Luhan

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

 

I was almost asleep when I heard a noise from downstairs, followed by the creaking of the front door. Half of me wanted to hide in case it was Anonymous, but the other half hoped that it was Sehun.

Stop being a coward. Even if it is Anonymous, you have to stand up and fight. Don’t be such a baby.

With a deep breath I pushed myself out of bed and headed downstairs with a small flashlight in hand. I kept the light off so as not to give away my position. I hurried to a window and scanned the moonlit land. My eyes caught sight of a dark figure moving away from Keunjib, toward the fighting arena.

“Okay,” I closed my eyes and sat against the wall. “I have to do this. If it’s Sehun I can’t let him go without saying goodbye. And if it’s Anonymous, I need to protect Phoebe and the others.”

I stood up and headed toward the door. If I thought about it any longer I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it, so I hurried out after the figure, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

When I got to the fighting arena, I was surprised the find the figure sparring on their own. There was something comforting yet fearful about the person, so I decided to sit and watch for a little while before confronting them. They had their own personal touch in the way they held the sword. It was as if they had developed their own, new way of fighting, which intrigued me. I strained my eyes to make out the face of the fighter. After a long stare I concluded it was a female, due to the way they moved and their semi long hair. Finally I got a good view of the person’s face, and I knew exactly who it was.

I watched from my hiding spot while Phoebe practiced in the dark. Her body moved gracefully with her sword which shimmered in the little bit of moonlight we had. Each jab she took had a purpose and was backed up by confidence. I sat back against a rock and sighed. Phoebe had become a fighter that I was envious of in only a short time, and it made me like her even more.

I peaked around the rock again to watch her, but to my dismay she was nowhere in sight. Sitting back in confusion, I suddenly became conscious of something behind me. I was about to turn around when a sword slipped around in front of my neck.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Phoebe's voice hissed in my ear.

My voice seemed to be lost in the wind...

"Answer," she pulled the sword closer against the bottom of my chin. "I'm not afraid anymore."

"Phoebe," I finally squeaked.

"Luhan?" she remarked with surprise, but didn't lower her sword.

"Yeah um, could you lower your sword or just kill me already?"

After a second of hesitation she finally let me go. I gasped in relief and sat back against the boulder once again.

"Sorry," she apologized while sheathing her sword. "I wanted to make sure it was really you and not an Anon pretending."

"You couldn't tell it was really me?" I asked in slight disappointment.

"You can never be too careful," she replied simply, sitting down next to me.

A few seconds of silence passed before I spoke up again. "You seem different Phoebe."

"I am different," she replied. "After what happened to Kris the other day, I've decided that I'm not afraid of Anonymous anymore. Honestly I'm angry! The fact that they think they can just come in and take whatever they want from us... it's not right!"

Keep calm. You can do this. It's now or never.

"I know," I replied, slipping my hand into hers. "But we will get through this. Together we can defeat Anonymous; I just know we will! Plus, we have you now."

"Me," she let out a small laugh. "I'll do my very best, I promise, but I'm just like you guys. I can fall just as easily."

"But you won't fall," I whispered, turning to face her while she did the same. "I'd give my life before I let anything happen to you." I tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear and smiled. Her big brown eyes stared into mine, unsure of what I was doing. However, I didn't stop. Everything was going too perfectly. Our faces were so close now and I felt my eyes beginning to close. I leaned in closer, our lips just short of making contact, when suddenly the sound of voices met our ears.

"What was that?!" Phoebe sprang to attention, pulling out her sword.

I pulled my dagger out of my holster and peaked around the boulder. My eyes picked up on three figures moving through the dark. I clutched my knife in anger. It was bad enough that Phoebe and I had been interrupted, but by Anonymous? They had crossed wayyyy over the line now.

I was about to storm out from behind the rock when Phoebe placed a hand on my arm. "Wait," she whispered. "Look closer."

My eyes strained through the dark to see the figures’ faces. Just then I realized how they were walking. Rather than marching with confidence, they seemed to stumble and drag their feet. I also noticed that there were four beings; not three. One was supporting another who looked practically lifeless. Phoebe’s grip on my arm tightened and I looked at her in concern.. We stood up at the same time and began running toward our friends. As we neared them, D.O. pulled out his sword.

“It’s us!” I shouted. “It’s Phoebe and Luhan!”

“Luhan?” one of the voices called.

Baekhyun lit up his hands as we approached them. It was then that we realized in what bad shape they all were. I also discovered who the stumbling figure was.

“Sehun…” I whispered under my breath, relieving Chanyeol of his burden and taking my brother in my arms. His eyes fluttered, but never fully opened. Bruises covered his face and he’d bled through the cloth they’d tied around his waist. “What happened?” I asked, trying to keep control of my emotions.

“Anonymous found us,” Baekhyun spoke up solemnly. “They said it was our last chance to give them what they wanted. We didn’t know what it was and we told them that, but they didn’t believe us.”

“A fight broke out,” Chanyeol continued for his friend who was getting teary-eyed. “It was a hopeless battle for us, so we had no choice but to retreat.”

“Where’re Kai and Suho?” Phoebe spoke up. Chanyeol’s face immediately darkened and Baekhyun looked away.

“They sacrificed themselves so we could escape,” D.O. said while fighting back tears. “Kai wouldn’t leave Suho, so they went together. We barely made it out alive, even with their help.” He glanced at Sehun.

I looked down at my little brother who lay helplessly in my arms. “How long has he been like this?”

“A day.”

“Come on,” I adjusted my brother in my arms and turned back toward Keunjib. “We need to get him to Lay immediately.”

As we walked I kept glancing down at Sehun’s beaten face. “Hang in there brother,” I whispered. “Lay will fix you. Everything is going to be okay again.”