Jello Cup

Only Tears

Written by cheesebloo


Raerim's POV:

"Do you remember your age ?" the doctor asked. I then looked at the ceiling then back at her. "I'm 16 right ?" I said even though it hurt to move my mouth. "I dont know why... but i feel 16" The doctor then chuckled. "You look 16..." she said. "Maybe even younger." I chuckled along with her because it's true. Even Seulmi agrees with this. "Do you remember who you were with when you got into the accident ?" I titled my head. "I was in an accident ?" I asked her. She then nodded. "You were. You were the driver & you hit that pole pretty hard ~" My eyes grew wide. "Really ?" I said. "All i remember was seeing Seulmi's face then I blanked out."

She then smiled then nodded. "You remember your name ?" she asked & I nodded. "Park Raerim." She smiled. We then heard a knock on the door. She got up, walked over to the door & revealed a pretty good looking guy, but with a weird hair color. He had purple hair & it honestly looks like he just got out of bed. I also noticed that his ears were pierced & but he had two on his right ear. He was looking at me & I could honestly feel my cheeks becoming warm. Weird handsome dude is staring at me... ohkae... that's a first. 

"May I help you ?" The doctor asked him. "Oh... I'm here to see her... The doctor outside said it's ohkae to visit her." Me ? He's here to see me ? Me ? Really ? A good looking guy like him is here to see me ? I should come to the hospital more often then ~ The doctor then handed him a clipboard & pen. He then looked at her as he whispered something I couldnt make out. He made his way towards the seat near the door. The doctor then walked over to me & sat down. "Who's that ?" I asked quietly, so i dont offend him. She then tilted her head. "You dont know him ?" I then looked at him.

L.Joe's POV:

When I stepped into Raerim's room, the doctor was in there. But that wasn't the first thing I noticed. The first thing I noticed was Raerim and her pale skin along with a cut near her lips. I didn't notice I was staring at her & her staring at me, until the doctor spoke up. "May I help you?"

I told her I was here to see Raerim. She gave me a clipboard and then she asked me to fill out some basic information about Raerim. I then accepted the clipboard & pen as she continued. "If you dont know some it's ohkae, we can always ask her parents." I then looked at her concerned. "If you dont mind me asking but could you ask her about her parents ?" I asked. "Like what happened to them... Who they are ?" The doctor then looked at me with curiousity. "Why ?" she asked. "Her parents arent here ?" I cant tell her the story... I swore Raerim I wouldnt tell anyone about this... "Yeah ~ Her parents are in Singapore ~ They moved there after we graduated high school ~" i lied.

She then nodded her head. "If she forgots what happened to her parents, I'll tell her myself ~" The doctor then smiled. "Of course ~" I then nodded as I went to the available seat next to the door & started filling all the boxes. I'm surprised that I knew all the questions. I then kinda made a face. Ugh... I feel like a parent & I'm only 19...

The doctor then stood up & walked over to me. "Are you done filling it out ?" she asked politely. I then nodded as I gave it to her. She accepted it & looked at me. "Is it ohkae if I can talk to you outside ?" I then nodded as we walked outside. She closed the door behind her & looked at me. "If you dont mind me asking, What's your relationship between Raerim & yourself ?" I blinked as I answered her question. "We're just close friends, We've known eachother since elementary ~"

She then nodded her head as she looked at both clipboards. "She still remembers her name & other basic information. She switched the day she was born with her age. So she basically thinks she's 16 when really she's 19 ~" I chuckled alittle. She looks like one ~ "There's more bad news then good news though." she said. I looked at her as I started to feel nervous. "Since she has a mild concussion, she'll suffer from post-traumatic amnesia. I also asked who her parents were & she seems to remember them what their names are. But she doesnt remember what happened to them." I sighed. I was afraid of that...

"For now, I suggest you try & help her remember people & events that happened in her life. It'll really help her remember ~" She said. I then nodded slowly. She continued, "It'd be a shame to see her not remember you." She looked down at the clipboard and then back at me and smiled. "You seem to know everything about her." I awkwardly chuckled at that and scratched the back of my head. "Ahh~ well... I've known her since the first grade so..."

She just nodded her head at me, understanding my poor explanation. "Well all I can say is to really try and help her remember. You're a great best friend and she's going to need you, especially at a time like this." I nodded my head and bowed, "Gamsahabnida ~" I said as she walked away. I then opened Raerim's door & walked in the room. She looked at me, like this was her first time seeing me. I then stood there, looking at her.

Raerim's POV:

For a few minutes, the doctor & that handsome purple hair guy went out. He then came back & now he's just standing there, just looking at me. "How are you feeling ?" He asked. I then shrugged my shoulders. "I dont know ~" I said. He then sat where the doctor sat before & it looks like he was blanking out. I looked at him & began to study his face. "Umm ~" I said. He then quickly snapped back to reality & looked at me. "Are you ohkae ?" I asked. "You've been dazing out ~" Both his lips & his eyes then smiled. OMO ~ He has a really nice smile ~ I should really start visiting the hospital more often ~ "No ~ I'm fine ~" He said. He then tilted his head as he sat on my bed. "This is the first time you asked if I was ohkae ~" he said as he tried to hug me. My body winced in pain and I tried to push him away. "Ow~! What are you talking about ?" I asked him. "Let go, you're hurting me. This is my first time seeing you."

He looked at me as his facial expression changed. "You... You... dont know who I am ?" he asked. I then awkwardly looked around. I shook my head "no".

"Raerim ~" he said. "It's me... L.Joe... Remember ?" I then tilted my head as I gave him a weird look. "You got mad at me for stealing that last jello cup in the first grade ~" he continued on. I shook my head. "I really don't remember you ~" I said. He then held onto my shoulders. I didn't realize it was dislocated until he touched it. "Ow!" I pushed his hand away and light massaged my shoulder. "Don't touch me."

"How can you not remember me?" he asked again. "What about Chunji ?" I then gave him a look. Ohk... This guy's a freak... "You dont remember Chunji either ?" He asked. "You have to remember, Raerim. Please!?"

I held onto both sides of my head as my head started spinning. I couldn't take it anymore. What is this guy's problem? "Nurse!" I yelled out for the nurse multiple times until they came in to shut up the purple-haired freak.

"Excuse me! Sir," they made him shut up. "Please, don't upset the patients. It's not good for their health."

I unlatched my hands from my ears when his yelling stopped to see the nurse escorting him outside my room. I took one final look at him as he stared at me. The expression on his face read 'heartbroken' and I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

The other nurse who came in, came by my side and helped me lay down. "Why don't you rest up?" I obliged as I let my eyelids fall closed.

(Listen as you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DUCf2ueXk to get the feel of the sadness :D)

L.Joe's POV:

As the nurse escorted me outside, all I could do was look at Raerim with pleading eyes. Although I knew it'd do nothing. She completely forgot about me... How could she forget about me? I've known her practically her whole life. I'm like her second half, not counting Seulmi. When the nurse finally let go of me, she closed Raerim's door and left me to myself. I looked around the hospital and everyone seemed calm and collected. Everything was fine.

Everything except me...

I clenched my jaw as my vision became blurry. I lost strength in my legs and soon collapsed and sat on the floor, holding my head between my knees as the hospital's stupid dust particles got into my eyes. Damn dust particles~ I tried to wipe the tears that were coming down my face, but it just replaced them with new ones. I was getting irritated with these tears and how they wouldn't stop.

And then I started having flashbacks...

"Ya~ you ate all my jello cups?!" Raerim said as she scanned all over her fridge. I scooped another spoon full of jello in my mouth and mumbled, "oh yeah. You need to buy more."

She closed the fridge and turned back to me. "There was a whole pack in there!"

I nodded, already knowing. "Yeah~ and now you need to buy more." She sighed. "This is just like 1st grade all over again when you stole the last jello cup."

I laughed, "you still remember that?"

She smiled and sat down beside me on the couch. "Of course. It's the first time I met you. How could I forget?" I shrugged and she chuckled as she snatched my jello cup away from me. "I don't think I could ever forget that~" she ate some of my jello, gave it back and then smiled at me.

I waited until my eyes stopped leaking to go to the restroom and wash up. I was shocked to see how puffy my eyes were because I've never cried this much. After washing my face, I waited until the puffiness in my eyes went away a bit before heading back to Chunji. I knocked lightly on the door and opened it to see Chunji on the seat, watching Seulmi sleep. Is this seriously what he's been doing? "Hyung?" I called out, quietly.

He slowly turned his head to me. You could tell that he's been crying too. His eyes were puffy & I could still see the water trail on his face. "Oh, L.Joe. You're back." he said as he took some tissue & wiped his face. "How was your visit with Raerim? Any luck?"

I thought back to my visit at Raerim's room, only realizing I've only spent about 7 minutes in there and then the rest of the hour trying to remove the dust particles in my eyes. I felt my throat clench up at the thought of Raerim forgetting me, but I think my eyes were all cried out. So I just shook my head. "Can we go home now ?" I asked him as I entered the room. He then slowly nodded as he sighed & got up. He looked at Seulmi one last time. He then leaned in & kissed her forehead. I looked away as I felt my heart getting tighter.

Chunji then walked towards me. "You're driving?" he asked, emotionlessly. I then slightly shook my head. "You drive." I said. quietly. "I drove our asses here... You drive our asses back home" I said as I walked out the room & shoved my hands in my pockets. The dust particales were getting to me again, but i them back in.

Chunji's POV:

The car ride was quiet. Normally, our car rides were filled with laughter & insults. Not today... or maybe for a while. Once we got home, L.Joe went straight to his room, slamming the door. I sighed as I walked over to my room. I took off my jacket & threw it on the floor. I placed the keys on my night stand as I laid in bed. My eyes then found it's way to my desk where a picture frame was placed.

I slowly got up & walked over to the desk & grabbed it. It was the most recent picture of L.Joe, Raerim, Seulmi & Myself. Behind the picture frame was a picture of Seulmi. Since it was taped, I removed it & looked at the picture as my vision became blurry again. I went over to my bed with the picture still in my hand. I then laid there as I stared at the picture. I turned the picture around to find her note.

Chunji-ah ~ No matter what we'll still be best of friends, right ? ^^
You wont forget me like how you keep forgetting your glasses in my house whenever you visit ? ㅋㅋ
Love you >3< 

Tears then started to roll down my face. I then took a pillow & threw it at my door. I then covered my face with my arm & started to sob the life out of me.

L.Joe's POV:

Once I got home, I went straight to my room & slammed the door behind me. I then stood there as Raerim's words started to echo in my brain. I couldnt take it anymore. I took the closest thing to me, grabbed it & threw it towards my closet. My closet door then opened. I walked towards my closet when I spotted something I havent seen in a while. I took the stuffed dog Raerim gave me for my 15th birthday. I then saw a piece of paper sticking out. I pulled it out & unfolded it. I sat down on the floor & read it.

L.Joe Baaaaabbbbooooo :b
Arent my presents getting better and better each year ? You should be thankful i got you something better this year not like last year. You got nothing but gift cards. Well... I'll try & be nicer next year... Even thought that's nearly impossible~ xD Anyways, Happy Birthday~
Love, Raerim

Tears fell down my face as I put the note aside. I looked at the stuffed animal. "Stupid Raerim..." I said. I then started sobbing twice as hard then when I was in the hospital. 


cheesebloo: Ahhh ~ So many depressing chapters ~!!!! It's making me cry ;~; Not only that will make me cry but this is the last chapter I will be writing ~ nihkchar will be writting chapters 6-10... So no more mister swiggly line for a while ~ xD Also... please give us some feedback by commenting & if you think this is an interesting story so far then subscribe ~!! It'll really help us

nihkchar: ahh, I hope I do ohk w/ those chapters. Anyways, comment and subscribe. Let us know how we're doing~

cheesebloo: See you all after chapter 10 ~ xD

*Comment & Subscribe ~