It's Quiet... Too Quiet...

Only Tears

written by nihkchar


Seulmi's POV

"I think we should get going," I said when I met up with Raerim out in the living room. Chunji followed me out of his room. "Wait~ why don't you two stay for dinner?" 

"I'm kind of tired though," Raerim said, looking at the floor. She did look tired...

"But we have ice cream," Chunji said. Raerim looked up at him, blinked a couple of times. "Well, if you insist~"

Of course~ for the ice cream.

They ordered take out and we were sitting in the living room. L.Joe was sitting next to me on my left. Chunji was across from me with Raerim on his right. We were almost done eating and surprisingly it was unusually quiet. The atmosphere was kind of awkward.

I was chewing my last bits of food when I saw L.Joe and Raerim reach for the last dumpling. They looked up and once their eyes met, Raerim immediately looked down. "Go ahead, you take it." L.Joe said. I raised my brow a bit. Is L.Joe... giving her the last dumping? That's a first...

"No, it's your food." Raerim said and pushed the dumpling towards him.

And Raerim's declining food? The world is coming to an end!

L.Joe took the dumpling and placed it on her plate. "It's ohk, just take it." He then got up. "I'll go get the ice cream now." When he disappeared into the kitchen, I turned my attention back to Raerim who was looking at her empty plate. "Are you ohk?" I asked. "You're normally not quiet." She slowly turned her head to look at Chunji. He sensed her gaze and read it well. "I think I'll go help L.Joe with the ice cream." He got up and disappeared into the kitchen as well.

 

 

L.Joe's POV

"Yo~" 

I turned around to see Chunji walking towards me. "Why is Raerim so quiet?" He whispered. 

I sighed as I stopped trying to scoop the ice cream out of the carton. "Raerim forgot what happened to her parents. And I'm worried about how she might take it." I awkwardly went back to scooping the ice cream out.

"Is that why they're here?" He asked. I nodded my head. "When are you going to tell her?" I shrugged, "I don't know."

Chunji bit down on his lip, understanding everything. "You already know Seulmi can't comfort her. Even before Seulmi couldn't," he paused and looked me dead in the eye. "Only you can."

I took a inhaled deeply and exhaled the same. "I know."

 

Seulmi's POV

After Chunji disappeared to the kitchen, I looked at Raerim. "Well? Why are you so quiet?" She turned to me and whispered everything that happened in L.Joe's room. My eyes slowly grew wide when she finished.

"How do you feel about it?"

"I don't know. My mind went blank when he hugged me!" She quietly screamed as she held her head. She looked like she was on the verge of going psycho. "Well if it makes you feel any better, I don't know how I feel about what happened in Chunji's room. He played me a song on the piano, fixed my bangs, my cheek with his thumb and told me I was in his heart along with my memories." I brought my knees up and rested my chin on them. "I don't know how to describe how I felt. It's so weird."

Raerim sighed. "What's up with them? Why are they suddenly like this?"

We jumped when L.Joe and Chunji walked in. "Ice cream for dessert!" Chunji brightly said and handed me my bowl.

 

L.Joe's POV

"What were you guys talking about?" Chunji asked when we started eating our ice cream. Seulmi opened , but Raerim cut in. "Nothing!" She looked around the living room. "We were just talking about how your floor matches your wall... You guys have good sense of design..." She awkwardly laughed and went back to eating her ice cream.

"But we didn't design this place... Every apartment is the same." Chunji said as we looked at her weirdly. I scooted closer to Raerim and examined her face. She placed her hands over her cheek. I thought something was off so I placed my hand on her forehead. "Are you ohk? You feel warm."

She blinked at me before quickly standing up, still holding her cheeks. "Well thanks for dinner and everything! C'mon, Seulmi, let's go. Mochi's waiting~"

"Who's Mochi?" Seulmi asked.

"Our cat silly~"

"But... we don't have a cat..."

"Well then let's get one!" Raerim snapped and hurriedly walked over to the door, put on her shoes, and left. I looked back to Seulmi. "Is she ohk?"

She shrugged and then stood up. "I don't know. Well, I guess we'll go now... And get a cat..." She walked over to the door and started putting on her shoes. Chunji got up as well. "I'll walk you guys out." He walked Seulmi out while they just left me here, confused.

I wonder why she's acting so weird?

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMpKjIqLW1g&feature=related)

 

Seulmi's POV

"Well, bye." I said as I waved at Chunji. Raerim was already sitting in the car, waiting for me with her hands patting her cheeks. "Bye," he said back. I only took about three steps to the car when I was grabbed my wrist and spun around to be embraced. "Drive safely," he whispered and hugged me tighter. 

My heart beat started to increase. I didn't know what I should do so I just nodded my head. When he let go, he held my shoulders and smiled at me. I smiled back and he pinched my cheek. "Bye~" he said again.

"Bye," I said and turned around, slowly walking to the car. I shook my head, hoping to get rid of my pink cheeks. I patted my cheeks like how Raerim did. So this was why she was holding her cheeks~

What just happened?

 


nihkchar: ... I don't think I have anything to say?

cheesebloo: Me... either... xD

comment/subscribe