Phoebe

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

I burst out of the building feeling safe, but found myself in an even worse situation. An army of Anons stretched out in the street before me. My friends were in a bunch right in front, though there were only six of them now. Each had a sword held to their throat.

“Let them go!” I screamed to whoever would listen.

“Haha, hello there Celeste,” a voice cackled from somewhere to my right. I turned to see what was obviously the Anonymous leader. “You’ve caused us a lot of trouble.”

“Me?” I remarked. “What the heck have I done?! You’re the ones that decided to start a war just to get a girl that’s too young for you anyway. Haven’t you heard about online dating?”

“Quiet!” he slapped me across the face. I opened my eyes to see Luhan struggling against the Anon who held him. He was furious and looked at me in desperation. However I knew he’d only struggle to death, so I told him to calm down with my eyes, then turned back to the leader.

“Would you mind at least explaining why you want me so much? I mean, I should at least get to know the reason behind my death.”

“Death?” the Anon chuckled. “Why would we tear apart dozens of planets just to kill our prize, Celeste? How does that make any sense?”

“Why do you keep calling me that?!” I stomped angrily.

“Let’s see if I can refresh your memory,” he smiled. “You see, one hundred years from now, the discovery of your planet will be celebrated. But a few months later, so will its destruction.”

“My planet… Earth is already discovered you ding-dong!”

“Ahhh, but you’re from Seraphina, Celeste! A planet unknown to this galaxy now, but will someday be recognized for their advanced fighting skills and wisdom.”

“What?” I scrunched my nose.

The Anon smiled, “My army’s fighting grew predictable for you, didn’t it?”

“…yes,” I nodded, remembering how easy it was to read their body language.

“That’s because, for you, it is an old fighting technique. It has been picked apart and taught to you, along with many other types of fighting. The type you are used to is much more advanced, thanks to one hundred years of experimentation,” he explained.

“Are you trying to tell me I’m from the future?” I gave him a skeptical look.

“I’m not trying to tell you; I am telling you. You know it too. Just think of some of the odd things that have happened; weird feelings that something will go a certain way, or knowing where things are before they get there. All of this is history to you. In your brain, it has already happened.”

“That’s ridiculous!” I shook my head.

“Think about it.”

Suddenly events began to fall into place. Those strange feelings I got and even the vision while I was in the factory with Tao… There was no other explanation.

“Well, if I really am from the future,” I went on cautiously. “Then why am I here?”

“Didn’t I already answer this? Your planet was destroyed; well, will be destroyed. Your father was a scientist who experimented in time travel. Since you were to die with your planet anyway, they figured the only chance they had in keeping you alive was sending you back in time. Even if it failed, at least they tried right?” the Anon explained.

Memories came flying back to me at the speed of light. The scene began to take shape in my mind; entering the time machine. I remembered there being water and a chair and lights, and then everything going black.

“I- I’m still confused as to why you want me though,” I said, trying to keep up my tough image as more memories hit me. “What use am I?”

“So naive,” the leader shook his head. “For obtaining immense knowledge, you are blind to the obvious.” He noticed me glancing at Luhan and smiled. “Blinded by love too I see.”

“Get on with it!” I snapped and he pulled out his sword. My first reaction was to grab mine, but then I remembered he needed me alive, so there was no way he was going to kill me.

“Watch your tone,” he glared. “Because with one flick of that warrior’s wrist, it’ll be lights out for your little boyfriend.”

My heart wrenched at his words and I took a deep breath. The Anon smiled a sick smile, enjoying his control over me. I tried not to think about it and moved on.

Please, answer my question,” I put my hands on my hips.

“That’s better,” he sheathed his sword. “Because you are from the future, you already know what will happen. You also have immense knowledge and fighting skills to begin with. You’re the prefect weapon all wrapped up in a cute little package.”

I rolled my eyes. “So what? You want to use me to take over the universe because I hold “secrets to the future” or something?”

“Now she’s catching on!” he remarked to one of his fighters. “We’ve had to destroy many planets during our search for you, but finally our work has paid off!”

“You what?!” I shrieked.

“Well what did you expect? Finding one girl in the whole universe is more difficult than you think. Plus, we couldn’t risk the chance of another planet finding you first. It was better this way.”

“Better this way?! How is death ever the better option?!”

“You tell me,” he raised an eyebrow, glancing at my sword.

I bit my bottom lip and stared at him icily, wishing I could take some of Xiu Min’s power to freeze this guy.

“Wait,” I suddenly thought of something. “How do you know all of this? Are you from the future too?”

“Oh no Celeste, I am from this time. However, the story of how I obtained this information is actually quite interesting. You see, your parents sent a note back with you and gave you specific directions to find a certain man. Your father had spoken with him through a device he’d made that enabled time travel for messages. In the letter you came with, he explained what had happened and asked for the man to take care of you.”

“And that man is…?”

“You’re closer in relation to him than you think,” he smiled. “Take a look at your friends over there,” he nodded toward the group and I looked over at them. All of their faces were written over in confusion and worry. All, that is, except for Kris’s.

“Kris,” I whispered under my breath.

“Don’t feel too harshly toward him,” the Anon spoke up. “After all, it wasn’t him, but his father.”

“I didn’t know the whole story until now,” Kris spoke up, but the Anon guarding him only pulled the sword closer against his throat.

Suddenly Tao burst out the doors of the factory. He had a black eye, but otherwise he was okay. A soldier immediately grabbed him and brought him to join the group.

“What the…” he mumbled, taking in the surroundings.

“You’re just in time to for the show,” the leader Anon smiled. “You see, Mr. Wu was very good to Celeste. He kept her safe in a hidden room in his office. He never mentioned anything to his family, for fear of the secret slipping out. You can imagine how many species would be after her if they found out about her existence. One day, Mr. Wu’s secretary walked into his office while he was in the secret room with Celeste. He had left the secret door open, and the secretary discovered the secret. Mr. Wu thought he could trust her, but it’s funny what alcohol can to do you. That night she went out for a few drinks, and ended up revealing the secret to the whole bar. Most probably shrugged it off, but it just so happens that one of my men was visiting Exo Planet that night and happened to be in that exact same bar. He reported what he had heard to the mother ship and we immediately began to investigate.”

“I found Mr. Wu getting ready to leave his office the next night. The building was empty except for him. Well, long story short, Mr. Wu was no hero. He was nothing more than a coward who feared for his own life more than the existence of his species. I simply held my knife up to him and he confessed everything. He told me where you were from and what you were capable of. It’s funny how he thought it would save his life,” the Anon chuckled.

“He told you what you wanted!” Kris shouted. “Why did you kill him?!”

“I was only doing you a favor,” he smiled. “What child wants a coward for a father?”

“I was there when you killed him!” Kris screamed. “I was hiding around the corner and listened to his sorry cries. I had to listen to you choke my own father to death! Phoebe,” he looked at me. “I swear I didn’t know it was you! I knew my father had let out secrets for his life, but believe me when I say that I had no idea you were what they were talking about!”

“Well Celeste was there too,” the Anon sighed. “Thanks to your knowledge you knew what was happening and escaped. We searched all over for you, starting with this disgraceful planet. We tore apart the galaxy! Who knew you’d been here all this time.” Suddenly his face darkened. “But enough talking. It’s time for us to take our prize and leave.”

“You can’t take her!” Luhan shouted.

“Really?” the Anon turned to him. “Because, I think I am!”

The two Anons reached for my arms again. However, I reached for my sword and took them both out in one motion. I turned around to face the leader, but instead found myself at the point of his sword.

“If you come easily, we’ll spare the lives of your boyfriend and his friends. Oh, and of course the son of the man who betray you,” he smirked. 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I know a lot of you are upset that characters are dying. I actually wrote this story for myself because I need practice with different stories because I want to be a writer. It was honestly a summer project for me. I decided to post it on here at the last minute, just for the heck of it. Sorry if you guys are upset, but I wrote this to before of a real story and as a real story this is how it turned out and I decided that I liked it and wanted to keep it. Normally I write for my readers and make decisions based on my biases, but this time I wanted to write one for myself. I actually have many versions that I've written. If you've read any of my other stories, you know that I usually write happy stories. I just needed a change, and to be honest this was the most fun story to write! 
(And I'm not saying this to be heartless. I actually cried when I wrote about my bias dying. But it's just how my fingers typed it.)