Give me a present, smile a bit

Love is forgotten with love

A month went. Gabbi and I moved in with Super Junior, they all believed that it was for the best if we did. I was never left alone, someone was always with me guarding over me so that I wouldn’t try to do something stupid again. I couldn’t even take a shower alone; someone was with me in the bathroom making sure that all I did was to shower. It was crazy but I understand them in a way. I cried myself to sleep every night. I can’t even remember that last time I smiled; it was so long now that I had forgotten how to. It hurt me a lot, but not only me, the others were affected too. Gabbi missed him too and was worried about me. Donghae was sad over the fact that I hadn’t been over Heechul; he was sad cuz I couldn’t give all my love to him. And the members were worried about my health and sanity. I was depressed now, I didn’t want to live anymore but I had to, I was forced to.

“Melissa you can’t go on like this” Leeteuk one morning told me while we were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast, him, Donghae, Eunhyuk and I. “Sweetheart you can’t mourn your whole life, you have to move on at some point, for god’s sake Melissa you have to smile again!” he sounded desperate and frustrated and it hurt me that he felt that way, it hurt me that they worried so much about me

“I have nothing to smile about” I told him simply

“Why don’t you sing?” Eunhyuk suggested “You love singing, maybe it will make you feel better” he continued but I shook my head

“No, it will only remind me about him” I said and wiped away the tears that had escaped my eyes

“Do you like something else then?” Donghae asked softly and grabbed my hand in his and kissed it lightly

“I don’t know, guys I appreciate your effort but it’s gonna take a long time before I can smile again and truly be happy” I told them sincerely and they nodded

 

Donghae’s POV

“I’m gonna go with Yesung now to the studio” Melissa informed us and we nodded, I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek before trusting her life with Yesung. When she left I went back to Leeteuk and Eunhyuk.

“Hyung, how can I make her smile again?” it had to be the hardest question I had ever asked someone in my entire life

“I don’t know Donghae, just pay attention and see if you can find something that she seem to like, something that possibly can bring out a smile from her” Leeteuk told me and I nodded. I was determined to make her smile again; I was going to see that beautiful smile of hers again!

“You really do love her don’t you?” Eunhyuk questioned me; I sighed and turned to look at him

“Yes I do,” I replied him and a tear escaped my eye, I dried it away quickly and put on a brave smile

“Don’t worry Donghae, she will be yours one day, if you really love her then you will wait for her no matter how long it takes” Leetuk told me

“Yeah I know”

Two weeks went without any success; nothing I did made her smile, and nothing I suggested she would do made her smile. It was like Heechul had taken her smile with him when he died. I was starting to get desperate and on top of that I had to start preparing for my new drama, Panda and Hedgehog. I was going to play a genius pastry chef so therefore I had to learn from a real pastry chef how to bake so that I would be believable.  So that was taking up a lot of my time now. Which meant that I couldn’t be with her as much as I wished. And when I was at home at the dorm I practiced baking and during that time she stayed in her room. It made me so frustrated that I couldn’t be with her all the time, but I couldn’t quit the drama

One day I was standing in the kitchen, I had just made a cake and was about to put it together. For a change Melissa was actually in the kitchen. She sat by the kitchen table with Shindong and Ryeowook, they tried to make her smile by telling her really lame jokes and fooling around but she just sat there looking at them apologetically and now and then she glanced over at me.

I was just about to cover the cake with the frosting when a hand grabbed my wrist and stopped it from touching the cake. I looked up and there was Melissa. I looked at her confused. What was she doing? She then looked me in the eyes and that’s when I saw it, the sparkle which was followed by the most amazing thing in the entire world. A smile. She actually smiled! It felt like my whole heart exploded and melted at the same time. SHE WAS SMILING! And I had no idea why! It wasn’t a wide smile, but a rather weak one but it was still a mile! Something we hadn’t seen since he died. I felt like bursting with joy. She was finally smiling.

Then she removed my hand away from the cake and carefully took away the spoon from my hand and put back the frosting into the bowl and threw the spoon into the sink. She made no sense to me but I didn’t care. She was smiling again!!!!

“You’re doing it wrong” she then told me “Haven’t you learned anything?” she wondered “When you decorate a cake you use an angle spatula, never a spoon, the result gets so much better” she explained and I just stared at her in awe. Did she just tell me how I was going to decorate the cake??? Had I maybe found something that could get her passion and happiness back? Was baking the answer??? “Do you have an angle spatula here?” she then question not seeming to notice that I hadn’t answer her but just stood there and stared at her. Again she didn’t wait for an answer but just started looking in all the drawers and cabinets. After a while she found what she was looking for. And there it was again! The weak little smile! It was one of the most beautiful things that I had ever seen in my entire life!

Then she placed herself next to me again and carefully took an ice-cream spoon and filled it with frosting and put it down on the cake and then she took the angle spatula and started covering up the cake with the frosting. She was very skilled and within just minutes the whole cake was covered in the pink frosting looking impeccable. Then she looked up at me and I could immediately see that something was different. There was another glow to her face now.

“Do you have a tulle?” she asked me and looked at me wonderingly

“A what?” I asked her, she sighed loudly and rolled her eyes at me, it made me smile, she was starting to become herself now, little by little. And it seemed to be all thanks to baking.

“It’s a thing you use to decorate cakes with Donghae” she explained calmly like she was talking to a child

“Oh.... and it looks how?”

“Like a... Aish... I’ll just look for it myself, if not I can make one” she said and I looked at her stunned, make one? Wow...

She looked around for a while and soon a triumphant shriek was heard, had she found a tulle? She answered my thoughts by placing on the table what she had found. She put it together and smiled yet again. Then she filled it with the melted chocolate that I had prepared. She was just about to start decorating the cake when she stopped to look at me for a second, then she shook her head, and another amazing thing happened. She let out a small chuckle. It was like music to my ears. I can’t even remember that last time I heard her laugh... was it that night when I confessed to her maybe? She then started decorating the cake, smiling to herself. I looked over at Shindong and Ryeowook they looked as stunned as me.

After a while Leeteuk and Gabbi came home and when they saw Melissa standing there baking they stopped and stared at her. Gabbi grabbed Leeteuk’s arm.

“Melissa?” she asked hesitantly, Melissa looked up and gave her a little smile, Gabbi’s eyes widened

“Hi Gabbi” she replied and then got back to working, Gabbi then walked up to me

“She’s smiling” she said stunned, I nodded and couldn’t help to smile too

“Yeah”

“Why? I mean what caused it?” she wondered

“Baking” I replied her simply and then she slapped her herself on the forehead

“Why didn’t I think about that?” she said and sighed, I looked at her wonderingly “She has always loved baking” she continued

“Yeah and she’s really good at it, I was practicing for my drama when she just came and took over and told me I was doing it wrong” I said and chuckled

“She’s coming back, Donghae she is coming back to herself” Gabbi said and started shaking me “SHE IS COMMING BACK!!!” she almost yelled but Melissa didn’t hear anything at all she was still concentrated on the cake.

“Calm down Gabbi” I told her but I was just as excited as her so I just out of happiness hugged her tightly

“I didn’t know that you guys were so lovey dovey” Melissa then said and looked at us amused

“We’re just so happy” I informed her, she shrugged and yet again went back to her cake

“We’re heading in the right direction Donghae, she is coming back to us” Gabbi said and I nodded, she was, she was coming back now!

 

“Yah! Lee Donghae why are you smiling so much?” Siwon asked me when he came into my room that same night

“She’s coming back” I told him, he looked at me confused “She smiled today, we have found something that makes her smile” I continued, Siwon looked at me surprised

“Really? What is that?” he asked excitedly

“Baking, she loves baking” I told him

“Oh, that’s good” Siwon said thoughtfully “Can’t you bring her to your tutor sessions?” he then asked, my eyes got wide, that was the best idea ever! I flew up from my bed and went up to Siwon and hugged him

“Hyung that is the most amazing idea ever!!” I yelled, in that way I would be able to be with her and see her as she got happier and happier

 

Melissa’s POV

I was woken up abruptly by the sound of the door being slammed open. I turned around in the bed and buried my face in the pillow. I was feeling quite strange actually, I wasn’t feeling like I had had been for the past month. Something was different, very different.

“Yah! Melissa get up!” why on earth was Donghae yelling at me? I ignored him but then I felt him starting to shake me “Come on Melissa! Get up!” he continued

“No, let me sleep” I mumbled, but then he changed his tactics

“Melissa, jagiya, get up” his voice came from just above my ear and soon I felt one of his arm slung around my waist “Waky, waky, oppa will make you breakfast and then oppa will take you to work” he continued. Work? That intrigued me. I knew that he was working on his new drama. Which involved a whole lot of baking. It had felt really good when I baked; it was something that made me genuinely happy and calm. For me baking had always helped me to relieve stress. I turned around to face him, he smiled softly at me and I felt something in my heart.

“Good morning” I greeted him sleepy, I tried to smile but I just couldn’t, it wasn’t so easy, Donghae frowned

“Melissa please, give me a present, smile a bit” Donghae pleaded, his plead seemed so sincere so lovingly so I couldn’t do anything else but to meet his plea. I managed to give him a weak smile which triggered a wide smile from him “Thanks” he replied and kissed my forehead, I nodded and stretched out my arms and wrapped them around his neck and hugged him “Listen in a while I’ll be going to have another baking lesson, and I was wondering if you wanna come with me?” he then asked when I let go of him

“You want me to come with you?” I questioned and he nodded smiling

“Yeah, not that you could learn anything more as you’re already epic but it could be fun” he told me happily

“Well if you want me to come then I’d love to” I replied him and tried to smile again, it was weak but it was something and Donghae’s smile grew wider, I loved his smile

“Good, come on let’s get ready now”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess who giot inspired by Donghae's drama? xD IT IS SO GOOD!!!! AND DONGHAE IS SO FREAKING HANDSOME!!!! There aren't words for how much I love that drama!!!!!! xD

Anyways xD I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for bearing with me!! I LOVE YOU ALL<3<3<3<3

Comment and subscribe? <3<3<3