Hospital Blues

Only Tears

Written by nihkchar


Day 1
at the hospital

Raerim's POV 

4:36pm

I cried out in pain as I wiggled around in my hospital bed. I haven't been able to even roll over without feeling like my body would fall apart and I feel so trapped just laying here. I looked to my table to see my still full bowl of oatmeal they gave me for lunch. I frowned at it because for once in my life food couldn't help me. I cried out in pain again. I don't want to be here~

"Is everything alright in here?" One of the nurses came in to check up on me. I looked towards the door, frowned, and cried out again.

"Aww," the nurse crouched down to my side. "Would a jello cup make you feel better?" She pulled out a jello cup from behind her back and offered it. I smiled and took it quickly despit the pain in my shoulder. "Gamsahabnida!" I said as I took the spoon from her and put a spoon full of jello in my mouth.

My life in the hospital isn't so bad...

 

4:39pm

I cried out in pain again.

Lord, please, just take my life now T.T no more jello cups....

 


 

Seulmi's POV

6:14pm

I was looking around my room, waiting for the nurse to come up with some food. Then there was a knock on the door and one of the nurse's head popped inside. "I brought food~" she said and walked in. I smiled because I was hungry.

She rolled my table over to my bed and placed a bowl of vegetable soup on it. I looked down at it unamused and then looked back up at the nurse. "Is something wrong?" I nodded my head. "What is it?" I looked back down at the bowl, "I don't like vegetable soup."

"Oh... Well then what would you like?" She asked. I looked at her and said, "I want a pudding cup."

"But we don't have any pudding cups..."

I stuck my bottom lip out and my eyes got watery. "I want a pudding cup. Someone ate all my pudding cups. Why won't you give me a pudding cup?" I was about to start crying when one of the doctors came in. "What seems to be the problem here, miss?" The nurse walked over to the doctor and explained the situation. After a couple of minutes, the nurse ran out of the room and the doctor just smiled at me and said, "just wait, ohk?" I slowly nodded my head.

About 20 minutes later, the nurse came back with a grocery bag full of pudding cups and a plate of bulgogi. I smiled appreciatively and grabbed a pudding cup. I am one happy camper~

 


Day 2

Raerim's POV

2:49pm

I was in the middle of crying when the nurses came inside my room. "Raerim-sshi, what's wrong?" they asked. I tried to speak in between my sobs and sniffles, "I-I-I haven't... seen m-my... best friend. I miss... my best friend... Seulmi." I cried harder. One of the nurses came to pat my back. "Gwaenchana. Seulmi's just in the other room."

"Then why can't I see her? I wanna see my best friend!"

"You can't yet. You still need to rest."

Seulmi-ah... These ladies are mean. They won't let me see you T___T

 


Day 3

Raerim's POV

1:28am

I was laying on my bed, excited that I'd get to go to Seulmi's room later on in the day. I started singing...

"Going to see my best friend
My best friend, Seulmiiiii
I'm going to see my best friend
Because I miss her
SO MUCH!"
kekeke~

 


Seulmi's POV

11:43am

I noticed my phone on the table and I haven't picked up since. So I unlocked it and when I saw my wallpaper, I pouted. I miss Raerim...

I then opened up my pictures folders and scrolled through them. I noticed there weren't just an excessive amount of Raerim in my pictures, but also of that guy with the orange-tip hair. The only difference was his hair was black here and his hair is brown now. There were also a lot of a guy with purple hair. I guess we are friends~

I was busy scrolling through all my pictures when someone came in. "Seulmi-sshi, you have a visitor." The nurse said. She moved aside to reveal Raerim, smiling at me. "Raerim-ah~" I said. "Seulmi!" She squealed and ran towards me and hugged me. "I missed you!" We both said in unison.

 

12:22pm

Raerim: So did you have any visitors?
Seulmi: Neh~ This guy with brown hair with orange tips in the front.
Raerim: Why are being visited by freaks?
Seulmi: My freak was cute~ ... Who visited you?
Raerim: This guy named... Air Flow? I don't know.
Seulmi: Air Flow? What kind of name is that?
Raerim: I don't know, but Lord, have mercy on his parents for giving him that name. and that choice of purple hair...
Seulmi: He had purple hair?

I started thinking about the purple-haired guy in my pictures.

 


Raerim's POV

1:32pm

I was hungry so I went to go check the hospital's cafeteria if there was anything left to eat. I scanned the table, but all they had was little fish, some rice, and bread. All the kimchi was even gone. I was about to leave when I spotted a red colored cup. My eyes went big. Heaven~ I saw one last jello cup. I grabbed it and had just turned around when I heard someone address me. "Ya~ you with the jello cup. Where do you think you're going?"

I turned around to see an old lady with a cane angrily looking at me. "I'm going back to my room. Why?" I answered. 

"Not with my jello cup, you're not." She tried to grab my jello cup, but I pulled my hand back. "This is my jello cup. I got it first."

"You're just like that purple-haired boy that tried to steal my fruit cup."

Ugh. Purple-haired freak? "I am nothing like that purple freak." I stated.

She raised her cane, "give me my jello cup!" She swung, but I dodged it... barely. Whoa~ lady gots spunk~

I started running out of the cafeteria, yelling "my jello cup!" She waved her cane in the air and the last I heard her say was, "I'll get you someday!"

 


Doctor's POV

(a/n: kekeke~ yes. this doctor has his own POV. Only this once though)

4:42pm

I was going to go check up on Raerim because she hasn't complained for some time. I opened the door and peaked inside her room. 

She was lying on the floor... rolling around...

I slowly backed out of the room and closed the door quietly. I fixed my coat and smiled. I didn't see anything~ I started walking to my desk.

 


Seulmi's POV

5:18pm

Raerim came in with a pudding cup and I vaguely remember her saying she ate my last pudding cup. "Raerim," I called.

Raerim: "Neh?"
Me: "I hate you."
Raerim: "Mwoh? Wae?"
Me: "You ate my last pudding cup."
Raerim: "says the person who sold my beloved bear for a Yoseob poster."
Me: "At least I got something better~"
Raerim: "Well then~"

Raerim crossed her arms and turned her back and I did the same.

2 minutes later...

We both turned around and looked at each other before hugging each other.

Raerim: "I'm sorry I ate your pudding!"
Me: "I'm sorry I sold your bear!"
Raerim: "I'm sorry I'm such a horrible friend!"
Me: "I'm sorry I'm such a horrible friend too!"
Raerim: "It's ohk. We can be horrible together!"

we hugged each other and started crying as the nurses who came in to check up on us looked at us weirdly.

 


Raerim's POV

10:38pm

The doctor came into Seulmi's room to do a physical on her and then me. After he was done checking me, he read over the conditions we had. I looked over to Seulmi with water eyes.

Me: "Seulmi~" 
Seulmi: "neh?"
Me: "If we don't make it, Seulmi. Just know... Just know that I love you." I threw my arms around her and hugged her. She hugged me back and started tearing.
Seulmi: "I love you too, Raerim."
Me: "I really am thankful I have you in my life."
Seulmi: "Aww~ Raerim. You're the bestest friend anyone could ever have!"
Me: "We need to stay strong, Seulmi."
The Doctor: "You two only have minor scratches. You'll both li--"
Me: "SHHH~" Let us have our moment."
Seulmi: "Promise me one thing, though, Raerim."
Me: "Anything."
Seulmi: "Promise that... If only one of us makes it out alive... To never forget one another."
Me: "Of course."
The Doctor: "Omo~"
Seulmi: "Never let go, Jack~ Never let go~"
Me: "I'll never let go, Rose. Never!"
The Doctor: "You guys watch too much dramas..."

 


 

nihkchar: Omo, I wrote a chapter! Hwaiting~ :D kekeke~ I hope it turned out ohk though. Please ignore any spelling or grammatical errors~

cheesebloo: arent you just proud of her ? I laughed alot on the doctors POV ~ It was so funny ~ xD (The doctor will have fans... just watch ~)

*Comment & Subscribe~