, so I guess we drop the formal talk.”

            After they finished eating they talked about their dreams.

“Since I was little boy I wanted to be a singer.” said Donghae.

“Then why aren’t you?”

“Cuz my dad never allowed me, which is funny because he owns SJ entertainment.  He has always been like that. Choosing things for me and not listening to what I have to say.”

“Maybe he didn’t want people to think you got in through his power.”

“Nope. He says that business runs to my blood not entertainment.”

“Well I pretty sure it is because he wants what is best for you.”

“Now you sound just like my mother.” said Donghae.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” asked Shin young.

“It is a good thing. It shows you have a kind heart like my mom. Anyways what was your dream?”

            Shin young was flustered and try to compose herself.

“Unlike you I was always changing my dream. When I was a little girl I dreamed of getting marry and having a family. When I was around 14 I dream of traveling the world. Then at 16 I dream of helping others especially children. So now I am accomplishing my third dream. I do a lot of community service and I go play with the children at orphanages.”

“Wow you got a big heart.” commented Donghae.

“Thank you for the compliment. I actually am supporting three orphanages for now. I hope I will be able to help more children later on.”

            After their little talk Donghae was on his way to drop off Shin young.

“We are here” said Dongahe.

“Hey Donghae, do you want to come with me tomorrow to the orphanage?”

“Sure”

“You left your car at my house?”

“Yes so I won’t have to call a taxi from here to my house. By the way I could I go upstairs to your apartment because I left my bracelet on the counter.”

“Okay”

            They went upstairs to her apartment.

“Here it is” said Donghae.

            Donghae was trying to on the bracelet on by himself, but could not. Shin young then offered her help.

“You didn’t go home for 2 days. Were your parents angry with you?” asked Shin young who finished helping Donghae.

“My mom was worry and my dad was angry. Then he found out I was with you and he was okay.”

“Why was your father better when he heard you were with me?’

“Because he wants me to marry you.”

“About that-“

“Let’s not talk about it right now. Okay. Do you want to see something cool?” declared Donghae.

“What?”

            Donghae showed Shin young his fist and told her to blow. Donghae put his hand behind her ears. He then made a coin appear from Shin young’s ear.

“Cool right?” said Donghae.

“That is old”

“Ya! Pretend to be amazed at least.”

“Do you want something to drink?”

“Did you just ignore me?” questioned Donghae.

“WOW! YOU’RE SO COOL! So do you want water or juice?”

“Aish. Anyways how about we drink beer?”

“I don’t have any beer or soju. I ran out” stated Shin young.

“Then let’s buy. I will pay.”

“Okay if you pay then let’s go.”

Shin young and Donghae went to the convenience store nearby. They bought beer, soju, and chocolate ice cream that Shin young wanted.

“Maybe we should have not bought the beer” suddenly said Shin young as they entered her apartment.

“Why?”

“Because it is late and you have to drive.”

“Well I can stay here again, right?’ asked Donghae.

“Don’t you think you’re getting a little too comfortable in this house?”

“Come on just one more night. You said it yourself that it’s late and I have to drive. Plus it will be waste if we don’t drink what we bought.” pleaded Donghae.

“Fine.”

They sat on the floor leaning their back on the sofa. They put everything they bought on the little table. After having a few drinks and telling stories, Donghae felt hot.

“It got hot in here” said Donghae while ing shirt.

“Hey what are you doing?” questioned Shin young.

“What don’t tell me you have never seen a guy’s upper body before?”

“I can’t say never but still.” replied Shin young who turned the other way.

“Don’t worry I have something underneath. It’s not like I am going to do something to you.”

            Shin young turned around and starred at Donghae.

“What do I have something on me? Oh! I know you are amazed at my muscles.” bragged Donghae.

“Whe-where did you get that necklace?”

            Donghae looked in confusion and notice the piece of puzzle necklace he had on.

“This. I didn’t mean to steal it. I just found it in-“

“Take it off. I SAID TAKE IT OFF!” demanded Shin young who eyes were watery.

            Donghae had took off the necklace and handed it back to her.

“I am sorry Shin young.”

“Where did you this?”

“I found it in the left pocket of the shirt you gave me to change. I liked because it looked like a little kid made it. Plus it reminded of a memory from my childhood that I almost forgot. I tried it on and forgot to take it off. Oh before I forget.”

            Dongahe had taken a small card from his pocket.

“I found this with the necklace. I almost forgot to give it to you and don’t worry I didn’t read the little card.

“Why didn’t I notice before” said Shin young as she opened the small card. She read it to herself.

                        Dear daughter,

How long will it take you to realize this letter? Whenever that is I hope you are living happily. My little girl is slowing growing up and turning until a beautiful young lady. I guess I have to start letting go, but even if I do I will always be there for you. As your dad I feel sorry for many things, but one thing for sure is that your mother and I love you very much. Today I take off my piece of puzzle and put it in the left pocket, which is closest to the heart. The next owner of this necklace should be your prince charming. I know I should say these things in person, but I am not good at it. I wish you the best happiness my little angel. I know you will accomplish everything you want in life. Shin Young-In Fighting!! I love you!!

Love,

      DAD

            Shin young’s tears fell down her cheeks. Donghae did not know what to or say. He was clueless how to comfort her especially since he did not know what was wrong. The one thing he hated the most in the whole wide world was a girl crying because he felt uncomfortable. That is why he did not make girls cry or left before they did. Donghae slowly extended his arm and stopped before his hand touched her shoulder. He froze because he did not know if giving her a pat on the back or leaving her alone would be better. Shin young noticed Donghae’s good intentions. She moved her upper body closer to Dongahe and embraced him. Dongahe was shocked at first, but eventually wrapped his arms around her.

“Are you okay?” asked Donghae.

“Yes. Can we remain like this a little longer? Just for today. I need someone to lean on right now.”


HI HI HI!!!!! I tried to update as fast as possible. Thank You for the comments and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And do not forget to comment and subscribe!