Thoughts

The Boy I Thought I'll Never See

NU'EST DORM

   Ren woke up and stretch out his limbs. He went out of the room to see if there is someone else who was awake already, he figured that he was the only one awake. He went to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast. normally either Aron or Baekho prepares their food but for some reason he wants to do it that day.

   JR woke up from the continuos clanging of utnsils. He went to the source of the noise and was surprised to see Ren. "Well this is some change of events." He sat down before the table as ren put down the food. "Smells good for someone who rarely cooks," He teased Ren.

  "Shut up I was getting hungry okay," Ren said with an irritated look in his face.

  The others soon woke up, though it took sometime before Baekho got out of bed, they went to the kitchen and sat straight infront of the table with the food Ren cooked.

   "Waoh never knew you could cook Mingi," Baekho said.

    "Shut up and eat,"

    Everyone dig in and filled their stomachs for they knew trhat today will be a very busy day. They have to practice hard everyday so that they will gain more L.O./\.E.S. , as what they call their fans.

   Minhyun raised a finger,"Hey guys," he swallowed,"Do you think the old man is still there?"

   "The replacement voice instructo?" Ren asked.

    "Well....I hope he never go back," Baekho said.

   Everybody gave out a a laugh.

PRACTICE ROOM

   Jenny came earlier than what she used too. Afterall, she has a lot of catching up to do. She was busy setting up her things when somebody knocked on her door.

   "Come in," She said.

   A man came in, actually it was her boss...the company's CEO.

   "You called the other day and want to talk about something,"

    "Actually I have something to show you," Jenny replied and turned her laptop on.

   A few minutes later Nu'est came in to the practice room. Some changes in their schedule was made since Jenny was talking to the CEO. Instead of having voice lessons first they had their dance practice first. They practiced their debut song "face" and dance to their "I'm Sorry" song...since they might have a double stage. Their instructor let them to dance whatever they want, but he never expected the bots to be so crazy. they danced to After school and Son Dambi's songs. After dancing to Dambi's "Crazy', noticed the CEo went out of Jenny's office and said something to Jenny before leaving. Unfortunately they weren't able to hear it. Jenny called the boys to come in and start their lesson.

   After 2 hours their practice was over. Jenny kept on spacing out during the session.

  "Sunsaenim is something wrong?" Ren asked before going out.

   "No nothing at all."

   "then why do you have that look on your face?"

   "I'm just making a big step for myself...and for someone else."

   " May I know who that is?"

   "Sorry I can't tell you yet....Why am I talking these things with you anyway?"

   "Wait a minute...maybe you.....sunsaenim don't tell me your getting married secretly?" Ren teased.

  Jenny slapped ren on his arm"Yaaah!!!! stop talking about nonsesnse...aigooo...this kid..."

  Ren just dodge the attack while laughing."Well I just hope things will go out the way you want it to be." Ren left the room.

   Ren still laughing to himself walked alone the company's hallway. Marriage eh...I don't think she's up too something like that.... He stop walking when Minha's face flashe in his mind.... Marriage...

 

FLASHBACK

    Mingi was sitting on a park bench as if waiting for someone. Suddenly someone covered his eyes. He removed the hands knowing who that person is.

  "Have you been waiting long?" Minha ask. They started walking holding each other's hands

   "Of course I have....I've been waiting for an hour already...what took you so long?" Mingi replied.

   "All girls take their time to pretty themselves up when they go to dates."

   "That's not a good reason...and beside I prefer you looking simple."

    Minha hugged his arms.

     "But I like wearing makeup and dressing up for you."

     "Fine...you can do it....but don't let yourself get late on our dates in the future okay."

    Minha nodded with a smile.

     "And..." Mingi cupped her face with his hands, "Doll up only for me alone," He inched his lips closer to hers. Then suddenly sounds of church bells caught their attention.

     "There's a wedding" Minha said removing Mingi's hands away from her face.

      Bride and the groom went out of the church followed by the relatives..

    "They look great together," She said.

      Mingi stared at her beautiful facial expression. He held her hand tight that got her attention.

    "We'll look better than them if we get married," He said with his eyes filled with passion.

      Minha smiled "Promise me that."

     "I promise," he said as he hugged her and gave her a passionate kiss on her lips.

     Church bells continued to ring at their background.

END OF FLASHBACK

    Ria was on her way to the company since Jenny asked her to come. She brought with her a smallwrapped box with a red ribbon to seal it. She was also wearing the ring that she bought together with Jenny. When she arrived at the building she asked the secuity where is Jenny's office. She followed his instruction and soon saw the door. Infront was a stuned Ren.

REN'S PoV

      I stayed still trying to hold back the tears that are forming in my eyes. I looked up and saw a girl. The girl resembles Minha..no wait It's Minha. She was walking towards me but was trying to look away. She passed by me without looking up to me. I grabbed her by the arm and said her Minha's name but no sound came out. She looked at me and then I realized she wasn't Minha at all, someone who just resembles her.

RIA'S PoV

     I saw Ren standing in front of Jenny's office. I didn't know what to say to him yet so I just tried to ignore him hiding the box, which is actually a gift for him. But as I was about to pass him he grabbed me by the arm and mouthed something, then he realized something.

No one's PoV

     They stared at each other for a while then ren let go of Ria.

      "Do...do you want something?" Ria asked her voice shaking from the shock.

     Ren just shook his head and ran away.

     Ria just stood there quite shocked. She decided to enter Jenny's office to calm herself.

    "Oh Ria you came.......but I'm sorry can you just go back tomorrow there has been some change of plans."

     "Oh...Okay...It's alright,"

    "What's that?" Jenny was referring to the box.

    "ohh a gift for Ren I know it's late...but I really want to give it to him no matter what...who knows when can I get him another present."

    "Good for you."

    "But....earlier....he grabbed me and then just ran away.....moreover he had this sad face on him....I wonder what's wrong?"

     Jenny pat Ria's head. "Just give it he might cheer up because of it" Jenny noticed Ria's ring..."I see you're wearing the ring."

    "Does it look good?"

    "Get out of here," Jenny pushed Ria out.

FLASHBACK TO CEO AND JENNY'S MEETING

    "Her voice can be shaky sometimes but it could  be trained...she dances well too...but I I can't rely on just videos alone I have to see her perform live.But, I must admit these girl have something with her that draws me to her....I like how she passionately sings the songs." CEO said to Jenny.

    "I will train her personally," Jenny said.

    "But ask for her consent first...and don't take candid videos of a girl...that's creepy in any ways you look at it." Her boss informed her.

    "I will do my very best."

    Ceo was by the door already, "I'm telling you that girl is something so keep a good eye on her." And he left.

END OF FLASHBACK

     Ren ran to the most isolated area of the building and leaned on the wall...he slide down as tears roll down his face. he looked at his left hand and saw the ring on his ring finger. "You're the one who made the promise first...why did you leave me then?" He continued to cry and cry until he heard some foot steps. "I'm sure I saw him go this way." He heard a girl's voice but couldn't understand a thing she was saying since she was talking in another language. He got up and dried his tears and went out of the corner from where he was hiding. He saw the girl got startled by his sudden appearance.

    Ria turned and saw Ren appeared her before her that shocked her a little.

    "Umm....you see.." She awkwardrly started her sentence then she noticed Ren's red eyes."Have you been crying?"

   Ren denied.

    "Don't lie to me," Ria glared at him.

    Ren just admitted defeat...partially though."If I tell you yes will you stop nagging me."

     "Look at you I'm the one who's concerned and yet...whatever.."Ria rolled her eyes.

   "Anyways what were you supposed to tell me?" Ren went back to the topic.

    Ria suddenly stiffen. She handed her gift to him using the left hand(the one without the ring). "Here I know it was your birthday the other day...I know it's late...but its better than never."

   Ren didn't saw that one coming. "Thank you," he tried to say it in english. he grabbed it with his left hand. Then Ria noticed something, they were wearing identical rings.

   Ria grabbed ren's hand. "where did you get this?"

   "Jenny sunsaenim's gift to me"

    Jenny's words replayed in Ria's mind over and over  "help me pick a ring for a boy...No for my student."

    "Hey are you alright?" Ren asked. Ria nodded while she was removing her ring from her finger behind her back and putting it in her pocket secretly.

   "Thanks for the gift by the way," Ren said as he walked away.

    "y-yeah." Ria was stuned.

RIA'S POV

  GOD that was something.....we were wearing the same ring.....wait a minute he was wwearing another ring...the one that looks like a ring for couples...I looked at Ren who was walking away.....He was wearing at his left ring finger.

 

 

A/N: sorry for the late update...... I just participated in our regionals...so yeah.....I tried to make up something in this chap.....beware more to come....HAAAAA...I'm sleepy...oh and I tried putting more Ren's side here.....and less Ria....