Phoebe

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

 

*Back to current time…*

A door suddenly burst open, stealing both our attention. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the person’s face.

“How…” the Anon started.

“Miss me?” Kris smiled, holding up his sword.

“I killed you!”

“No, but now I’ll kill you!” Kris charged the ugly monster and the two engaged in a furious battle.

My mind screamed to be let loose from my ringing torture as I watched the two fight. Each second drove my crazier and crazier to the point where I wasn’t sure I could take it anymore. I was barely breathing and all blood was surely gone from my hands and feet.

I felt a hand on my arm and managed to catch a glimpse of someone by my side.

“Phoebe, what is this?” Luhan asked in a hushed voice.

“A- I’m… turn it off,” I pleaded, relieved and shocked to hear his voice.

“How?” he hurried over to the control panel and looked around frantically.

“Red… switch…”

The sound came to an abrupt stop and all my muscles released at the same time. I gasped for oxygen and tried to blink away the blurriness in my eyes while Luhan released me from the machine’s grasp.   

“No!”

We both looked up to see the Anon charging toward us. Kris lay on the floor against the wall holding his stomach. I slipped Luhan’s knife out of his belt and held it up just as the Anon reached me. His face dropped and froze. His eyes slowly made their way down to the knife sticking out of his chest. Luhan and I watched as the Anon’s eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed at our feet.

Luhan opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him, throwing my arms around his neck and placing a kiss on his lips. “I thought you were dead! They said they killed you!”

“You can’t get rid of me that easily,” he smiled, placing a hand behind my neck. “I’m supposed to be your knight in shining armor; remember?”

I smiled, kissing him once again in joy. However, I pulled away suddenly, remembering our fallen leader. “Kris!” we both ran over to him, kneeling by his side.

“How bad is it?” I placed a hand on his shoulder. The wound looked worse from closer up. It had probably punctured vital organs, leading to the obvious.

“I’m o-okay,” he struggled.

“You can’t go too, Kris,” Luhan pleaded.

“I can heal you!” I exclaimed, putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t be silly,” he shook his head, using the wall to push himself back up. “I’m fine. We need to get out of here. I came up with a plan of how we can use that torture machine to wire a bomb. Thank goodness I learned how to make a bomb during military training.”

“You were going into the military?” I questioned, helping him across the room with Luhan’s assistance.

“Yup,” he nodded, propping himself against the machine as he set to work. “My father wanted me to follow in his footsteps, but I enlisted instead. It was always my dream to help protect my planet. Luhan, can you watch that far door? The last thing we want right now are unexpected visitors.”

Luhan hurried across the room with his knife to stand guard.

“Well, you’ve done a good job,” I said.

“A good job doing what?” Kris inquired, cutting a wire and tying it with another.

“Defending your planet. You’ve probably done more in the past five months than other soldiers have done throughout their entire careers.”

“Well,” he grunted, struggling with something inside the machine. “I hope this bomb is what it takes to end it all.”

“It’ll work. I know it will!”

“I hope you’re right,” he sighed.

“Two Anons coming this way!” Luhan whisper-shouted, getting in a ready stance with his knife. I drew my sword and joined him by the door. Within seconds the Anons were through the door, standing at our sword points.

“Don’t move-,”

The Anons reacted at the same time; drawing their swords and attacking our own. I took one Anon out in a clean swipe, then assisted Luhan with the other.

“You really need a sword,” I shook my head, staring at his knife. “Here.” I picked up one of the abandoned Anon swords and handed it to him. “Keep it with you all the time.”

“Thanks,” he smiled, slightly embarrassed.

“It’s ready,” Kris informed us, hobbling across the room. “We should have five minutes; but I can’t guarantee anything. The ship’s hanger should only be about three minutes away by foot if we don’t get lost. We’ll have to hurry.”

“Let’s go,” I pushed open the door with my sword ready.

We hurried down the first corridor without encountering a single Anon. In the second hall I took out one wandering enemy with ease, enabling us to continue moving on unnoticed.

After about two to three minutes, we came to a short hallway. At the end was a sign that read “hanger.”

“We made it!” I smiled, running toward the large, double-doored entrance with Luhan on my heels. We were about to swing open the door when I looked back, immediately stopping in my tracks.

“Kris,” I ran back to where he’d collapsed on the floor. “We’re almost there! You have to get up!” I propped him up against the wall.

“You did well,” the leader forced a painful smile, shaking his head. “Finish strong. I know you two can do it.”

“Don’t talk like that!” Luhan exclaimed. “We can make it; all of us!”

“The wound is deep. It’s already too late for me.”

“I can heal you,” I said, placing both hands on his body and concentrating.

“There’s not enough time,” Kris shook his head. “You two go. Someone has to make it out alive.”

“We’re not leaving unless you’re with us,” I stated.

Kris rolled his head back, leaning it against the wall. “Phoebe, I’m sorry-,”

“Don’t even!” I snapped. “It wasn’t your fault. You aren’t your father. He was a good man who made a bad decision. I don’t hold anything against you or him, so you shouldn’t either.”

“Aigoo, you’re something,” Kris let out a tired chuckle.

“That’s what they tell me,” I mumbled, focusing on Kris’s slowly healing body.

“There’s not enough time,” he repeated, closing his eyes.

“Shut up and heal you bai chi!” I shouted, using so much energy that it was even making me tired.

“Wow,” I heard Luhan whisper under his breath. “It’s actually working!”

A smile flickered across my face as I continued the healing. Kris kept telling me to stop, but hearing each request get stronger and stronger only encouraged me to keep going.

“The wound is practically gone,” Luhan shook his head and I opened my eyes. In place of the big, bloody gash was a small cut.

“How do you feel internally?” I asked.

“A lot better,” he replied. “That was incredible.”

“Come on,” I grabbed both their hands, pulling them to the door. “We’ll be in pieces if we stand around marveling about it!”

We ran to the nearest ship, hopping inside. Kris took the driver’s seat while Luhan and I sat behind him.

“Quick, start it!” Luhan exclaimed as Kris flicked a bunch of switches. “Not the windshield wipers again! Why do you always-,”

“Shut up and let me drive!”

I didn’t even have my buckle on when we shot forward.

“The exit is the other way,” Luhan shouted.

“Who says that’s the only way out?!” Kris shouted back as the whole cabin shook.

“Kriiiiiiis!” I screamed, grabbing Luhan’s hand as we barreled straight toward the side of the ship which was made fully of glass.

Luhan squeezed my hand and I closed my eyes. This could either be our ticket home, or our death sentence. But no matter what, it was the only way.

Glass shattered as we broke out of the ship. After a second or so I opened my eyes to find us all still alive.

“We made it!” I exclaimed joyfully. “K-,”

A giant shock wave hit us as the Anonymous ship exploded in a giant mass behind us.

“Go! Go! Go!” Luhan shouted as the balloon of fire reached out toward us.

Our little fighter ship was going at its fastest speed, but it still didn’t look possible for us to make it. However, Kris was a better driver than I anticipated, and out of some miracle we made it out of the wreckage.

“Thank goodness!” Luhan hugged me. However, our celebration was short lived.

“We’re going too fast!” he said, pulling away and staring out the windshield. “We’ll crash!”

“Who ever said we were going to Exo Planet?” Kris smiled, jerking us in a different direction.

“What?” Luhan furrowed his brow.

“Exo planet has nothing to offer us anymore,” Kris replied. “We’d be going back to nothing.”

I stared out the back window as the planet grew smaller in the distance.

“Thank you,” I whispered under my breath. My friends had given up so much to keep me alive. “If things worked out as I hoped they would, then wherever you are, please be safe.”

“So where do you expect us to go?” Luhan asked.

“We can go to my planet,” I turned back to face him.

“But how will that work?” he inquired, “You technically haven’t even been born yet.”

“I’m not sure,” I admitted. “But I do know it’s the only place we have at this point. Plus, they’ll have to accept us when they see I’m one of them, right?”

“…Let’s hope,” Kris sighed.

“Hey, now we’ll get to see your grandparents as children!” Luhan pointed out.

“That’s true!” I smiled. “And Kris!”

“Yes?”

“The girls from my planet are really pretty and love tall guys, so you shouldn’t have a problem fitting in.”

A grin spread across his face and he sat up a little straighter in his seat.

“What about me?” Luhan pouted.

“Together for the next hour or for eternity, right?” I held up my pinky.

“For eternity,” he smiled, locking pinkies with mine.

 

 

 

Author's Note: It's finally over! Omo, so this has by far been my favorite story to write, and I can't believe the updates are finally done today! Thank you to those of you who stuck with me all the way through this. I know it's not your typical fanfic, but I didn't want it to be. So again, thank you, and I hope you enjoyed the story!

Please look forward to this story's sequal, "Exo Planet: El Dorado." 
I am an a semi-hiatus due to school, so please wait patiently for the sequal. I have been working hard and am super excited for this second story^^

SNEAK PEAK:

 

“Phoebe?” The voice triggered my memory.

“There’s only one month left.”

Suddenly I was in a concrete room, enclosed with iron bars. In the far corner sat Phoebe, chained and beaten. Her hair had been chopped off unevenly, and her hands were covered in dry blood.

“Phoebe!” I cried, running toward her. However, there was some invisible force that kept me from moving any closer.

 “We’re in danger. We need you guys….”

“What?”

Her words faded in and out, as if she was speaking over a radio with bad connection.

“…trying to get to my planet… captured… might not even work… my last hope… please… others…”

“I- I can’t hear you! What are you saying?” I prodded, straining my ears.

“Please come quickly,” her crackling voice begged. “We’re… galaxy…  Dorado.”

“Dorado?”

“There’s only enough strength together,” her voice came through as barely a whisper. “Come together. You have one month to break us free, or we’re gone.”

“Who is with you?” I asked hurriedly. “Who do I have to find?”

“Save us. Find the others. If all the pieces fit together by some miracle, then the other nine are somewhere close by. I might be wishing on a dead dream, but-” Her voice stopped with a sudden gasp.

“Phoebe?”

“…”

The connection went blank.