Chapter 9

Be A Man

 

I walked into my classroom and everyone seemed to be already there, except for a couple people. I walked down the aisle and I glanced at Myungsoo. He looked at me, smiled slightly and went back to reading. I took my usual seat next to Hoya.

The bell rang as the remaining students ran to their seats.

“Good morning class. Guess what? Pop quiz!”

We all groaned.

It was a literature quiz. I flew by it. Literature is my best subject.

After placing my quiz on the teachers desk, I sat back down.

A note fell on my desk. It was from Hoya.

 

Guess what today is?

 

I looked at him. He grinned.

 

Tuesday?

 

Pabo! No! Well...yes...but...today is my birthday.

 

Really?! Happy birthday hyung! I'm sorry I didn't know... -___- why didn't you tell me before? You know...we live in the same dorm.

 

I don't know...I don't like it when people make a big deal about my birthday. So keep it a secret! I only spend it with the people I care about! You're going to spend it with me, right?

 

I blushed while reading.

 

Of course! If you want to spend it with me!

 

I want to, and I have dance practice today. But once it ends, I'll be back.

 

I nodded to him as a response. He smiled and started on the next assignment for the day.

 

The day finally ended.

“I'll be back around 5 okay?” he told me.

I nodded and smiled. He ran off, probably going to dance practice.

“Wait!” I yelled. He turned around.

“Hwaiting!” I said and did the gesture.

He chuckled and mouthed 'hwaiting!' then he ran off again.

 

I walked down the path to the dorms. I was humming 'VVIP' when I spotted Myungsoo. I ran up to him.

“Hyung! Are you busy today?” I asked.

“Yah. I know you're a girl. Don't call me hyung. It's just weird...” he said.

“Oh right...I forgot. Oppa, are you busy today?”

“No, I don't think so, why?”

“Don't tell anyone cause Hoya wants me to keep it a secret...but I don't think I can do it all by myself.”

“Do what?”

“I want to make a cake for Hoya's birthday today!”

“It's his birthday today?!”

I nodded and put a finger to my lips. “Shh...can you help me make a cake?”

“Why won't you ask the other guys?” He asked.

“Because everyone else has after school activities today! Plus, I can trust you to keep a secret!”

“But...I'm not good at cooking...” he muttered.

“I'm not either! I've never cooked in my life! Well except that one time I made porridge for Hoya...but the maids normally cook!”

“Why is it that you're always cooking for Hoya?” he asked me as we walked in the dormitory building.

“Why? Are you jealous?” I teased.

“No...”

“Can you PLEASE help me?!?” this time I used my aegyo and pulled on his uniform jacket.

He looked at me and sighed. “Fine.”

“Assa~” I fist pumped.

 

We changed into comfortable clothes and started the preparation.

I got out all the needed materials and ingredients as he read the directions on the box.

“It's four eggs.” he argued.

“No, it's two eggs.” I told him.

“READ. It says four eggs.”

“OPPA! That's for a double serving. We're only making one!”

“Oh...”

“Yeah...don't argue...” I said shoving him to the side.

“Yah...”

 

We stirred the cake mix and put it into a square baking pan and put it into the oven.

“It says 30 minutes...” he said.

“Are you sure you're reading the right column?”

“YES.”

“Just making sure...even though you're smart, you do have your moments.”

“YAH!!!” He yelled and flicked flour on my face.

I slowly turned to him. He tried to hold in his laughter.

“Oh no you didn't...” I said and smeared the left over mix on his face.

A small food fight broke up.

We laughed as we flung flour everywhere. I squealed when he got it in my hair...this means war.

I charged for him but then I slipped. I tried to gain my balance by swinging my arms, but it didn't help. He caught me by the waist before I fell down. We stared at each other.

For the first time in awhile, I actually felt like a girl.

Thoughts of my first kiss replayed in my head. I straightened up. And muttered, “Thanks...again...”

He cleared his throat. “No problem.”

Awkward silence...

We looked around the kitchen. There was flour everywhere.

“We should clean this up...before Sungyeol comes home and throws a fit.” Myungsoo said.

I nodded in agreement.

 

There was a knock at the door.

“Come in!” he yelled.

The door opened and Hyungshik walked in. “Whoa...what happened here? Nevermind...don't even want to know. As long as you don't burn the dorm down, I'm okay with it.”

We laughed.

“Anyways, Myungsoo...I was informed that you have a tutoring session at 4:30?”

We looked at the time. It was 4:15.

“How can I have tutoring? I'm the number one in the class.” he said.

“No, you're tutoring someone...”

“Oh...chincha? Where?” Myungsoo asked.

“Dorm A.”

“Oh right! It's Tuesday, isn't it? Aish...I forgot. Thanks sunbae.”

“No problem! Bye!” he said and waved.

We bowed.

 

“You should go clean up.” I told him.

“No...I want to help you.” he insisted.

“It's okay. I can do it myself. You're going to be late....” I pushed him towards his room. I just noticed that his face was all white and some mix was on his nose. It was totally adorable.

He walked into his room and seconds later, I heard the shower turn on.

I looked at the kitchen and sighed. I started to clean up. About 10 minutes later Myungsoo ran out of the dorm with half-wet, half-dry hair.

“Bye!” he called.

“Annyeong! Thanks!”

 

I sighed and slid to the ground. The kitchen was finally clean. I took the icing and wrote, 'Happy Birthday Hoya!' on the cake.

I looked at the time. 5:08 Hoya should be back soon.

As if on cue, the door opened.

“Jason?”

“In the kitchen!” I yelled as I got up.

“What's going on?” he asked, laughing slightly. His hair was damp, probably from all the sweating and we was wearing a black wife beater. [a/n *drools*]

I smiled and picked up the cake. “Happy birthday!!!!”

“You made this?!”

I nodded. I wanted to say Myungsoo helped, but Hoya wasn't supposed to know.

“Thanks a lot. Really.” he said.

I nodded. “Anytime.”

 

He started to wipe my face with a tissue.

I totally forgot that I still had flour on my face!

He stood closer as he leaned in and wiped my nose and cheeks.

It was silent as I stared at him. But it wasn't awkward, not one bit. His eyes searched my face for anymore flour.

“So...what do you want for your birthday?” I said, but it came out as a whisper.

He pondered on the question. Then he looked at my lips before looking up at my eyes again.

“A kiss...from you."

 

============

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

comment please<33