What Do You Call This Feeling?

Only Tears

written by nihkchar


Seulmi's POV

"Neh... Neh... Neh, eomma," I said into the phone. I was on the phone with my mom asking her if we could borrow some money for food since Raerim spent it all on sweets every time she went to the store. She was watching me from the other side of the kitchen bar counter with her head resting on her arms. "Alright," I said, "love you too. By--"

"BYE EOMMAAAA!" Raerim shouted at the phone. "UWAH~" I flinched and covered her ears because I wasn't expecting her to do that. I glared at her as I put the phone back to my ear, hearing my mom laugh. "Tell Raerim I said bye."

"Ohk, bye eomma." I said and then ended the call. I put my cell phone down on the counter, still glaring at Raerim. "What was that for?" I asked.

She looked up at me with one of her puppy dog looks. "Well... I wanted to say bye to eomma too. She's practically the only mom I have left," she said in distress as she threw her hands up.

My eyes widened at her. Does... She remember about her mom? Raerim rested her chin on the counter as she sulked. "I mean... My parents don't even care enough to even check up on me. I have practically have no one besides you and your parents."

I blew air out of my lungs. Oh... So that's what she meant.

"Maybe they're just... busy." I said. She scoffed. "No one is that busy that they can't even take 2 minutes out of their day to call their one and only daughter!" She cried and put her head down on the counter.

"Then maybe you should ask L.Joe?" I suggested. She looked up at me. "Why should I ask that bastard?"

"Well... He's the only one that knows everything about you."

"So do you," she said.

I shook my head. "Not everything anymore. He knows more than I do now since the accident." She put her head down on the counter and started sulking again. "My life is now in the hands of an idiot." She sobbed.

 

Raerim's POV

I was anxiously sitting in the passenger's seat, waiting for Seulmi to start the car and drive to L.Joe and Chunji's place. Wherever they live. Seulmi awkwardly laughed into the phone. "Uhh Chunji-ah... Where do you live? I... forgot." She stopped talking as she listened to his instructions. "Ahh, arasseo. We'll be over in a few... Yes, we'll be fine." She hung up her phone.

After a few minutes on the road, we drove into a neighborhood. "Are we almost there?" I asked, looking around. It that I don't remember anything. I can't even remember what this area is called. "I don't know... Do you know where we are?" I whipped my head to look at her. "You don't know where we're at?" She frowned and shook her head. "Pull over," I instructed. I looked around again, trying to remember, but I just couldn't. Everything looked so unfamiliar.

I dug into Seulmi's bag and pulled out her phone. I dialed Chunji's number and then put it on speaker.

 

Chunji's POV

I was nervously sitting on my couch, wondering if Seulmi and Raerim were ohk. They already got into an accident while driving, they can't get into another right? I mean... What are the chances? I frowned at myself. This isn't similar to lightning. It's possible it could happen again...

Then my cell phone suddenly went off. I looked and saw it was Seulmi calling. I picked up, "neh?"

"CHUNJI, HELP! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" Raerim screamed in the phone. I had to pull the phone away at an arm's length just so I don't go deaf. After she was finished, I put the phone back to my ear. "Give me that!" I heard Seulmi say in the background and then there was some rustling in the background before Seulmi spoke into the phone. "Funny story, Chunji," Seulmi said. "We kinda got lost. Would you mind telling us where your apartment is, again?" 

I facepalmed myself. Of course~ I half expected this. She's still horrible at directions. "Where are you now?" I asked. "We... Don't know..." She answered. I facepalmed myself again. Aigoo, this girl~

After finding out where they were, I instructed them throughout their way to our apartment, afraid that if I hung up, they'd get lost again. When they told me they were here already, they hung up and I went to check outside if they were here. I saw them get out of their car and I waved at them over.

Raerim ran up to me and peeked into our apartment. "Where's that bastard?" She stepped into the house and looked around. 

"L.Joe? He's in his room," I answered and pointed towards his door because I knew she didn't know where his room was anymore. She stormed off in the direction of his room and I turned back to Seulmi still at the door. "Make yourself at home," I said and then smiled at her, "like you always did."

She slowly walked in and looked around. "This place... is so familiar..." She said softly, but I heard it. I smiled at her words. "It seems familiar?" She nodded. "Kinda... In a way..."

 

Raerim's POV

Once Chunji pointed to L.Joe's door, I took long strides toward it and pushed the door open without knocking. He was sitting on his bed with a basket on the side, folding clothes. As a result of the door flying open, he jumped and threw whatever shirt that was in his hands in the air. "OMO!" He yelled and then looked at me. "Do you know how to knock?!" I shut the door. "No because apparently my life is now in the hands of an idiot folding laundry."

He picked up the shirt he dropped and continued folding. "What are you talking about? Why is your life in my hands?"

"You know where my parents live, right?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Well since Seulmi can't remember anything about them, she told me to ask you. I'm losing my dignity here, so if you would be so kind as to give me the directions, I'll leave right now." Although I would like to stay here a bit longer since they always come to our apartment, but whatever~

He glanced up at me and then back at his clothes. "Well?" He didn't answer me and continued folding. I saw his bite down on his lip. I know he knows something! I grimaced and stomped my foot. "Fine then. If you won't tell me, then I'll just ask Chunji. You can't be the only one who knows. It was a waste coming here anyways, jerk." I turned around and was about to leave his room until someone stopped me...

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXZnyy8vrs)

 

Chunji's POV

"Kinda... In a way..." She said. I watched as she held her head. "Are you feeling ohk?" She nodded. "My head... just hurts." I walked over to her, supporting her arm. "Do you need medicine?"

"No. I'm fine." She looked over to the door that Raerim disappeared behind. "If that's L.Joe's room, where's your room?" I pointed to another door down the hall. "Here. Follow me."

I opened the door for her and she walked in. Her eyes landed on my piano and walked towards it. "Can I really play the piano?" She asked as she brushed her fingers over the keys. I nodded. "You even taught me some songs." She looked at me. "I did?" 

I took a seat in front of the piano with Seulmi sitting next to me and I started playing 'Chopsticks'. After I was done, I looked up at her and smiled. "This was the very first song you taught me." I noticed she was holding her head again, but dropped her hand. "Really? When did I teach you it?" 

"Senior year. About a year ago." I then noticed something else and looked up at her into her eyes. "We're also sitting in the same position when you taught me it." 

"Since Raerim's memories are now in L.Joe's hands... Does that mean, my memories are in your hands?" She asked, still staring at me. I shook my head as I fixed a few strands of her bangs from her face. I then cupped her face in my hand and my thumb across her cheek. "They aren't in my hands."

She squinted at me and tilted her head, not able to understand me.

I continued, "they're in my heart... With you in it."

 

Raerim's POV

I was about to leave when L.Joe grabbed my wrist, spun me around and hugged me. It happened all too fast that I just stood there to think of what just happened. Is he... hugging me? I struggled to get out of his embrace, but he was too strong. "Let go," I whined, still trying to push him away. "L.Joe! Byunghun!" He only squeezed tighter. What the hell is he doing?! Is he insane?! I was squirming around, trying to snake my way out. "Byungun, I swear, if you don't let me go right now--" I started threatening him, but then he interrupted me.

"The more you complain, the longer I'll hold onto you."

I stopped moving and as I stood there, something stirred in my stomach and it made me feel uneasy. L.Joe's arms around me, this feeling in my stomach... It all doesn't make sense! I felt his hot breath on my neck and it made my stomach churn more. Then he slowly loosened his grasp and pulled back, looking at me. I suddenly felt a bit cold now, but I didn't pay much attention to the temperature as I stared back. 

After realizing what I was doing, I broke the gaze and turned away. I then took out my cell phone. "A-a-ah! Maybe I-I have my dad's nu-number in my phone?" I started scrolling threw my contacts when L.Joe snatched my phone away and held it up high. "Hey, give me back my phone." I said as I tried to jump up and get it, but failed. Curse my shortness~

"Do you want me to hold you again?" He asked, still holding my phone up. I stopped jumping and looked down. Don't admit it, don't admit it. There isn't even anything to admit to.

"Why are you looking down?" He asked. I didn't bother looking up at him. "I can't look down?" He tipped my chin up with his fingers to make me look at him. "Yeah, you can't... because then I can't see your eyes." He smiled. 

My eyes grew wide and my heart started beating faster. Omo~ what's happening?

 


nihkchar: *fangirl squeals* EEE! I wanna be Raerim so bad! ahaha, I was fangirling the whole time I wrote Raerim's POV xD

cheesebloo: Yeah ~ Ever since L.Joe showed his abs she's been fangirling. Before he showed them... She was all like, "I hate L.Joe" & now when he showed them poof... she forgot her haterd for him ~ xD

nihkchar: *glares* ya~ hush up over there e__o

cheesebloo: Make me ~!! *merong*

nihkchar: *hisssssssssss*

comment/subscribe