Chapter 17

Be A Man

 

The next day, Dongwoo called telling us they'd be back that night. I was still upset about the fact that Hoya forgot my birthday. Lucky for me, Myungsoo helped get my mind off of him.

I was reading a magazine on the couch when the door burst open.

“WE. HAVE. ARRIVED!” Dongwoo yelled.

I chuckled. What an entrance...

“Dongwoo....shut the up and help us with the luggage. Half of it is yours.” Sunggyu said, struggling to get through the door.

“Oh...mian...”

Suddenly, Dongwoo and Sunggyu crashed to the floor with the luggage squishing them. Hoya managed to push them out of the way.

“YAH!” they both yelled.

Hoya ran to me. “BABYYYYY~~~~”

“Don't 'baby' me...you birthday forgetter!” I said.

He picked me up and spun me around. “I'M SOOOOOOO SORRY FOR FORGETTING YOUR BIRTHDAY! Chincha! My insides are about to fall out of my because of how much guilt was weighing in my heart! I'm really sorry! REALLY SORRY! I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love youuuuuu~”

After every 'I love you' he gave me a kiss somewhere on my face.

“Oh, just forgive him already! He kept us up all night because of his mourning.” Woohyun said as he dropped the luggage.

I gave Hoya a look. He pouted and used his aegyo.

“Pwease?!” he did puppy dog eyes.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Fine...”

“WOO HOO!” he picked me up and spun me around again. He set me down and touched my nose.

“You are the best girlfriend ever. I am the worst boyfriend ever. I'm going to find a way to make it up to you. I promise!”

I smiled and nodded.

 

“What place did you get in the finals?” I asked.

“Last...”

“WHAT? Why?”

“Hoya here...couldn't concentrate on the practicing and totally messed up the whole routine.” Dongwoo said, trapping Hoya in a head lock.

I frowned. Was it because of me?

“It's okay. We still got first in round one and two...I'm sure we'll get recognized somehow...” Hoya said, pushing Dongwoo off of him.

 

We heard a door open. Sungjong and Sungyeol ran out to see their hyungs.

“How was Japan?! Was it fun?” they bombarded them with questions.

Hoya pulled me to the side.

“So what did you do on your birthday?”

“Oh! Myungsoo oppa took me to Teen Top's fanmeeting!”

“Chincha?!”

I nodded. “Chunji sang me happy birthday!”

“I saw an article on the internet about how one of the members sang happy birthday to this guy's girlfriend. Looks like your birthday is pretty common!” he smiled.

“Yeah. But I'm pretty I'm the only girl that they--” I stopped. I thought about the girls at the restaurant and what they said...

He pointed to me. “Was that you?”

I blinked up at him. I was too confused at the situation.

 

A door opened and Myungsoo walked out.

“Yes it was her.” He said.

Hoya turned to look at Myungsoo.

“And who are you to tell them she was your boyfriend?” Hoya asked.

“I can't? Ah~ you should've seen everyone's faces. I should've told them the story about me taking her first kiss too. But that would've been too much...” Myungsoo said with cocky grin.

Hoya glared at him. “You kissed her?”

“I kissed her before you did.”

I turned to look at everyone, and they were all watching us with shocked faces.

I pulled on Hoya's sleeve and pointed to everyone.

He got the hint. “You...come with me...” he pointed to Myungsoo then pointed outside.

Hoya walked to the door with Myungsoo following after.

I don't have a good feeling about this...

 

Hoya's POV

I was BEYOND pissed now.

“Is that what you meant when you were talking on the phone with me the other night?!” I asked him.

He nodded.

“Yah. You know I love her, Myungsoo-ah.”

“I love her too.”

Aish...

I messed up my hair in frustration.

“Why? You think I'm competition? Are you not that confident?” He asked me.

I cocked an eyebrow up. “What?”

“You have to think...I might be better for her than you.”

He was crossing the line.

“Don't make me lose my temper Kim Myungsoo...” I said through gritted teeth.

“What kind of boyfriend forgets his own girlfriends birthday? If I wasn't there, who would she have gone to to enjoy her birthday?”

“Don't turn the tables. I'm going to say this once...and only once...stay away from _____. She's mine.”

“No.” he firmly said. “I want my chance for her too.”

“We're friends. How could you do this?”

“You don't know the pain I feel when you two are together. Why does it have to be you? What have I done to deserve all this hurt? But I'm tired of being stepped on all my life. I'm taking control. I'm going to do all I can to win her heart...if I haven't already.” he said and turned to leave.

 

_____'s POV

I bit my lip and I watched Myungsoo walk back into his room.

Hoya walked in and looked at me. He strode towards me.

“You guys kissed?” he asked me.

“It was only an accident. I fell and he caught me and our lips kinda...” my voice trailed off.

“But still...I would kill to be your first kiss...” he said and touched my lips.

“What happened out there?” I whispered.

“It's nothing for your pretty little head to worry about...” he said.

“But...you look so upset. And so did Myungsoo Oppa...”

“Don't even say that name in front of me. I don't consider him a friend anymore...” he said, angrily.

“You guys share the same room. Isn't it gonna be a little awkward?”

He shrugged.

“Why don't you room with Sungjong and have Sungyeol Oppa room with Myungsoo Oppa?” I suggested. [a/n SungSoo couple<333]

“Ani...I think we can handle it. I mean, it's only sleeping.” he said.

 

Sunggyu walked over. “Is everything alright?” he squeezed Hoya's shoulder.

“Yeah hyung. Don't worry about it...”

Sunggyu didn't look persuaded. “We'll talk later.”

 

Monday came around and I went back to my usual schedule.

The bell rang for lunch, and we all piled out of the room.

“Park Jason?” the teacher asked while I walked passed his desk.

“De?”

“Can I have a word with you?”

I nodded.

“I'll see you at the table.” Hoya said and left with the others.

“You know the school trip?” he asked me.

“Yeah what about it?”

“You need a C or higher in all classes to attend. You have a 68% in Mathemathics.”

“WHAT?!”

“If you don't bring your grade up , I'm afraid you can't go.”

I frowned.

“Is there any extra credit I can do? Please...I really want to go.” I didn't want to miss out my first time camping.

“Don't tell the other students...but I'm planning a Pop Quiz tomorrow. So study hard.” he whispered.

I nodded. Study...study...

“Hwaiting~”

 

I went to the lunch table where everyone else was already seated and eating. I sat next to Hoya and across from Myungsoo.

“What happened?” Hoya asked me, taking my hand.

“I have a D in math...if I don't bring it up by tomorrow, I can't go on the trip.”

“Chincha?” Sungjong asked.

I nodded and put my forehead on the table.

“Ottoke~” I whined. I felt Myungsoo's foot touch mine as if saying, 'It's gonna be alright.'

“How can you bring a grade up in a day?” Sungyeol wondered out loud.

“Pop Quiz tomorrow...I got to study.” I didn't care if I told them. They're all good at Math.

“Pop Quiz?”

I nodded and put a finger to my lips.

“Why don't you let Myungsoo tutor you?” Woohyun suggested.

I brightened. Myungsoo is number one in the class...

I gave Hoya an unsure look. He squeezed my hand.

“Oppa...can you tutor me?” I asked Myungsoo.

“Sure.” he smiled.

“Yah...aren't you going to ask for my permission?” Hoya glared.

“No.”

Awkward atmosphere...

Dongwoo coughed. “So...let's talk about Big Bang's new comeback guys!”

 

=================

study date with myungsoo~~

this reminds me of me...lol. i have a algebra test coming up... *goes to study inequalities* but i don't have a myungsoo here to help me. =___=

comment please! <3