That Moment

Only Tears

Written by: cheesebloo


Chunji's POV:

"We should go back. They're probably looking for us." I said before turning away from Changjo and started following the foot tracks I left on the sand; walking back to the world I left momentarily. After the many failed attempts made by Changjo of trying to stir a conversation with me, the walk back to civilization was quiet. I turned my head to the side slightly and looked at the sun, as it was slowly but surely, started hitting the thin ocean line; making the sky have that orange-yellowish hue with a blue and purple layer on top of it. I slowed my walking pace down as I slipped both my hands into the pockets of my swimming trunks and started to take in the scenery that was before me. 

"Chanhee-"

I blinked a couple times before straightening my head and averting my gaze from the sunset to the owner of the voice. That particular voice belonged to none other than Seulmi, who stood right at the middle of the side walking and wearing that worried expression of hers. I stayed standing there quietly and just looked at her, waiting to see what she'll do or say next. "Uhm..." Changjo hushly said behind me. I turned my head a bit to glance at him and noticed that he was now next to me. He looked at her before looking back at me and he continued to speak with an awkward tone in his voice. "I'll just go ahead and leave you two be..." Changjo then started to slowly walk over and pass Seulmi. After a few more steps, he then turned around and flashed me a smile with both of his thumbs sticking up before running off to god knows where. I squinted my eyes at his back, hoping he'll feel my glare pierce into the very core of his soul. 

After the figure of him disappeared, my gaze averted back to Seulmi, who was now looking at whatever is behind me. I raised an eyebrow, curious at what she was looking at it. She soon caught my expression and quickly shook her head, answering my question. Another moment of silence has passed and at this point it was obvious that neither of us would talk unless the other will. Letting a small sigh, I stepped forward and keeping my eyes on her before speaking. "It's been a while since I heard you say my real name."

She lifted her head and slightly tilting it to the side. "Hm?" she hummed out softly. I took another step forward and shook my head. "Nothing. I just said it's been a while since I heard you say my real name." Seulmi started to nod as her lips started to slightly pierce. "Oh..." she said softly and looked up at me. She then took a step forward as she swayed to her right side. "Are you feeling ohkae now?" she asked with a hint of caution in her voice. A corner of my lips curled up slightly and gave her a small smile before nodding at her question. 

"Why were you upset though?" she asked before continuing. "I tried following you but then you walked so fast, I couldnt catch up." A soft chuckle left my lips as I looked down, trying to keep an amused smile from forming. Even with your memory gone, you still do the same things you did before. I soon lifted my head and looked back. I began walking towards her and stood right in front of her. "If I tell you why... dont get surprised" I warned. Seulmi tilted her head a bit more and gave me one of her cute confused looks. Letting out another chuckle, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close to me to the point that there was no longer any space between us. Her expression swiftly moved from confusion to surprised in merely seconds. A small grin formed on my lips as my eyes moved down and focused on her lips before leaning my head towards her.

 

L.Joe's POV:

I stretched my arm out and took a white shirt out of my bag before putting it on. According to how the sun is aligned, It's been about an hour since Chunji abruptly left and scurried off somewhere and 20 minutes since Seulmi started worrying more and went off to look for him again. A content sigh left me as I looked at the beautiful scenery and enjoyed the sunset and how the waves gently crashed on the shore. My eyes then unconciously landed at Raerim, who was slowly walking towards the shoreline. For some reason, at that moment, everything started to slow down and froze and I couldnt take my eyes off of her. 

My eyes continued to stay at her as she walked forward as the water was falling back into the ocean and soon ran when the water reached the shore. A smile then started to grow on my lips. "She's so much like a kid. Her height doesnt help her either..." I mumbled to myself. As if she heard me, she turned her head and looked right at me with a blank expression. I raised an eyebrow before blinking, wondering if she suddenly had keen hearing. But that blank expression then turned into her smiling right at me. I smiled back.

However that smile of mine didnt stay on my face for even a minute. Once I saw Changjo walk towards her, the smile I once had disappeared in a blink of an eye and annoyance suddenly started to shower over me. The image of them splashing water at each other disgusted me to the point where I had to look away and preoccupy my mind on something. To my fortune, I saw Seulmi walking back with Chunji not far behind from her. Curiousity started to build up when I noticed Seulmi was looking down as if she was trying to hide her face. Once she got to me, I squinted my eyes. "Seulmi... Are you... ohkae?" I asked. 

Her head shot up and looked at me with her eyes widening a bit. I saw that her cheeks had a hint of pink on it and she soon covered them once she saw me staring at them. "H-huh?" she stuttered before clearing and attempting to speak properly but failed. "Uhm... Yeah I-I'm fine. Just... You know...." Silence then filled the air. She then let out a nervous and awkward chuckle before reaching for Chunji's bag. I watched her every action before looking up at her, suddenly curious at what happened. "You sure? You seem a little-"

"Wrong bag Seulmi" Chunji's voice suddenly appeared, resulting me to turn my head to look at him. He bent down and reached for her bag before straightening his back and handing her the right bag. "Oh..." Seulmi said softly before quickly getting her bag from him and handing him his. "Thank you..." she said again as she slowly looking up to look at him before continuing. "Chunji...." Chunji then smiled at her softly before she quickly turned around and walked to the other direction. My eyes followed her for a short while before turning my head to look up at Chunji, who was watching her.

"What happened between you and Seulmi?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

Chunji stayed quiet and kept his eyes on the direction Seulmi took before responding.

"Dont worry about it."

 


 

cheesebloo: eyy guess who's back! please dont kill us we bring you good news. so we know we havent updated for.... about two years and we honestly dont know how much of you are still reading this story, but to those who waited for so long and are still reading this fanfic, we are finishing this story. you might have to give us more time because the ideas we had down on paper are some how in a dimension unknown in someone's bedroom... /eyes buntokki/ and they are kinda lost forever. dont worry though we know the main ideas we originally have as well as how this story is going to end so no worries really. I know this is also a really short update but you know... cliffhangers for your soul. dont kill me for that either. what do you guys think Chunji and Seulmi did? let your imagination go wild and leave your opinions down at the comment section below. I swear I felt like a youtuber there for a second. but yeah. see you guys when we update again.

buntokki: ew, my username. I need to change it— anyways, cheesebloo pretty much said everything. so yeah, do not kill us. thanks. you'll need us to finish this story.  so comment below, it motivates us more. and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't already. we promise we'll finish this!