Rivals

The Boy I Thought I'll Never See

                “REEEN!!!!” Ria glomped at Ren. Ren almost fell down but was able to balance himself.

                “Come on, don’t glomped people unexpectedly.” He said.

                “Then it won’t be a glomp anymore.”

                “Oh my, what a sight.” A Minhyun said. The two quickly separated from each other.

                “hello Minhyun,” Ria said with a smile.

MINHYUN’S PoV

                “Hello Minhyun!” She said as she carved a smile with her lips. Damn it was too cute I greeted her back and turned away to hide my blushing face. I can’t believe she’s 16 when she actually looks younger. But, I’m kinda jealous of Ren cause he was hugged by her. Wait what on earth am I thinking right now I can’t feel jealous…I feel like a lolicon for some reason. I looked back to see what the two were doing; however, they were gone already. I walked towards Jenny sunsaenim ‘s office. I was going to aske her about what song will I sing solo on the concert. When I opened the door, Ria was sitting on top of Jenny’s table. Both of then was talking about something in a foreign language. The two looked at me the moment I opened the door.

                “Oh Minhyun, what is it?” Sunsaenim asked.

                “I’m going to ask you about the song that I will sing solo in the concert,” I replied.

                “He has a solo act?” Ria said.

                “Yes,” sunsaenim said then grabbed the envelope that was on top of her table. She handed it to me and I looked at its contents. They were music sheets. “I was supposed to give it to you later, but since you’re here already, I think I should give it to you.” She said. I read the title and it was new to me, I also read the lyrics and I can’t figure out what song it was. So I just asked her.

                “Sunsaenim….this song I..”

                “That’s my first composition…and don’t worry I asked the boss already about that song. He liked it and actuallysuggested you to sing it in the concert.” She explained to me. “oh and you can start practicing now on that song…but on the piano…I haven’t recorded it yet, so sorry about that.”

                “No, it’s fine” I said to her.

                “Hey Ria you don’t have anything to do today maybe you can help him,” I heard sunsaenim said that caused me to turn my attention to the girl on top of the table.

                “MEEEE!!! Why me?” Ria said comically.

                “Just do what I did when I practiced you guys for your school performance.”

                “O-okay then,” She stood up and grabbed her bag. “So where are we supposed to practice?” She asked me.

                “Umm….” I suddenly got nervous. “Umm the other room is vacant so I think we can do it there.”

                “Okay then let’s go,” She said while smiling. AAHH that smile was just sooo cute. I can’t help but to smile back at her which caused her to avert her eyes from me.

                When we got to the next room, she dropped her bag on the floor and I opened the piano, so I can put the music sheet on it. I started playing. The notes look complicated, but actually they we’re quite easy. Then I tried playing it while singing at the same time. The lyrics were:

“I love you, but you look at someone else

I love you, but you smile at someone else

I love you even if it hurts

As long as I’m beside you I’m happy”

 After I finished the song I felt that someone was staring at me. I looked at the girl beside me, and I was right she was staring at me, but she has tears in her eyes.

                “Hey, are you okay?” I asked her

                “Yeah I am,” she wiped away her tears. “I was so moved by your song…I’m sorry,”

                “It’s alright I’m quite happy that you liked it.” I said to her. Then I noticed that her eyes we’re full of sadness. “Hey, are you really okay?” I asked again. She remained quiet, then suddenly more tears flowed from her eyes.

                “I’m so sorry I shouldn’t be acting this way…I’m *hic* I’m” She kept on sobbing. I stood up from my seat and and unconsciously hugged her. I was also surprised by what I’m doing, but what kind of guy would ignore a crying girl. A few moments later she calmed down. We backed away from each other, her head still down. “I’m really sorry…It’s just that the lyrics were ….”

                “If you can’t say it then don’t, don’t force yourself on something you can’t do,” I smiled at her and she replied with a smile. My heart suddenly pounded faster than normal. Seriously what’s wrong with me? I looked away from her then looked back at her. She was no longer upset. “You know, if you have any worries come and talk to me,” why am I saying this things right now? She nodded in agreement. “Well back to practice now, what do you think of my singing?” I asked her. She raised both her thumbs and said:

                “As expected of NU’EST’s Minhyun…Your voice was super soothing….”

                “And you were moved to tears.”

                “Yes I was,” she nodded her head as she spoke.

                We laughed in unison. I didn’t expect to be close to this girl this much at such small amount of time. Then we heard a thud from the door. I looked immediately and saw someone runa away. We walked towards it and saw no one.

                “I saw someone here,” I said.

                “Or maybe, something just hit it,” She said.

                “Yeah, maybe something did just hit it.” I walked back to the piano, while she picked up her bag.

                “Is it alright if I leave now I just remembered I have something to do.” She said.

                “Yeah, you may,” I replied. Actually, I still want to spend some more time with her. I fixed my eyes on the piano keys when I heard her say: “Is it alright If I hang out more with you?”

                I smiled and said: “of course, you’re always welcome.” She smiled back and dashed of.

                Damn Minhyun, I can’t believe you’re a lolicon. I said to myself. But, it felt great hugging her, honestly.

 

REN’S PoV

                Ria said she will got to Jenny sunsaenim’s office to check on her so we separated ways. I went straight to dance practice, since most of the members of the act was not yet there I deciced to follow Ria to sunsaenim’s office. When I reached the office, she wasn’t there. I asked Jenny where she is and said that she’s with Minhyun. She was helping him to practice. I walked towards the next room and saw the two of them. I was about to knock when Minhyun hugged Ria. I was surprised, and something told me that I didn’t like what I’m seeing. To top it all of I can’t even hear their conversation, because the room was soundproof.  I accidentally kicked the door and ran away afraid that they might see me. When I looked back Ria asked Minhyun if they could hang out more often. Honestly, I want to run there and just drag her out of his sight, but I can’t. Then, she dashed of.

                I walked back to Minhyun. “Hey,” I said.

                “Hey there!” MInhyun said. “Could you listen to this song Sunsaenim made for me, earlier Ria cried because of it. Actually she was….nahh I’ll keep it to my self,” He said.

                “You sure sound as if you’re close to her,” I said to him with a glare.

                “Well not as close as you, but…I’ll try getting more close to her.”

                I went dead silent as soon as he finished. Then I spoke. “Try if you can.” I made it sound as if a warning and he was quite surprise. The truth is, I don’t even know why I am acting this way towards Minhyun, but the thought of them close to each other makes my my head ache. I was about to leave when Minhyun spoke again.

                “You sure are acting differently lately,” He said, but his tone was fierce. I ignored what he said and just go on with my path.  

When I was near the dance room, I saw Ria by the door. She looked at me and ran towards me.

“There you are, Jenny’s calling she said that I have to accompany her somewhere.”

“Okay,” I said bluntly.

“Well then I’m off now.” She waved goodbye to me as she ran away. I saw he almost bumping to Minhyun and just wave at him. I glared at Minhyun and he glared back. He went close to me and said:

“I think I know now why you’re acting this way, but I’m not gonna back out.”

I was surprised at what he said. He just kept on walking. I then, realized why I’m so frustrated to see them with each other. I’m starting to like Ria already and so is Minhyun.

 

 

A/N: OMG readers I’m so sorry for making this chapter crappy…but.. I hope it will do…ergggh...ohhh and sorry for the lame lyrics...I just came up with it so yeah …so comment and subscribe….