Phoebe

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

The dining hall was a separate building across from the house where we had been, which Luhan informed me was called Keunjib, meaning “The Big House” in Korean.

“How old are you?” I asked as he opened the door to the dining hall for me.

“In Earth years… twenty two, but here on Exo Planet I am forty four.”

“Wow, so two of your years are basically equal to one of mine?”

“Yes,” he nodded, leading me into a long room with a high ceiling.

There was a large, oval table in the middle of the room which was surrounded by thirteen chairs. The two empty ones I assumed were for Luhan and me. Everyone stopped talking when we entered and looked up at the two of us. Luhan nodded with a smile and hurried me to my seat before taking his own.

Unfortunately I was at the other end of the table from Kai, Kris, Suho and Luhan, but I was sitting next to Sehun. The other guy on my right had brown hair and gave off a cold feeling. It wasn’t cold like mean, but it was literally cold.

“Xiu Min,” he offered me his hand and I shook his bone chilling fingers.

“Phoebe,” I smiled. “Your hands are quite cold.”

He smirked then held them up, “Wanna see something cool?”

“Ummm, sure?”

He held his hands up to my glass of water, then gave them a as if something was pulsing through his fingers. The liquid immediately began to freeze until it was nothing but a block of ice.

I looked at him in shock, “How…?”

“We all have a talent; some cooler than others. I think mine is pretty sick if you ask me,” a smile played across his lips.

“Can I get one?”

“Will everyone quiet down please?” Kris stood up from his seat, leaving Xiu Min to only laugh at my question. “As you can see our guest has awoken. Her given name is unknown, but her Exan name is Phoebe. She is a survivor from Earth.”

Everyone stared at me in awe. Even Sehun shifted uncomfortably in his seat next to me.

“Do you know what she can do?” one of the boys, whose name I didn’t know, piped up.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Suho stood up next to Kris. “Right now our main goal is to make sure she feels welcome. She lost everything in Anonymous’ attack, even her planet. We will all introduce ourselves, naming our age in Earth years and our force. I will start.”

He looked directly at me with a smile, “I am Suho, twenty one, and I have the force of water.”

“My name is Kris, twenty two, and I have the force of dragon/flight.”

 “Hello, I am Luhan as you know; I am twenty two and have the gift of telekinesis!”

“What is telekinesis?” I asked.

He smiled, then held his hands out toward me. Suddenly my plate began to float in front of my face. With a flick of his fingers the dish was by his side.

“That is too cool,” I sat back in awe.

Luhan giggled happily, then returned the plate to its original position. The introductions proceeded.

“I am Lay, twenty one, and I have the power to heal.”

“My name is Tao. I am nineteen years old and I have time control.”

“I am Chen, twenty years of age, and I have the force of lightning and scorpions love me,” he smiled.

“Well as you know I’m Xiu Min. My age is twenty and I control frost as I demonstrated earlier,” he smiled proudly.

To my left Sehun spoke up. “I’m Th… Theh… Sehun, eighteen, and my force is wind.”

“Baekhyun! I am twenty years old and I control light!”

“Annyeong haseyo, my name is D.O. I am nineteen and my power is within the earth.”

“I am Chanyeol! I’m a peppy twenty year old with good looks and the power of the flame!”

“Lastly, I am Kai. I am eighteen and I can teleport.”

Kai sat down and the room fell silent. I looked around awkwardly until I made eye contact with Luhan. He gave me a look that told me it was my turn.

“Oh um,” I stood up so quickly that my chair would’ve crashed on the floor if Luhan hadn’t caught it with his levitation skills.

“Thank you,” I mouthed to him, then looked around the table. “I’m Phoebe I guess… I’m from Earth and I really don’t know how old I am. My guess is maybe nineteen? And I have the power of nothing.”

“You have to be able to do something or else you wouldn’t even be here,” Lay spoke up.

“What do you mean?”

“Only beings that have some kind of power can dwell on this planet. We have twelve of the strongest, so that’s probably why we survived the attack. Your power doesn’t have to be anything big, but it has to be something.”

“Well… I can whistle!” I smiled hopefully. Luhan put his face in his hands and Baekhyun giggled, causing the amount of light in the room to flicker.

“We’ll work on it,” Suho sighed. “Now that all introductions have been made, it is time to eat. Kai, Luhan; if you will please?”

Kai disappeared from his chair while Luhan hurried to what I figured was the kitchen. After a few seconds Kai reappeared with a large bowl of something. Luhan came walking back in with utensils trailing behind him. The two went around placing utensils and serving the food.

“Salad?” I asked when Kai put a helping on my plate. “But it’s so dismal out there and the land looks so dry. How do you grow anything?”

“We have a secret greenhouse underground,” Xui Min explained. “Suho waters the plants while Baekhyun provides them with the sunlight they need to grow.”

“I’ll forever be in awe,” I sighed and stabbed a piece of lettuce. To my surprise it tasted… normal.

“So Phoebe,” Chen leaned forward to make eye contact with me. “You don’t remember anything that happened to you on Earth?”

“Nothing,” I shook my head.

“Gosh, that must .”

I shrugged, “There’s nothing I can do about it, so I guess the best thing to do is accept it and move on.”

“Such a good sport,” he smiled.

I smiled back, but then returned to eating my greens in silence. The truth was I wasn’t really sure if I wanted my memory back. Though I didn’t know why or how, I got the feel that my life wasn’t all butterflies and happiness. Sadness and regret lay somewhere in my past. A rough life filled with pain. Maybe it was because of the one memory I found somewhere tucked in the back of my mind. It was a short clip, but I could distinctly see someone’s hand coming at me; striking my face. Shortly after was a sharp pain in my arm; that was all.

------------------------------

When dinner was over and the dishes washed, the group headed outside for who knows what. However, Luhan and Sehun were assigned to show me to my room.

 “So are you two close?” I asked as we headed up the stairs.

“We’re brotherth,” Sehun explained.

“Half brothers,” Luhan clarified. “My Chinese mother married Sehun’s Korean father.”

“Ohhh; you know, you guys almost look like fraternal brothers!”

Sehun chuckled, “Everybody sayth that!”

Finally we stopped outside an old door with a picture of two moons engraved into the handle. Sehun twisted the golden knob, revealing a dark, musty room.

“This is where you’ll be staying,” Luhan flicked on the light switch, though it had little to no effect on the room’s dim atmosphere. “I hope you are comfortable. Baekhyun is in the room to your left; Chanyeol on the right. Lay is across the hall.”

“Where are your guys’ rooms?” I asked as my eyes searched over my cobweb-filled sleeping arrangement.

“We share a room at the east end of the hallway,” Sehun answered while attempting to fluff one of the lumpy pillows on the bed which only created a cloud of dust.

“Sorry we don’t have anything nicer,” Luhan apologized.

“Oh, it’s fine. I have a feeling it’s better than anything I’ve had in a long time,” I gave him a fake smile.

“What do you mean?”

“Never mind,” I brushed away the idea of telling them. After all, what if I was wrong? “Thank you.”

“See you tomorrow then,” the two waved as they exited the room.

“Night!” I waved back until the door closed securely behind them.