Troubles

The Boy I Thought I'll Never See

                Ria ran as fast as she can towards Jenny’s office. “Hey, what is it?” She said while panting hard. She ran as fast as she can because she was trying to shove of the thought that Minhyun hugged her earlier. It was a good thing that she wasn’t able to say the truth on why she was crying or else she might accidentaly leak out Ren’s secret.  Also, she never knew that Minhyun can be as gentle as that. Usually, she sees him as a very nagging person based on the interviews and tv shows on Nu’est  that she watched.

                “Did you already played the CD I gave you?” Jenny said.

                “CD…What CD?”  Ria asked.

                “The Cd I asked Ren to give to you.”

                “Oh that, no not yet.”

                “Well…I want you to study that song alright.”

                “You mean the CD has a song in it?”

                “Actually…the song in it is the same song I gave to Minhyun….I was supposed to give it to you even though CEO said to give it to Minhyun..but since you’re no longer included in the performers…then I decided to let Minhyun have it.”

                “Okay…so if I’m no longer part of the performers then why do you want me to practice the song?”

                “I just want you to perform it to me before you leave.” Jenny smirked.

                “Come on don’t make me suffer..now that I have like a week and a half left before I leave.”

                “Please do it for me…your farewell gift to me…who knows when we’ll meet again.”

                Ria sighed in defeat. “Fine I’ll do it. BUT. You’re the only one who’ll watch it.”

                “I promise.”

                “I gotta go now and practice.”

                “Okay bye.”

                Ria waved goodbye to Jenny. When she stepped out of her office, she was surprised to see the CEO in front of her. She make way for him and as she was about to leave, he spoke.

                “I heard your conversation with Jenny,” He said. Ria stopped walking and looked at him. “Though she promised that she’ll be alone when she watches you, I also want to watch it. I want to see in person the reason why she has her eyes on you.” With that he left Ria stunned.

                Ria continued her walk while staring on the groun. Jenny what on earth did you sign me up for? She said to herself.

 

JENNY’S APARTMENT AFTER WORK

                “I’m home,” Jenny announced as she walked in the door.

“Welcome back,” Leah said.

“How was your trip? I’m sorry if I always bother Ria…she’s supposed to be your translator” Jenny said

“Naahh…I just found out how expensive meat is here in Korea and don’t worry about how you always bother Ria…actually I’m glad that she’s not there when I go around Korea…noone’s gonna nag me for things…”

The two laughed in unison. Jenny put on a serious face after laughing.

“I have something to ask you…If I ask Ria to be a singer…will she accept and will you support her?”

Leah remained silent for a while. “This is the only thing that I will say to you…I don’t know what her answer maybe , but supporting her in that career, I don’t think I can do that…I think you know how my family works based on the events that happened to me when we we’re still in high school.”

“Oh yes. I remember that time when you gave up your dreams of becoming a painter because your parents want you to be a doctor.”

 Leah stayed silent. “Please let’s not go back to that time…and besides my parents were right…look at me I am living a very good life now.”

“Yes, you’re living a good life, but are you even happy with it?” silence followed her sentence. “I’m sorry we shouldn’t be fighting over this matter I have no right at all to meddle on things like this. But if I am in your place, I would defend Ria’s personal interests.”

Ria suddenly came running with headphones hanging on her neck.  “Oh Jenny you’re here…I need you to listen to something.” Ria pulled Jenny into her room.

Leah who was left in the living room just stood there still. I wish I could do the same thing…but if I do that…I’ll just ruin her life forever.

Inside Ria’s room Jenny sat on Ria bed and looked at the screen of her laptop. There were only wavelengths in the screen. Is she trying to make a song? Jenny asked herself. Ria gave her headphones to Jenny and asked her to wear it. Ria played the song. It was in fact the same song as Minhyun…but in an arranged version. The start of the song was plain piano and voice as if like a ballad, by the middle other instruments start to play and by the end it becomes something like a dance number. (A/n: sorry I don’t know how I should properly describe the song just imagine that it became more and more energetic by the end)

“How on earth were you able to do this?” Jenny asked.

“I just kinda learned it from my classmate…”

“How did you…the instruments…”

“Don’t ask just imagine what digital music emulator can do,”

“You know you just saved my …I was supposed to do  the arrangement the song tonight so Minhyun can practice properly…I guess I could sleep early tonight then. Oh wait…this arrangement might not work for Minhyun…arrgggh I guess I still have to sleep late.”

“wait I also have another arrangement…” Ria opened another file. “Here listen to this.”

The song started with a piano like the first arrangement but the difference was heard in the middle and at the end. Few beats were added but the song remained powerful. Jenny looked at Ria and noticed that they were swollen.

“Hey your eyes,” Jenny said.

“Oh too much staring at the monitor.” Ria giggled a bit.

“Okay just give me this second arrangement okay…and go to sleep. Don’t go to the company tomorrow and just practice here okay.”

“Fine,” Ria pushed Jenny ou the door and closed it. The truth it she’s been crying herself out while she was arranging the song. Why is it that the song is affecting me so much arrgh. Ria

 Walked towards her bed and burned the song into a CD. She laid down on her bed a thought about how she’s supposed to confess to Ren about Minha. She grabbed he camera which was by the way beside the laptop and looked at Mingi (because he still has black hair…actually Ria’s assuming that he’s not yet a trainee in the picture) and Minha. A pain shot across her chest. “How long am I supposed to keep it a secret from him?” Also, though he said to help him move on, I’m acting as if I am her replacement…can he really forget about her?

 

A/N: Comment and subscribe..peeps