Phoebe

Exo Planet: Shoot Anonymous

I ate breakfast alone. Baekhyun woke me up that morning saying the group was going out on important business and would be back by the time the sun began to set. I found a plate waiting for me at my place at the dining table. Apparently Chanyeol had created a heat envelope around my meal of hash browns to keep it warm. The food was surprisingly tasty and my stomach grumbled for more.

Soon enough I found myself bored, so I decided to look around Keunjib. There wasn’t anything of much interest on the first floor, so I ascended to the second. I opened the first door on my right to find an animated room with blue curtains that surprisingly didn’t move. As I searched the room I came to realize that basically nothing moved. Even my movements seemed slowed.

“Who had the force of time control?” I asked myself as I picked up the adorable panda Pillow Pet on the bed. “Was it Xiu Min? No… he did that ice trick.” I thought for a second longer while playing around with the toy. “Tao. It was definitely Tao.”

I was relieved to leave the room and get back to my normal speed. Being in there felt like moving through quicksand. I concluded that being enemies with this guy was definitely not on my to-do list.

The next room I came to was filled with books, bottles and had a bed with unicorn sheets. I giggled at how childish these boys really were while my hands roamed over the shelves of books. Most had names I didn't recognize, but finally I found one titled Natural Herbs Can Save Your Life. I was pleased to find the book written completely in English.

“This must be Lay’s room,” I whispered to myself and placed the book back in its home on the shelf. Finished with this room, I moved onto Kai’s. It was exceedingly stark with plain brown furniture. The only thing of interest was the boom box sitting in the corner, along with a pair of jazz shoes hanging on the headboard of his bed. I pressed play on the radio and the sound of a saxophone came blasting through the speakers.

“Oh my gosh,” I laughed. “Who would’ve known this guy is a jazz dancer?!”

I knew what room came next. It was a leader’s room; either Kris’s or Suho’s. Since Kai was Suho’s right hand man, I figured it must be his. Sure enough when I peaked in I spotted a waterbed and large fish tank along the far wall. I was about to step in when I noticed the floor. It shimmered with the appearance of water. Something inside me told me I was afraid of water, so I immediately closed the door.

Standing in front of Kris’s door, I began to get nervous. What if he finds out I was in his room? I know he doesn’t like me. What if he kills me?! Aish; stop it silly. Why should I be afraid of some dragon powered flying boy? I turned the doorknob so slowly it was like being under Tao’s time force all over again.

Holding my breath, I stepped into the room. I half expected to be suspended in midair due to his flying powers, or be crashing down to a rocky canyon floor. However, when I opened my eyes, I found myself in a perfectly normal looking room. I mean, it had his personal touch of red painted walls and a dragon statue on his desk, but otherwise it was… normal.

My curiosity began to rise as I looked around the room. I couldn’t stop myself from opening his desk drawers. Nothing was out of the ordinary; that is, nothing in the side drawers. When I opened the long drawer in the middle, I found an odd diagram filled with arrows, charts and Asian characters. Though I didn’t know any Chinese and very little Korean, I was able to decipher one thing on the calendar in the upper right corner. The date landed three days ago and the word simply read “Contact.”

“Contact who? Or contact with who?” I whispered to myself. I was about to dig deeper into the drawer when a voice came from behind me.

“You shouldn’t be in here.”

“Ah!” I shrieked, then turned to see it was only Kai. Thank goodness it’s not Kris! “Oh, I- I’m sorry. Do you know what ‘contact’ this is talking about?” I asked, pointing to the map.

“That’s our leader’s business,” he said sternly.

“But you’re a right hand man; you ought to know something about it.”

He looked as if he was about to respond, but stopped himself. “You’ve caused enough trouble already. I suggest you get out of here before someone less friendly finds you.”

With that he disappeared, leaving me alone in the room once again. I decided I better listen to Kai, and returned everything to its place. When I closed the door I could hear it lock behind me, hindering me from entering even if I wanted to.

“Okay, enough with creeping,” I sighed, sliding down the staircase railing. “Time to explore the outdoors!”

There wasn’t much around; only the dining hall, Keunjib, and a fire pit. I won’t go too far. I promised myself as I set out across the windblown plains. After five minutes of walking I discovered that the ground wasn’t as flat as I had first thought. The land was already beginning to slope into a large valley which was filled with boulders and mounds of dirt. To my surprise, there was a small stream at the bottom. I was extremely thankful for it because just then I realized how parched I had become.

Carefully, I made my way down the slope to the bottom. Just the feel of the water on my finger tips was a relief. I was about to take a gulp when I heard a strange noise. I looked up to find a rattle snake no more than two yards away. The water trickled through my fingers as I knelt there, not daring to move a muscle.

I wonder if they’re as poisonous here as they are on Earth. How do I even know that they’re poisonous? Maybe I do have some memory… this is all so confusing!

“Nice snakey,” I whispered. “I won’t hurt you if you don’t hurt me.” I began to back away ever so slowly. “Let’s play a game called Don’t Kill the Nice Girl. What do you think? It sounds fun to me.”

Everything happened so quickly, I wasn’t sure if it really did happen at all. I remembered the snake lunging toward me, but when I opened my eyes, all I saw was a steaming pile of organs.

“Ow,” I placed a hand on my burning arm.

“Bai chi!” Chen shouted as he hurried down the opposite side of the valley. “What were you thinking?!”

“I… I-,”

“You would’ve been killed if I didn’t come save your ! Heck, you would’ve been killed if that snake didn’t come save your !”

“What are you talking about?”

“Let me see how bad it is,” he commanded when he reached me and I showed him my arm. “Anonymous ruined all our natural resources. If Suho didn’t have his power of water, we would’ve died of dehydration long ago. The water here is so toxic that with one sip you’ll be dead the next day,” he explained while he examined my burn. “However the snake wasn’t much better of an option. You better be glad I was around to lightning zap it.”

“You singed me!” I exclaimed.

“I saved you,” he stood up. “The burn isn’t very deep. Lay can fix it in no time. Can I trust you to find your way back on your own, without getting yourself into trouble again?”

“Of course; I’m not five years old,” I rolled my eyes.

“It’s that kind of attitude that’ll get you killed. How you survived the attack is beyond me,” he shook his head then started back up the hill.

“Hey Chen,” I called after him and he turned around. “Thank you.”

“It was nothing,” he waved his hand in the air as if brushing away the lifesaving favor. 

I found my way back “home” successfully and without causing anymore trouble. When I got back I dampened a cloth and set it on my blazing burn.

“They better get back soon,” I said to myself while plopping down on my dusty bed. “I’m bored, clueless, and in pain. Eottokhaeeeeeee?”

 

 

 

Updating a day early because I'm so impatient and can't take it any longer!!!^^