Chapter 16

Be A Man

 

I woke up on Saturday because my phone kept beeping.

Low battery?

I opened it and I had 15 missed calls. My eyes widened as I clicked open. They were all from Hoya. Some were from Woohyun.

“Looks like he remembered after all...” I said and got off the bed.

I walked into the bathroom and got ready for the day. I walked out my room and everyone was already up. They were all standing together looking at a piece of paper.

“What's going on guys?” I asked. They all looked up.

Sungjong ran over to me and hugged me.

“We get to go on a trip!” he said happily.

“Where?” I asked.

“Some camping center. Our whole school is going!” Sungyeol said.

I frowned. Camping? Ew...

“Why, you don't want to go?” Myungsoo asked.

“I've never been camping before...it sounds...yucky.” I imagined dirt, snakes and bathing in a lake.

“Of course...I forgot. You're a pampered rich kid.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

“Hey!” I pushed him.

He chuckled. “I'm kidding...but I'm sure you'll like it. It's fun!”

“When is it?” I asked.

“Wednesday til Friday.”

 

I walked to the kitchen. “Have you guys eaten yet?”

They all shook their heads. “Can I cook breakfast?!”

They gave me a look. “Can you cook?” Sungjong asked, scared.

“Uh...not really...but I can try! When I was younger, I used to watch my chefs cook.”

“O-okay then...well hurry so you can open your presents!” Sungyeol hesitantly said.

I nodded and gave them a thumbs up.

The Sung brothers left to go do something but Myungsoo stood in the same spot, staring at me with his hands in his pockets.

“Hwaiting!” I fist pumped.

He cocked an eyebrow up and chuckled.

 

I put on an apron and took out some eggs and bacon. Then I got out some Shake N Bake Pancake mix. I bit my lip and stared at all the ingredients. I hope I can do this...

I started to make pancakes before the eggs and bacon.

The first couple turned out burnt but I got better at it and the last couple were....decent.

I turned my head and saw Myungsoo at the table studying as usual. He looked up and our eyes met. He smiled his eye smile and continued to study. My heart fluttered. Oh god...why does he have to be cute while I'm cooking?! I'm gonna burn the whole dorm building down...

 

Then I started to make scrambled eggs. I cracked the eggs into the bwol and added a little milk. I tilted my head as I started to beat the eggs. How do I make them scrambled?

“Need help?” Myungsoo asked.

I jumped. “Oppa! Don't scare me!”

He laughed.

“Are you making scrambled eggs?” he asked.

I nodded. “How do I make them?”

“Just pour it in the pan, and then once they cook a little, use the the spatula to scramble it like this...” he said.

H stood behind me and his hand went on top of mine and we pour the egg in the pan together. His hand was gentle.

I grabbed the spatula and his hand wrapped around mine again. Then he helped me cook the eggs. He scraped the perfect scrambled eggs into a plate. Steam came up as I stared at it.

I looked up at him as he had a smug smile on his lips.

“You know how to cook!?”

“Of course. Not all of us have gourmet chefs in our home.” he said and lightly tapped my chin.

 

I blinked twice before cooking the last thing; bacon.

I put the bacon on the pan and it started to sizzle. I honestly didn't know how long to cook it so I just waited.

I felt a weight on my shoulder.

“Mmmm...smells yummy.” I could smell his minty breath.

I turned my head and his face was just inches from mine.

He kissed my cheek.

I blinked in surprise. “Y-yah! Stop distracting me. I'm trying to cook. What if I burn the dorm down and we die?!”

“Stop being a drama queen. We wouldn't die. I'd do anything to save you.”

I softened. I turned to look at the bacon.

“Omona!” I quickly put it on a plate. They were almost burnt.

“It's okay...I like my bacon crunchy.” he told me.

 

Sungyeol and Sungjong came running in.

“Wah! Smells yummy!” Sungjong said and clapped.

I bit my lip, nervous.

They took a bite of the pancakes.

“EW! WHAT THE--” Sungjong screamed but abruptly stopped.

I banged my forehead on the table.

“It's delicious.”

I looked up. It was Myungsoo who had said that. I smiled. “Really?”

I looked at Sungjong. He was rubbing his leg and glaring at Myungsoo.

Sungyeol just sat there, chewing slowly and trying to smile.

“OH MY GOD I FAIL!” I wailed.

“I told you, it's delicious.” Myungsoo said, poking my head.

 

“Mmmm...the eggs are yummy!” Sungjong said taking another bite.

I looked at Myungsoo, and he gave me a wink. I grinned.

“The bacon's really...crunchy...” Sungyeol said taking a bite and wincing.

I groaned and hid my face.

“No no...I like it crunchy.”

After they were done, they gave me my presents.

Sungyeol got me a new shirt(that Sungjong gladly help pick out) and Sungjong got me a gift set with different lotions and perfumes.

“Are you implying that I smell bad?!” I joked.

“No! I just thought it would be good to have these so you don't have to keep using boy fragrances....”

I laughed. “I know. I was joking. Thanks guys! Really!” I hugged them.

 

As Sungjong and Sungyeol went to visit their families, Myungsoo and I decided to clean up.

“Why don't you ever visit your family?” I asked him as we were piling dishes in the sink.

“They live far from Seoul. They expect me to study rather than visit them anyways.” he told me.

“Really? Do you ever miss them?”

We were starting to wash the dishes.

“Sometimes. When I was at home, I was always in my room anyways.”

“Studying?”

“Yeah...or I would just stay up there because they'd always be screaming at each other.”

I frowned and put my head on his shoulder because I couldn't hug him, my hands were wet.

He put his head on my head symbolizing he hugged me back.

“Do you have any siblings? You know...to talk to?”

He shook his head. “No. I'm an only child.”

“Friends?”

“Didn't have any.”

“Girl...friend?”

“Never fell in love...”

I froze.

“Until now.”

I bit my lip. “So you never really had anyone?”

He shook his head. “But I have you, right?”

I nodded and smiled.

 

As we were washing the dishes, he lifted his hand which was filled with bubbles. He blew it on me and one landed on my nose. I stared at it, going cross-eyed.

He laughed at my ridiculous face.

He leaned in and blew the bubble off of my nose.

I blushed at how close our faces were.

Okay, right now...at this very moment, my heart is as confused as ever.

 

==========

don't worry team hoya people...he's going to come back soon! haha.

team myungsoo people, hope you liked this chapter!

people who aren't on a team....hope you like the story so far! :D