Chapter 15

Be A Man

 

Ever since that day I've been trying to confront Myungsoo but he would just avoid me. The only time I saw him was at the dinner table. But that wouldn't be a very good place to discuss these matters, especially because there are 2 other people oblivious to the whole situation. You can't just confess to someone and ignore them! It's like marrying someone and then move into different apartments. It's just wrong.

A couple of days have passed and Myungsoo and I haven't said a word to each other. It's not like I didn't try, he just wouldn't cooperate.

One night I was thirsty and I opened the door. I walked into the kitchen but stopped when I saw Myungsoo getting a glass and set on the counter and just leave. He turned around but stopped when he saw me.

“It was you?” I asked, quietly.

He looked away.

“It was you all this time that would set the glass here for me every night?” I asked again.

“Yes. It was me.” those were the first words he has said to me in awhile.

“W-why didn't you tell me your feelings?”

“It wouldn't have made a different then like how it doesn't make a difference now.”

“It makes all the difference. If you would've told me before I wouldn't have spent all my time paying attention to Hoya and I would've gave you a chance.”

He just stared at me and walked away.

“Myungsoo please...” I grabbed his arm.

He turned to look at me.

God...his eyes were so sad.

“What can I do?” I asked him. [a/n *dances to Seungri*]

“Let go.”

I did as told.

“I hate seeing you this upset. You kept my secret, and you're such a great friend for that and--”

He scoffed. “Ha...right, friend.”

“...I mean...”

“You know what? Forget it. Just forget about what I said.” he walked into his room.

Dammit.

 

It was Friday, in other words, my birthday and Hoya and the rest were coming back. Or so I thought...

In the morning before school I was talking to Hoya on the phone.

“We aren't coming back today.” He told me.

“What?! B-but--”

“We got first place in the competition and we have to stay the weekend for the finals. Isn't that great?!”

“Yeah...but...”

“Oh babe, I got to go. Practice. I'll call you tomorrow okay? Muah~love you.” and the line went dead.

My birthday...

 

“_____-ah! Happy birthday!” Sungyeol yelled. The Sung brothers hugged me and gave me their gifts.

“We bought a cake too!” Sungjong said and smiled.

“Komawo. I'll open these tonight when we have cake.”

“Why do you look so sad?” Sungyeol asked.

“They aren't coming back today. And I think Hoya forgot my birthday.”

“Aniya~ he didn't forget. He's just busy...I'm sure he'll call you tonight or something.” Sungjong told me.

“I hope...”

 

I dragged my feet to class and sulked in the chair. I couldn't even pay attention to the lesson and got scolded.

After school I went back to the dorm and saw birthday cards from my family. I threw them aside after reading them. I sighed. This is the worst birthday ever...

I went into my room to change out of my uniform when I noticed a card on my dresser. I recognized the handwriting.

I opened the envelope and in it were two tickets to Teen Top's fanmeeting.

I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“What's going on?!” Myungsoo ran into the room. He had just gotten back because he still had his backpack on.

I screamed again and threw my arms around his neck.

His body tensed.

“Oh my god! You got me these?! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!” I said over and over.

“Uh...no problem.”

“It's today?! Awesome! I gotta find what to wear! Ah!”

He turned around to leave. “Wait! You got to wear something totally awesome!” I told him.

He turned back around and looked at me. He pointed to himself. “Me?”

I nodded.

“You got me two tickets. You're coming with.” I said.

“I got two so that you could take one of your friends. Not me...”

“But you're one of my—nevermind. GO CHANGE.” I pushed him out of my room.

At this point I didn't even care if we weren't on speaking terms. He's coming with me. It might be a good opportunity to let things be normal again.

 

We arrived at the fanmeeting place. I brought my 'Chunjoe' sign. Myungsoo followed behind me with his hands in his pockets. The area was starting to get crowded. I linked arms with him so we wouldn't get separated. The lady gave us both numbers. She gave Myungsoo a weird look before leaving.

“See? I don't belong here.” he said to me.

“I thought you weren't speaking to me...” I teased.

“Whatever...”

I screamed when I saw the lights dim and the beginning of 'Clap' could be heard.

“AHHH! CHUNJI OPPA!” I screamed at his parts.

I turned my head and Myungsoo was just intently watching the performance. I grabbed his arm and waved his hands like everyone else.

 

It was time for the fan service. All the of the members called a number, sadly, none of them were mine. Last was Chunji. He picked a number.

“Number 56!” he said into the microphone.

I frowned. SO CLOSE. My number was 55. Wait a minute...

I turned to look at Myungsoo. His eyes widened as he stared at the number in his hand. 56.

He was about to switch numbers with me when the girls next to him started to push him towards the stage. No ing way...

 

“Oh! A male fan!” Ricky said and clapped.

I chuckled at Myungsoo's face. He looked so embarrassed.

“So...what's your wish?” The host asked.

Chunji had a surprised look on his face at the sudden male fan.

Myungsoo started to think. He took the microphone and walked off. He grabbed my hand and led me to the stage. He pushed me in front of Chunji. I almost bumped into him.

“It's her birthday, so sing her a song.” Myungsoo said.

Chunji smiled and nodded. I almost fainted.

“Is this your girlfriend?” Chunji asked.

“Yes...she is.” I was too starstruck to even process what was going on. Lee Chanhee is in front of me.

The audience 'oooooh'ed.

Chunji started to sing a song. I couldn't stop smiling as I hid my face behind the Chunjoe sign.

The song ended to my disappointment. Chunji ended it with a hug. “Happy birthday.”

Everyone screamed. “Uh oh...I think her boyfriend is jealous.” Niel joked.

I looked at Myungsoo, he was giving Chunji a look.

“What's this?” The host asked looking at my sign.

“Chunji and L.Joe couple...” I said.

L.Joe and Chunji looked at each other and made a gag face.

 

“And that concludes the fan service! It's about time to wrap things up. But before you leave, let's have these boys perform one more song.” The host said.

Myungsoo and I walked off the stage and I enjoyed the last song in all smiles.

We were walking home and I couldn't stop talking about how amazing the boys were.

“Are you hungry?”

“Oh my god! And then when he winked, I almost died.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Then when Ricky did the matrix move, I was about to scream...well technically I did but--”

“YAH! ARE YOU HUNGRY?!?!”

“Jeez...why do you have to scream? And no...not really.”

“Well I am.” he pulled me into a random restaurant.

 

We sat down and ordered our food.

Two girls passed us.

“Hey! Aren't you the couple at the Teen Top fanmeeting?!” one asked us.

“Huh?”

“Yes they are! You're such a cute boyfriend willing to go with her. My boyfriend refused...” the other said.

“Yeah! Well happy birthday! It was nice seeing you!” the first girl said and they left.

“What are they talking about? Couple?” I asked Myungsoo.

“I don't know...” he innocently shrugged and looked away.

I narrowed my eyes at him but before I could say anything, the food arrived.

 

We got back to the dorm.

“Thanks a lot for today! It was the best birthday ever! Seriously!” I told him.

“No problem.”

“Yah! Where have you two been?! We've been waiting to cut the cake!” Sungyeol screamed.

“Mianhe...we went to Teen Top's fanmeeting.” I said.

“Really?! Well you must be tired so, go to bed. You can open our presents tomorrow.” Sungjong said.

I nodded and went into my room.

I washed up and went to bed. I smiled remembering all of the events that happened today. Then I thought of Hoya...I frowned and checked my phone.

0 new messages.

 

Myungsoo's POV

I called Hoya hyung.

“Yobuseyo?”

“Hey. How's the dancing?” I asked.

“Great. We're going to win for sure.”

“So did you get anything for _____?” I was curious if he could beat my awesome present.

“What? For what?”

“It's her birthday. Don't tell me you forgot...”

“!!!” I heard him scream.

I shook my head. I really didn't think he would forget...he kept asking me what he should get her.

“I can get her something tomorrow and give it to her when I come back right?!”

“Either way she knows you forgot.”

“!”

“Hyung...you better take good care of your girl before someone might take her away from you.”

“What's that supposed to mean?” he sounded stressed now.

“It meant exactly how it sounded.”

 

===============

even though i cut off the first part, it's still long~~~

but you guys don't mind right?

comment please<33