Chapter 20

Be A Man

 

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I was alone. I opened the tent and it was starting to get dark.

“What the hell? I slept for that long?” I asked myself as I sat on a log.

“Oh! You're up? You sleepy head. Slept through the whole day.” Hoya said, pinching my nose. “Here's a sandwich. We made them for dinner.” he said handing me one.

I smiled. “Thanks.” I started to eat.

“What's everybody doing?” I asked, looking around.

“Soccer game is still going on. I decided to take a break to check on you.” he said.

“Can I go watch?”

He nodded and took my hand. Once we reached the area everyone was cheering on their friends and team. Hoya went back in the game and I stood next to Sungyeol who was cheering on Myungsoo's team.

“WOOO!” he screamed, when Myungsoo shot a goal.

Hoya took the ball and ran for the goal. He shot it, and it hit Woohyun in the gut. “Oof!” He fell backwards inside the goal.

“YEAH!” Hoya yelled and high-fived Dongwoo.

“Awh man...” Sungyeol sighed. “_____-ah...who are you cheering for?” he asked me.

“Of course I'm cheering for...” I stopped. Who am I cheering for?!

I looked back and forth. Myungsoo was panting while wiping the sweat off his forehead and glaring at Hoya. Hoya was staring intently at Myungsoo.

Sungyeol chuckled. “Don't hurt yourself now...”

“Who's losing?” I asked him.

“It's a tie right now.”

Dear God...you're not giving me any signs AT ALL!

 

The boys started to line up. Hoya walked up to the goal.

“Who wants to be the goalie?” someone yelled.

“I will.” Myungsoo raised his hand.

I saw Hoya change his facial expression.

Myungsoo walked in between the poles that were used as the goal. He smirked. Hoya ran and kicked the ball as hard as he could. Myungsoo jumped up and caught it gracefully.

Hoya tilted his head back in frustration.

Myungsoo grinned and balanced the ball in between his hands.

 

Myungsoo's turn came.

“Who's gonna be the goalie now?”

“I will.” Hoya raised his hand and walked to the goal, not taking his eyes from Myungsoo.

Myungsoo turned his head and winked at me.

I blinked in surprise.

Hoya looked disturbed and his eyebrows furrowed.

“HWAITING!” Sungyeol screamed, making his voice crack. I chuckled as he rubbed his throat.

“Hyung! I'm going left.” Myungsoo said.

Hoya didn't say anything but bent his knees and got ready to block the ball.

Myungsoo kicked the ball but Hoya chose the wrong direction. The ball went in between the poles.

“YEAHHHH!” Sungyeol jumped.

I frowned. I was hoping Hoya would block it.

“I told you I'd go left. You don't think I'd keep my word?” Myungsoo asked Hoya.

Deep down, I knew that statement had a different meaning to it.

 

It started to get dark.

“Okay everyone...showers are that way!” the teacher said.

I froze and blinked at Hoya who was getting his clothes out of his bag.

He made a 'OH ' face. (O.O)

“What do I do?!” I asked him.

“Just hide in the tent for now. When everyone's asleep, I'll sneak you to the showers.”

I nodded and went in the tent.

20 minutes later Hoya and Myungsoo came back. They weren't talking to each other.

I cleared my throat awkwardly.

“Did you have fun today?” Myungsoo asked me.

“Well...I pretty much slept the whole day.” I said.

He chuckled.

It was silent again.

I sighed and took out my phone to text some friends to see how things were in Seoul High.

After about 30 minutes, I heard soft snoring next to me. I looked at Hoya. His arms were behind his head and he was fast asleep.

“Ottoke?! I have to go shower.” I said to myself.

“It's okay. I can take you so you don't have to wake him up.” I was surprised, I figured Myungsoo was asleep too.

 

I put a finger to my lips and I listened. Everyone seemed to be asleep, or at least inside their tents.

“Let's go.” he whispered.

I nodded and grabbed my clothes.

“You aren't wearing pajamas?” he asked me.

“I'll just wear my clothes for tomorrow so we don't have to go through the trouble of taking me somewhere to change.” I told him.

I poked my head out of the tent and noticed everyone had their lights off.

We tip-toed out.

“Okay...where is it?” I asked him once we were a safe distance away.

“Over here. Follow me.”

I did as told.

He took me to the girls shower. Technically I could still use the boys shower because it's not any different, but don't want to risk a boy going in there. No one would go in the girls bathroom anyways.

“Komawo Myungsoo oppa!” I said and ran into the bathroom.

 

I bathed comfortably, not having to worry about anything. Once I was done, I walked out with my dirty clothes. I jumped when I saw Myungsoo leaning on the wall.

“Oh! I thought you left...”

“No. Don't want to risk you getting lost. Or getting eaten by a bear.”

“There are bears?!?!”

He chuckled. “I was just kidding, pabo...” he my head.

“I've been needing to talk to you...” he said.

“About what?”

“Your decision...”

I froze.

Suddenly, he hugged me.

“I know this is hard on you. But I'll support you either way. Of course I want you to choose me, but I won't force anything on you.”

That's exactly what I needed. Instead of being pushed around, and having no say in anything, I needed support. And that's what Myungsoo gave me.

I looked up at him.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

For the first time, I actually kissed him back. Once I realized what I was doing, I pushed him away.

 

“You little...” Hoya punched Myungsoo.

I gasped and held him back. “Oppa! Stop. It was just the heat of the moment!” I said.

I turned to Myungsoo. He looked so hurt...emotionally.

What have I done?

“I don't give a !” Hoya yelled and went after him.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks and I sobbed to myself as I watched them battle it out.

“Please...stop...” I managed to say.

They stopped and looked over at me. Hoya was the first to snap out of his thoughts and run to me.

“Baby...” he grabbed my arm.

I shook him away and ran towards the tents.

I sat and cried. Cried til my chest hurt.

I was hurting everyone with my stupid mistakes. Everything I do is wrong. It would be best if I just let them go. Everything would come to end and I could just move on with my life.

 

Someone ped the tent.

It was Woohyun.

“Hey is everything okay? I heard running and crying.” he asked.

When he saw my puffy red eyes, he became alert.

“Are you okay?”

“No. I'm far from it.” I told him.

“What happened?”

“ happens and I'm going to hell for it.”

“What?! For what?”

“For being in love with two people.”

 

==============

*cries* infinite had their goodbye stages. I WANTED THEM TO WIN AT LEAST ONE AWARD!!!! TT.TT but i'm still proud of them~

comment please!