Phoebe

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

^Picture I took at the 2NE1 concert in Newark, NJ!!

 

Within two weeks time I had had some kind of training with each power. Certain ones I immediately took to (such as controlling frost or fire) while others proved to be more of a challenge (like teleportation and time control). Telekinesis was my favorite, and Luhan would often let me borrow his power to practice whenever we had some down time.

I looked around nervously, standing on the front porch of Keunjib. This arid planet was creepy enough during the day, but at night it had this sort of haunted feel to it. My heart quickened at every shadow and my eyes began to play tricks on me. There was a man standing in the doorway of the dining hall. He had on a wide brimmed hat and wore a long overcoat. As I stared at him he pulled something out of his coat; a gun maybe? He pointed it at something in the distance and I swear he was about to shoot. However, with a blink of my eyes he was gone, a shadow and wooden post in his place.

Stop it mind. You’re not helping.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was about to scream, but the person covered my mouth with their hand.

“Shhhh, it’s just me,” their voice whispered in my ear.

“Gosh, Luhan!” I remarked in a harsh whisper after breaking from his grasp. “I almost had a heart attack! What took you so long?”

“Sorry,” he said sympathetically. “Sehun wouldn’t fall asleep.”

“Did anyone see you leave?”

“No; you?”

“Not that I know of. Why is it so bad to go out at night anyway?” I questioned while my heartbeat returned to normal.

“It’s for safety reasons, though I don’t know what there is to be safe from; besides Anonymous.”

“What do these Anonymous people want anyways?” I asked as we stepped off the porch and began walking across the dry land.

“Nobody really knows. But what we do know is that they won’t stop until they get it.”

“But if they didn’t find it her the first time, why would they come back?”

“That’s something you’d have to ask them,” he shrugged.

Once we were a safe distance from Keunjib Luhan the flashlight he’d brought.

“Nights here used to be much more beautiful. Now with all the debris in the atmosphere, many of the stars are blocked,” Luhan explained. “The brightness of our moons was so great that you could see just fine without a flashlight.”

“Moons?” I questioned.

“Yeah, we have two moons: Yeoljeong and Jihye. Or in English: Passion and Wisdom.”

“You named your moons Passion and Wisdom?” I chuckled.

“Hey, it’s better than just naming it “Moon,” he stuck his tongue out at me.

“I didn’t choose the name!”

“I’m just kidding,” he laughed.

We finally reached the place Luhan had told me about. I had to admit that he was right about one thing; the rock formations really did resemble large mushrooms.

“Come on!” he shouted as he began jumping from rock to rock.

“Are they stable?” I asked cautiously while slowly stepping onto one of the rocks.

“They held me didn’t they?”

“Well you’re like a stick!”

“You’re not much better!”

I smiled to myself, happy to have tricked Luhan into calling me slender. “Fine, let’s go.” We hopped across the mushroom rocks until they ended at the base of a huge plateau.

“There’s a cave around here somewhere,” he said while searching over the face of the rock with his flashlight. “Ah, here it is.” He began to enter the dark opening.

“Wait!” I hurried over and grabbed his arm. “Are you insane? Anything could be in there!”

“The only things that can live on this rotten planet right now are snakes, scorpions and us. If we see one of the other two I’ll just move it out of our way.”

I giggled at the thought of Luhan mentally moving a snake through the air; the poor thing scared out of its mind.

“Why are we even out here anyway? Why couldn’t we just come during the day?” I asked, rubbing my arms for warmth.

“Kris and Suho would never let us explore on our own. I know I saw something in here the last time we came as a group, but Kris started freaking out on me and told us to leave the cave right away. Let’s go in.” He grabbed my shirt and pulled me along with him into the cave.

“It’s so dark,” I whispered, grabbing his arm. “I’m not a fan of the dark.”

“We have a flashlight.”

“Yeah, until the batteries go dead.”

“They’re not going to go dead. You’ve seen too many corny movies,” Luhan laughed.

“So, what is it you saw when you came last time?” My eyes finally began adjusting to the darkness and I ducked just in time to keep from running into a stalactite.

“I don’t know; but the flashlight hit it at just the right angle. It shined, almost like metal,” he answered while scanning the walls. “Look at this.”

“Luhan!” I whisper-shrieked when his arm left my grasp. I searched blindly toward to flashlight. “Don’t ever leave me again!” I demanded, reuniting myself with his arm.

“Look at these drawings,” he said in awe, brushing his hand over the inscriptions on the wall.

“What are they?”

“I don’t know, but they seem to be about a person. See, look at this one.”

He showed the light on a drawing of a girl in what appeared to be a cage. Another person was standing next to the cage with something in his hand. Luhan moved the light to the next drawing. It was of a girl again, but this time she seemed to be in battle.

“These are weird,” he shook his head.

“They remind me of something,” I said, captivated by the drawings. “I feel like I’ve seen these before.”

Luhan gave me a surprised look. “Maybe you saw them in a book?” he tried.

“I don’t think so. I just can’t put my finger on where I saw them.”

“Well let’s keep going. Maybe you’ll remember later,” he suggested and we continued deeper into the cave.

The further we went, the colder and damper it got. Luhan noticed this and offered me his hoodie.

“Thanks,” I smiled, taking it with no delay.

I had gotten a little braver and began exploring on my own. The dark made it impossible to see much, but I could feel around with my hands.

“Phoebe, can I tell you something?” Luhan spoke up while I continued to explore.

“Sure, anything.”

“Well um, ever since you came I’ve really liked hanging out with you. You’re a really great person and I-,”

“What the heck?” I remarked, accidentally cutting Luhan off. However, my hands’ discovery seemed too interesting to ignore. “Luhan, can you shine the light over here?”

“Oh, sure,” he pointed the flashlight to where I was standing, or rather, what I was standing next to. We looked at each other with wide eyes, then back to the large hunk of metal.

 

I am sooooo sorry I couldn't update yesterday!!!! I got home late from NYC and had soccer practice the next morning. The 2NE1 concert was amazing!! And Dara kissed the guy standing right in front of me on the cheek! Korea Town, China Town, EVERYTHING was amazingggg!!!! I am hoping to make a blog post, but for now I'm uploading pictures to my tumblr and I have put CL's solo and Dara's solo fancams on youtube. I will be putting more up most likely!!! c: Anddddd I bought a 12 pack of Exo-K posters at this book store in K-town for only $25, and a B.A.P. poster and NU'EST poster for only $6 each! lsdhgdsklhgsd I love K-town<3333