Luhan

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

 

*While Phoebe was passed out…*

I fought against my captors who carried me in a bundle of ropes. A cloth had been stuffed in my mouth and my whole body tied so there was no chance of escape. When I noticed what direction we were headed I knew exactly where they were taking me. I was to fall to my death, splattered across the bottom of a canyon for whatever critters were left on this planet to pick my bones.

Finally we stopped at the edge of the cliff and they set me down on the ground. The Anonymous leader approached me. Phoebe was in the arms of two others a few feet away. It killed me that she was there so helplessly, and I could do nothing.

“It’s sad really,” the Anon said as he stopped in front of me. “The prince doesn’t get to save the princess, or even say goodbye.”

I glared at the ugly creature, mentally burning him with my eyes. It was then that I really wished I had Chanyeol’s fire power.

“But I guess that’s reality, isn’t it. There’s never any real closure, just loose endings. The story doesn’t have to be complete for an ending to come; it can just stop where it is. No goodbyes, no last words, just a few last thoughts on your death bed.”

I winced as he kicked my stomach, curling up into a ball and squeezing my eyes shut.

“She shouldn’t have expected much from such a weak prince anyway,” he scoffed, then looked back at Phoebe. “Take a last look, Flower Boy, and be thankful I’m even giving you that much.”

I stared at Phoebe, longing to take her in my arms and wake her up. My promise to never leave her side would become a lie if I let this happen. I had to be with her and protect her, yet I lay there helplessly on the ground waiting to die.

“I guess this is your goodbye,” the Anon laughed, grabbing my feet while another took my shoulders. They brought me to the edge and swung me once…

What can I do? It all can’t end like this! Sehun, Chen, Lay… all of them counted on me. I can’t let their deaths be meaningless.

Twice…

I’m sorry Phoebe. I’m sorry that I can’t keep my promise, nor be your knight in shining armor. You deserve better than this, please forgive me.

They let go of my body and I soared over the edge, plummeting into a freefall.

…………

My mind was blank. The ground approached as quickly as my last seconds of life slipped away, yet I couldn’t think of one thing.

As the ground beckoned me toward it, ready to take my life at any second, one last thought popped into my head. I closed my eyes, gathered up all my strength, and thought of one thing… levitation.

I opened my eyes to see the rocky canyon floor only inches away from my face. In my time of death I’d done the unthinkable and levitated myself. All my life I’d wondered if I could perform telekinesis on another person, but not once did it cross my mind to try it on myself. My body slowly lowered itself until I was securely on the ground once again.

I lay there for a minute, breathing deeply and still trying to wrap my mind around what I had done. Then another thought crossed my mind. Was I the only one left? Were Kris, Chanyeol and the others still alive?

After some work I managed to spit out the cloth. Anonymous was surely gone by now, so I decided calling for help was the best option I had; that is… if anyone else was still alive.

After about twenty minutes of yelling, my throat became sore. I tried rolling over to a rock and cut the ropes with that, but it wasn’t going very well.

“Luhan!”

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I looked up to see Kris flying in above me. He began untying my ropes as soon as he landed.

“I thought you were dead!

 “And I thought you were dead,” I replied, shaking out my sore wrists and rubbing my ankles.

“We lost everyone else back there, he informed me, throwing the ropes to the side. “Where’s Phoebe?”

“They took her,” I boosted myself up onto my feet.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m not just going to sit here. I have to go save her.”

“Are you nuts?! She’s on the Anonymous ship now! There’s no way we can get her back!”

“Look,” I said straightly. “I didn’t save myself so I could live an unhappy life alone on this planet. I did it so I could save Phoebe. She means the world and more to me. I’m going to save her, or at least die trying.” I began walking down the canyon, trying to figure out how to get to Anonymous’s ship.

Could I levitate myself into space? That’s a little crazy… I barely caught myself just now. Maybe-

Suddenly someone grabbed under my arms and my feet lifted off the ground.

“You can’t do this alone,” Kris shouted above the wind. “Plus, a leader needs to stick with his troops until the end.”

 “I could hug you right now!”

“I’d rather you not.”

I smiled to myself; same old Kris.

“So how do you plan on getting to the ship?” I asked.

“It’s a good thing you have me,” he sighed. “Because you’re too love struck to think straight.”

I was about to protest when I saw the mushroom rocks ahead of us. My mind raced back to the night Phoebe and I went exploring, and I realized how stupid I was not to have thought of this sooner.

We hit the ground running as we entered the cave, praying the fighter ship was where we had found it the first time. To our relief it was still there, though neither of us were sure it would even work.

“Have you ever driven a ship before?” I asked as we climbed in.

“Nope,” he replied, flicking on the lights and finding the engine starter. “I suggest you buckle up. This will be a bumpy ride.”

I made sure the belt was securely fastened around me and held my breath as the engine gained power. Kris flipped a few switches and pressed some buttons.

“There’s the windshield wipers,” I observed. “Too bad it hasn’t rained in three years.”

“Will you shut up and let me drive,” Kris snapped, switching off the wipers and turning on the headlights.

“Fine,” I sighed, “Now just- ahhh!”

The ship jerked forward and we shot through the cave at the speed of light. It was a miracle we even made it out of there, but once we were out we headed straight for the sky.

“We’re coming Phoebe,” I whispered under my breath. “Just hang in there. I’ll be your knight in shining armor.”