Luhan

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

 

“Do you remember that night we snuck out on the roof and laid there looking up at the stars?” I asked Sehun, laying next to him on my back and staring at the ceiling with my hands behind my head. “You were so little then. It was when you wanted to be an astronaut. You told me that you’d be the first Exan to make it to a new galaxy. It would be named after us.”

 “You wanted it to be called Hunhan, but I said it should be Hanhun because I’m older,” I chuckled. “That was always my excuse wasn’t it? When you wanted to see the midnight showing of the “Brotherhood of War”, but I insisted we see “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” just because I was older.”

“To think, a few years ago we were in this exact theater room. We shared a bucket of popcorn and an extra large coke. You didn’t know it at the time, but I made sure to take the purple straw so you could get the green one. I guess I felt bad that I’d bullied you into watching what I wanted.”

I to my side and smiled at my brother. “We sure had some good arguments didn’t we? Like that time when umma kept yelling at you for leaving your backpack in the middle of the floor. She didn’t know that it was me moving it there from across the room. But you knew, didn’t you?” I bit my bottom lip and stared curiously at Sehun.

“Why didn’t you ever tell her it was me? I’m the big brother, so I’m supposed to be the one that gets in trouble, right? Maybe that’s why I did those things to you. I was jealous. Sometimes I thought umma liked you more than me.” My hand slipped into Sehun’s which was strangely cold and lifeless. “I’m sorry.”

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling again. “We had some great times though; like that time we went to Galaxy World for your twelfth birthday. There were those two blonde twins there and you kept saying how pretty they were. I told you to go talk to them, and you asked them to play Star Busters with you,” I laughed in memory of the embarrassing moment. “You dragged me into it too. But we sure whipped their butts didn’t we? We won all those tickets; enough to buy that rocket kit you’d been wanting for months, but instead you bought twin dolls for those girls. Aish, bai chi!” I shook my head.

 “The next day you complained to me about how much you wished you’d gotten that rocket. You should be thankful I went back and won enough tickets to get it for you for Christmas. The look on your face when you unwrapped it that morning was priceless!” I sighed, “My brother just can’t think straight around pretty girls. That’s something we have in common.”

I looked over at my brother’s still body. “There’s just something about being with Phoebe, you know? It’s like when I’m with her I always feel happy. Even when I should be sad, there’s a tinge of happiness that won’t leave no matter what I do.”

“Do you think she’s the one for me Sehun? I mean, we’re in the worst situation possible. A war has started; the planet in practically dead… how could something as good as Phoebe just happen? I’m really just not sure about anything anymore… But at least I have you to talk to! You always listen to me, even when you’d rather be playing video games or practicing your power. For being my little brother, you’ve sure given me a lot of advice.”

“You’re really a great brother,” I sat up and brushed a hand through his hair. “I wish I could’ve been as great of a brother to you. I love you so much… it’s just hard for me to express it, you know? You always had a way with words and feelings so it was nothing. But me; I struggle and keep everything bottled up. I wanted to be like you Sehun. I really was envious of you. You were the perfect son and a reliable friend. Most of all, you are a flawless brother.”

I lay my head down on his chest and closed my eyes. “But I promise you now,” I whispered. “I will fight my hardest and make it all up to you. I won’t stop until the last Anon stops breathing.” My mind slowly drifted and my breathing slowed. Soon enough I was asleep and dreaming of a world where Sehun lived, Phoebe loved me, and Exopil was buzzing with life once again.

-------------------

I woke up to feel someone brushing their fingers through my fringe. My eyes flicked open and Phoebe’s face became visible above me. However, her beautiful face was outlined with worry, so I put a hand to her cheek.

“Smile,” I encouraged her sleepily, but her expression didn’t change.

“Luhan,” she placed her hand on top of mine. “It’s time for the burial.”

The smile slipped from my face, along with my hand from Phoebe’s cheek. I sat up and shook my head in protest. “I’m not ready yet. Sehun isn’t either! He hates the dark. He can’t be down in the cold ground all alone-,”

“Luhan,” she gave me a meaningful look and squeezed my hand. “He’ll be safe there.”

I looked down at my brother then back at Phoebe. “Alright,” I whispered.

Baekhyun and Kris brought in the makeshift coffin they had created from old crates they’d found in the maintenance closet. It wasn’t what I’d imagined my brother getting buried in, but it was something. They set him in the “coffin” and were about to slip the lid over it when I stopped them.

“Wait.” I put a hand on Sehun’s face and smiled at him as a tear slipped off my cheek. “You’re safe now Sehun, just like I promised. Nothing will hurt you anymore. You just sleep well and dream of happy things, okay? No more war, no more death; just happy memories.” I leaned down and gave his cheek a kiss. “I love you brother.”

“Ready?” Kris asked.

I glanced up at him and nodded, then watched my little brother’s face disappear behind the wood, never to be seen again. Tears began welling up in my eyes and my heart felt like it had been stabbed. Someone placed their hand on my arm and I turned to see Phoebe standing next to me.

“You can do it,” she forced a smile.

I simply nodded as a few tears slipped down my face. We followed Baekhyun and Kris, who carried the coffin, out of the room. As we passed through the lobby, the others joined the march behind us. The bearers of the coffin led us outside to a hole which D.O. had managed to dig with his powers, despite the rock hard soil. Carefully, the two set the coffin in the ground.

“Goodbye,” I choked out, then turned and walked away from the sight. I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

--------------------

“If you give up now, it will all be for nothing.” Phoebe’s words rang in my ears as I lay staring into the dark. Everyone else was probably asleep by now, but no matter how hard I tried, sleep would not take over me. I was stuck in reality.

“I have to be stronger than ever now,” I whispered into the darkness, then glanced over at Phoebe who lay a few feet away from me, sound asleep. “I can’t lose you too.” My hand reached out and gently brushed over her cheek. “I-,”

Suddenly my ears picked up on a noise, making me sit straight up. After listening for a few more seconds, I got up and ventured toward the door through the dark. I cracked open the door quietly and peaked out into the lobby. My heart almost stopped at what I saw out the windowed wall. I pulled my head back inside and ran back down the isle toward my friends.

“Kris!” I exclaimed in a hushed, fearful voice. “Kris!” I fell down on my knees next to him and began shaking his arm.

“Yah,” he slapped at me sleepily.

“Kris, they’re here,” I said, trying to hold myself together.

“What?!” he was awake now, and sitting straight up.

“A-Anonymous! They’re outside the theater right now. They-,”

Kris grabbed me and covered my mouth as the sound of the theater’s front door greeted our ears. They’re inside.

“Wake the others,” he whispered. “Quietly!”

I scrambled away and we both started waking the others up, into this real life nightmare. I quickly explained to them what was happening, told them to be quiet, then moved onto the next person.

“Phoebe,” I whispered, shaking her arm.

“Wha-,”

I put a hand over to stop her.

“Anonymous is in the theater. It’s finally time,” I slowly lowered my hand from .

She sat there in silence for a minute, just staring at me. Suddenly she grabbed the collar of my shirt and a warm, fuzzy feeling developed in the pit of my stomach as her lips made contact with mine.

“Just in case something happens,” she whispered, pulling away. She then stood up as if nothing had happened and grabbed her sword.

I sat back in stunned silence. However, it was short-lived because Kris grabbed my arm, pulling me to my feet.

“Get ready lover boy,” he murmured, pushing me toward the emergency exits. “We’ll come back in through the front door and spring the attack on them.”

The group split, some taking the right door and some the left. I pushed open the door on the right, but stopped dead in my tracks, causing the others to run into me.

“Yah!” Chanyeol remarked in annoyance. Though the noise was small, it was enough to get the three Anons’ attention. We stood there for a minute, staring at each other eye-to-eye.

Everyone reacted at the same moment. I charged toward them while they began shouting to the other Anons around the building, warning them of our presence. My friends went at them with me. I took a swing at one of the ugly creatures, but he ducked to avoid it, chuckling as if mocking my skills. That did it for me.

“For Sehun!” I shouted, faking him out and driving my sword right between his eyes. I looked at the other four guys who joined me. They stared at me with wide eyes.

“I knew you had it in you,” Kris smirked. However, our celebration was over in an instant as more Anons burst out the exit door behind us.