Here's What Happened

Only Tears

Written by nihkchar


L.Joe's POV

Who knew strawberry and mint ice cream go well together? I started stuffing my face more as I continued watching the magical box that displayed moving pictures for the past 4 hours. They were sad moving pictures though. So sad, I felt like crying. But I didn't and just focused on the tv.

A few minutes later, Chunji came out of his room with half opened eyes. I looked at the clock that read 12pm. Sleeping in again? He made his way towards the kitchen. "Isn't it a little too early to be eating ice cream?" He asked.

"It's 12 already, it isn't considered early." 

"Are you ohk?" He asked. I looked at him, "yeah. Why do you ask?"

He picked up a can from a plastic bag full of the things I bought at the store this morning. "You bought dog food," he stated.

"What's your point?"

"We don't even own a dog..."

...

Awkward.

"I thought it was... tuna..." I covered.

He dragged his feet to the couch and then plopped down next to me. Then he took my mixed carton of ice cream and ate some. "Ya~" I said "That's my carton. Get your own." He just continued eating, unphased by my words. It's because I'm short isn't? It lowers down my scariness, doesn't it~

Then I started wondering... "Ya~ hyung," I said. He looked at me. "Does Seulmi's parents know about her getting into a car accident?" He shook his head. "Ani. I didn't put it down their number because I forgot their number and it's not stored on my phone."

"Are you planning on telling them?"

"Neh. I was going to go to their house and tell them today in person."

I nodded my head. Such horrible news you have to break to your future girlfriend's parents... Chunji must feel nervous... I started patting his back. "Well good luck, hyung. Hwaiting~!" I got up to scurry away, but that damn Chunji was too fast. He grabbed my wrist. "Nah-ah. I don't think so. You're coming with me."

I pouted. "But why, hyung? You're really going to make me go into the outside world?" I tried to pry his hand off my wrist. "Hyung, don't do this to me. I'm not ready!" He wouldn't budge. Instead, he took the carton of ice cream and shoved a spoon full of the minty strawberry goodness in my mouth. "I'll buy you more ice cream on the way back."

I smiled and ate the remains of the ice cream in my carton. "Ohk~"

 

Chunji's POV

We arrived at Seulmi's parent's doorstep. I grabbed onto L.Joe's collar before he tried to sneak away. "Man up, L.Joe. How are you supposed to tell Raerim you're in love with her if you can't even do this simple thing?"

L.Joe growled at me. "I am not. in love. with Raerim."

"Sure, you aren't," I replied sarcastically. I pressed the Kim's doorbell button and waited for someone to answer the door.

When the door opened, Seulmi's dad greeted us. "Will would you look at that. It's Chunji and L.Joe at my front door," he smiled at us and moved aside. "C'mon in, guys. It's been awhile since I've seen you two." He turned into the house and yelled out, "Yeobo~ Chunji and L.Joe are here~"

We walked into their house and sat down on their couch, waiting for Seulmi's mom. When she walked in, she smiled and greeted us. "It's so nice to see you two. What brings you guys here without my Seulmi-ah? I miss her."

"And Raerim too," Mr. Kim said. "I haven't seen that little rascal in forever."

I laughed nervously and then looked to L.Joe, trying to get him to tell them what happened. Karma hit me and he whispered to me, "man up, hyung."

I sighed and looked back at the Kims who were looking at us concerned. "You see~ Raerim and Seulmi... Got into a car accident a few days ago..." I paused to let them understand my words and to see their reaction. Mrs. Kim was already tearing up, "a car accident?" she asked. "But how?"

I went on to explain everything. "The brakes in Seulmi's car stopped working and they hit a pole." Her mom broke out into full out tears now. "Are they...?" She asked, too scared to even finish her question. I was too scared to even hear the remainder of her question.

"No. No." I quickly said. "They're fine. They're both fine." I said. 

L.Joe continued, "They just have some minor scratches and a couple sprained things. But they're both alive and fine."

Mrs. Kim's cries started to get calmer. "That's good." She said. "Can we visit them?"

I nodded. "But the doctor told us they might either have post traumatic amnesia or childhood amnesia." I then heard Mrs. Kim's sharp intake of breath. And for the first time since I started explaining the accident, Mr. Kim spoke up. "Am-- Amnesia?" He said.

I slowly nodded as I saw his eyes get watery. I felt so bad like someone was literally squeezing my heart in their hand because in all my years of knowing Mr. Kim and hanging out with him and Seulmi here, this is the first time I've seen him cry. I bit my lip, trying not to cry myself.

"Do you think we can visit her... right now?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"We were just going to go after this," L.Joe said.

"We'll go get ready. Gaja~" She wrapped her arms around Mr. Kim's arm and helped him up. They left to their rooms as we waited for them to get ready.

After a couple of minutes, L.Joe pats my back. "Good job, hyung! You did great." I glared at him. "Shut up, Byunghun."

 


nihkchar: another chapter, done. yaaay :D