The Exam

The Boy I Thought I'll Never See

 

WEDNESDAY

 

PHILIPPINES

 

DAY 1

 

                Ria woke up earlier than usual and went to her desk. She reviewed her lessons, and checked if she missed anything. With a contented face she went to the bathroom to wash up. After a while, she went out and dressed herself. She went downstairs to eat and soon she was good to go.

                “The war is about to start.” She said before leaving home. When she arrived at school, everyone was reviewing their lessons. She went to their calss president and asked about the upcoming performance. “When are we going to practice?”

                “Could you stay a little bit later after today’s exams we will discuss who will be the lead singer in your group,” Sam said.

                Ria nodded in agreement. The bell rang signaling all students to go to their seats. The teacher came carrying tons of paper.

                “Good Morning everyone today is the start of your examination I hope that all of you studied for these 3 days,” Their adviser wrote something on the board. “This is today’s schedule. First subject is English, followed by Civics, and last Computer.” The teacher noticed that his students were nervous. “So let’s start,” He finally announced. He got a couple of papers and distributed it to the students. “You got an hour for every subject. Time starts…” he looked at his wrist watch, “Now.” All the students started on their exam.

 

After the Tests

 

                Ria sighed to herself. “One down Two to go,” she said to her friends while stretching her arms. Then she saw Sam together with the other class officers, they were discussing their performance. She went to them and joined the conversation. “So who’s the lead?” She asked.

                “We decided that it will be Mariz for your group,” Sam told her.

                “Okay, then may I go now? I still need to review my lessons,” Ria asked.

                Sam gave her permission to go. When she arrived at home Jenny was watching the same Korean channel that they watched. “I’m home,” Ria announced.

                “Oh welcome back,” Jenny said cheerfully. “How was your exam?”

                “I survived somehow,” Ria slumped on a chair.

                “Hey your full name is Maria Casa right?”

                “Yeah, why?”

                “Nothing just confirming it,” Jenny replied.

                Lately Ria noticed that Jenny’s been quite silent.  Maybe she’s thinking again about her student. She told herself. She went to her room and reviewed her lessons for tomorrow.

 

Day 2

 

                The teacher came into the classroom. “Good day to you everyone,” He wrote the schedule for that day which were Science and Home Economics. “Again one hour for each subject,” he said while distributing the papers. “You may start.”

                After the test Sam called again the attention of the class officers. “guys we will practice tomorrow and on weekends our performance will be on Wednesday, so if we included Monday and Tuesday…..we have five days to practice.”

                “I’ll bring Jenny again she might help us,” Ria suggested.

                Everyone agreed. Everyone went home.

 

Day 3

 

                Ria was studying her notes for the last time. This is it MATH. She closed her notebook when the teacher came. The teacher gave them the signal, and everybody started. Soon an hour passed, Ria’s endless reviews paid off. She was able to answer most of the questions. The teacher gave them another paper, their test in Filipino. She answered all the questions and was confident with most of it. The hour came to an end and the teacher collected their papers. Everybody rejoiced since the tests are over.

                “HELL WEEK’S OVER!!!!!!”  Ria screamed.

                “Hey Ria,” someone said.

                Ria looked to the direction of the voice. “Oh, Ate Jenny!

                The two went to the other officers and started practicing. They practiced how to sing first on weekend they will be taught of the choreography. Ria was only given a few lines but she easily memorized the whole song. She helped others who were having a hard time. Soon practice was over and everybody went home.

                The following day they discussed their costumes and stated with the choreography. Ria was surprised that Jenny even gave advices on their costume and choreography as if she was so used to it. “Ate Jenny are you really just a voice coach or also something else, because right now you sound as if you’re a…….producer of a singing group in Korea,” Ria asked while joking Jenny.

 

RIA'S COSTUME (remove the word swat..and she's gonna wear heels)

 

                “Hmmm….some of my students do ask advices from me when they have performances,” She replied.

                Ria just smiled to her answer.

                Time passed by quickly. Everyone went home. Ria continued to practice even the parts that wasn’t hers. Jenny saw her and smiled. She got her phone and dialed somebody “Hello sir I think I found something great.”

 

                The next day they studied the choreography finally everyone got it right, and they were dismissed early.

 

KOREA

 

                “Hey guys manager’s calling us” JR told the others. They approached their manager who was sitting in his swivel chair.

                “Guys because of some turn of events your voice coach won’t be coming this Tuesday she will be coming on Friday night,” he said.

                The boys looked to each other in confusion.

                “Don’t worry nothing bad happened, Jenny needs to take care of some things first. So, you need to endure with your substitute coach until MCountdown on Thursday.”  He explained. Everyone grunted about the bad news. Everytime they see their voice coach, they feel as if they are peeking in hell. "Anyways today’s practice is over." The manger clapped his hands.

                So sunsaenim is going back home on Saturday…I’ll just ask her about the girl that I talked over the phone. Ren thought to himself.