Secret

The Boy I Thought I'll Never See

                The following day Ren came up to Jenny.

                “Hey sunsaenim where’s Ria?” he said to her.

                “Oh she’s at home she said she wants to stay there since she’s been going out ever since she came here…she wanted to rest,” she replied to him while fixing the music sheets that will be used in the concert.

                “I’ll be going there later after the practice…I have to thank her for taking care of me.”

                “Okay…oh yeah me and her sister will come home quite late later so can you just give this to her…and could you accompany her later she’s been down since yesterday.” Jenny handed a cd to him.

                “Sure, but, what’s this?” He asked.

                “Oh nothing, something I want her to hear… oh yeah tell her to listen to it..I gotta go now we still have a meeting.” Jenny left Ren.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

                *Ding Dong*

                “Who is it?” Ria asked.

                “It’s me Ren, Jenny sunsaenim wants me to give you something.”

                Ria opened the door and grabbed the cd as quick as she can. “What’s this?” she asked.

                “She said she wanted you to hear it…Umm by the way…thank you” Ren scratched the back of his head.

                “For what?”

                “For… taking care of me yesterday,”

                “It was nothing.”

                Ren just stood there looking at Ria. Ria looked at him too and said: “Aren’t you going now?”

                “Oh yeah sunsaenim said to hanh around with you for a while since you’re so upset about yesterday.”

                Idiot I am not upset about what happened in the meeting, I’m upset that you have someone you like. Ria thought to herself. “No I’m not that upset anymore after much thinking.” She lied.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Yeah” Ria forced a little smile.

                “I’ll be going then…” Ren said as he step back the door. Ria just nodded in return and was about to close the door when Ren stopped her. “Have you eaten already?” He asked.

                “I’m just about to prepare one,” she replied.

                “Don’t… I’ll take you to somewhere good.” He grabbed her hand but she pulled it away.

                “I-I can’t and I’m not even dressed yet..and..” Ria was running out of excuse so that she doesn’t have to spend time with Ren.

                “What you’re wearing now will be fine, come on.” Ren pulled her.

                “WAIT!...I’ll …” she sighed in defeat. “I’ll just get the keys of the house.” She said and Ren flashed a smile. After locking the house the two went to where ever Ren was taking her. Ria kept a distance from Ren and he noticed it so he waked near Ria. But, everytime he go near her she would just move away.

                “What’s wrong with you, why do you keep on moving away?” he said

                “Nothing, I just -” Ria tripped on something luckily Ren was able to catch her.

                “See don’t move away you don’t know when you will trip,” he said as he hold her hand. Ria quickly withdrew her hand and continued walking. Aish this girl’s making things awkward.

                “So where are you taking me?”

                “We’re here already.” He spread his arms. All Ria can see is a small family restaurant. “Let’s go in,” he grabbed  her hand again and pulled her in. He picked a table near the counter.

                “Oh hello Mingi you still come here even though you’re an idol already.” An old woman said.

                “Of course this is the best restaurant in the whole word for me.”

                “Aigoo…this kid,” She then noticed Ria. “I see you got a girl with you…moreover a foreigner…is she your new girlfriend?”

                Ren’s eyes widened and said. Ria was not surprised but pretended to be one. “New…girlfriend?”

                “Oh I see you speak our language you see Mingi here used to have a girlfriend name Minha, that girl is very sweet but for some reason  they just-“

                “SHOP OWNER!!!!!” Ren bursted out. “Don’t talk about it.” Then he went out of the place leaving Ria.

                “Oh dear what have I done…”

                “umm shop owner your story…” ria asked her to continue.

                “As I was saying before Mingi and Minha were a couple and everytime they go here to seoul they will eat here, but for some reason they broke up and Mingi will always come and eat here alone… He doesn’t even talk a lot like he used to. But, when the two of you entered and I saw his smile I thought he was able to move on now.”

                “I see…well I apologize for what he did earlier.”

                “No it was my fault so no need to apologize.” The woman said cheerfully. “But, you know I think I know why he’s attached to you…” the shop owner leaned to the counter and rested her chin on her hand. “You act the same way as Minha and your eyes , though bigger than hers, shine the same.”

                Ria stared at the woman.

                The shop owner straightened her back and said: “oh yeah you came here to eat let me prepare something for you can you wait for it?”

                “Yes…but Ren…”

                “Don’t worry he’s just outside sitting on the bench beside the light post across the restaurant…You can call him,” she pointed outside the door.

                Ria stood up and went out of the establishment. The woman was right he was just sitting there. She walked towards him and sat beside him.

                “Sorry,” he said. Ria looked at him with a confused face. “I shouldn’t have acted that way earlier, don’t worry I’ll apologize to her later for now let me stay here.”

                “May I ask something?”

                “What is it?”

                “The shop owner told me about you and…and Minha, and she said that I-“

                “That you remind me of her, yes you do but then and yes I did think of you as her, but I realized that you can never be her, so don’t worry I don’t think of you as her.”

                Ria remained silent.

                “Ria…while you’re here in Korea can you stay right beside me.”

                “Eh?”

                “Because everytime you’re around you remind me of her but….It doesn’t hurt like before…it’s like you are making me remember her in a good way, Ria…” he looked at her. “Could you help me move on?”

                Ria was urprised by what he said. “What do you mean by help you?”

                “Stay by my side every day until I forget about her.”

                Would you promise to forget her and learn to love me?  Ria said to herself. “of course I would do anything that a FRIEND would request me.” She said happily.

                “And Ria, could you keep it a secret to others, about my past.” He said. Ria nodded in agreement.

                “I’m going inside now, how about you?” Ria asked.

                “I’m gonna hang out here for a while,” he answered.

                Ria walke back to the restaurant and the shop owner just finished preparing the food.

                “hmm how was it?” The woman asked.

                “All fine now.”

                “By the way here’s a picture of Minha in case you’re curious,” She handed Ria a photograph. Ria’s could not believe what she’s seeing. She clutched her fist very tight.

                “Ahjumma may I keep it for a while?”

                “O-of course, but , why?”

                “I just want to know more about this person.”

                “Okay,”

                Then Ren came in, Ria quickly put the photo in her bag. Ren apologized to shop owner and of course she forgive him. The two ate their dinner and walked back home.

                “Thanks,” Ria said.

                “Bye then,” Ren said. Ria was about to walk in when he grabbed her by the waist, her back leaning on his chest and he  made her face him upwards him facing down and he kissed her forehead. “I’m sorry I kinda have the sudden urge to….”

                “It’s alright,” Ria said with a blush on her face.

                “Bye then.”

                “Bye,” then Ria closed the door. As soon as she locked it she ran to her room and grabbed her camera and searched for the oldest photo in the camera. Then, a picture of a boy and a girl showed. The boy was kissing the cheek of the girl while she was looking to the camera. She then got the photo that the shop owner gave to her.

                “Minha…you’re so cruel how can you do this to him,” tears poured down from her eyes. “How am I supposed to tell him” she sobbed and sobbed. “How am I… how am I supposed to tell him that you’re long dead?”

                Just outside the apartment Ren was smiling while touching his lips.  Why on earth did I do that…Isi t because…that can’t be…but…I do hope it’s like that.

 

A/n: I think this chapter is confusing..well COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE GUYS...AND please do put comments I become more ethusiastic when there are comments...so if you put comments I can imagine a better chapter....You know ..you guys fuel me up..hehehe Criam_Rose out!